PDA

View Full Version : Curious about sumthing..

defcon
10-20-2003, 10:16 AM
Hey.. well im wondering sumthing now.. about how many calories are in a can of beer? on average.. and should you count those calories towards your total calories for the day? the reason i ask is because im cutting now, i know that this weekend i will have a few.. ( i drink very responsibly :) 2 beer once a month does it for me ) haha, well i was wondering about this because if it was ognna put me over cal limit for the day, then i would just consume that amount of calories less throughoth the day... get what im saying? any links/info about beer and cutting/calories ect ect are welcome, please thanx.. laters!

Silverback
10-20-2003, 11:15 AM
Would you consider coke, fanta, oj etc.. calorie less?

Well beer contain both sugar and alcohol, which will count towards your daily total.

As to how many calories you will be consuming, that depends on what your drinking, but for your 500ml can your usually looking @ between 150-220 cals per can, this depends on alcohol levels.

But tbh if its just every now and again then dont sweat it and use it as a refeed or cheat, but if it was me i wouldnt drink on a cut anyway :)

Spartacus
10-20-2003, 11:26 AM
if i was going to drink i'd probably do it on a cut instead of bulk because of alcohol inhibiting protein synthesis, which probably isn't as big of a deal on cut as it is when trying to gain muscle.

TheGimp
10-20-2003, 12:22 PM
The other thing to watch out for is a sugar crash when you stop drinking and you end up eating anything in sight, which invariably is something like pizza or curry. Well in my experience anyway :)

Scott S
10-20-2003, 02:04 PM
Light beers are more like 110 cals. (+0.8 g protein. ;))

However, given your situation, and the fact that alcohol can make you hungry, I'd just not drink.