PDA

View Full Version : Banana,apples and OJ?

Vvitto
09-07-2001, 01:49 PM
What are the best fruits to be included as part of a good diet?
How many servings a day?

I eat at least 3 banana a day and also apples!
Is orange juice Ok ?

I am asking this because there are different aproaches and opinions in regard to using fruits in large quantities on a daily basis!

Thanks for sharing
V

hemants
09-07-2001, 02:02 PM
You could easily eat 5 - 6 servings of fruit a day. The more variety the better.

Drinking glass after glass of concentrated fruit juice, however, will probably be too much sugar (even if it is fructose); especially if you are trying to get lean.

Wizard
09-07-2001, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by hemants
You could easily eat 5 - 6 servings of fruit a day.
:eek: tuttut
Too much fructose!

twinturbo
09-12-2001, 10:35 AM
I limit mine to either 1 banana or 1 apple- about 1-2 hrs after morning workout..

Budiak
09-13-2001, 01:06 AM
Part of my "new" diet is that I dont eat fruit, and very little dairy. If I do eat fruit, it is in the form of jelly in combination with peanut butter.

The only produce I eat is veggies. Green beans, peas(I know, sugar.) and black beans.

Anybody have anything against beans?

The_Chicken_Daddy
09-13-2001, 10:12 AM
When i ain't cutting i eat fruit during the day [before 6pm] and veg any time after...

body
09-15-2001, 12:06 PM
5-6 pieces of fruit does not have that much fructose in it if you choose the right fruit.
eat your veg as well.
A can of coke will have more sugar in it than 3 apples or oranges.
The coke will not have the vits and fibre though. Fruits like strawberry have far less sugar in than that as well. you would have to eat 2 pounds of strawberry to get the same amount of sugar as a can of coke. Hope this puts into perspective of how low fruits are in sugar.
you can get 5 pices of fruit and veg for under 200kcals. which is about the same as a 30 grams of peanut butter. which is the amount you would probably put on your sandwich.

The_Chicken_Daddy
09-15-2001, 01:46 PM
yeah, body has basically just made the point of why i am so 'pro-fruit' if you will.

I would eat grapes occasionally also, but they are pure fructose so moderation is appropriate.

Fruit can benefit your digestive tract.

Mr BC
09-16-2001, 07:52 AM
Stay away from fruit juices!!! too much sugar and most of the nutrients are gone through processing.Fruit is a great source of fibre and full of vitamins.The only thing is whilst cutting i would eat fruit earlier in the day but otherwise eat fruit freely as well as vegetables.