PDA

View Full Version : coming back after sickness

synthetic
10-18-2003, 04:57 PM
the week i got sick i was suppsoed to max out on my lifts. ive kept my calories the same increased water intake a bit with green tea in there...what do u guys do to get your strength back up quickly after beign sick?

Relentless
10-18-2003, 08:21 PM
just get back in the gym and keep lifting.
come on now... with the lifts in your signature, you certainly are no stranger to the iron game - this is something you should already know....

synthetic
10-18-2003, 09:22 PM
usually coming back i got ****ty lifts i want to avoid that and keep progressing upward!!!! :soapbox:

mikey4402
10-18-2003, 10:43 PM
i say do nothing differnt, just get back in the gym and you will feel better afterwords. but if your still sick, i say take more time off

Turboboy
10-29-2003, 08:06 AM
Usually when I get sick, I'll drop anywhere from 5-8lbs of bodyweight depending on how sick I am. It will usually take me about a month to recover and get back where I was. Fortunately, I don't get sick very often.

ChampionLifter8
10-29-2003, 02:56 PM
after a week off from sickness i started off light for the first workout then next workout when i was better my lifts were a lot better and i felt a lot stronger.. the rest was good for me. So do what your body tells you.