PDA

View Full Version : Bulking Question...

defcon
10-21-2003, 11:49 AM
Hey guys.. i was wondering.. being @ a high bf% ( im guessing near 20% ) would it be possible to clean bulk and gain more muscle then fat and have an overall drop in my bf%, but an increase in weight? get what im saying?

Also.. if you clean bulk, on say 3500-4000 cals a day ( and your miantaince is around 2500 ) what ratio of fat to muscle can you expect to gain appox? i know this depends on a lot of factors.. but im just looking for a basic idea.. anyone share ast experiences ect ect? thanx.. laters!

AlexBBbegginer
10-21-2003, 12:26 PM
As you gain more muscle your % of bodyfat decreases anyway, you dont lose any fat but the ratio of lean mass to fat becomes greater.

150lbs with 30lbsBF = 20% BF
300lbs with 30lbsBF = 10% BF

As long as you bulk clean and dont overeat, you wont encourage your body to store any extra fat (eating more dietary fat actually stops you storing fat too, so eat nuts and oily fish)

If your goal is more mass then bulk away but if u want to cut then cut away, its what ever your goal lies at really.

hemants
10-21-2003, 12:27 PM
the higher your body fat percentage, the higher proportion of fat you will gain as you gain weight. Also, excess body fat will mean that your body is producing lots of estrogen which may have something to do with it.

Thus in short, unless you really have a weight goal in mind, I would cut down to at least 15% before you bulk and preferrably more like 12 or 13%.

Holto
10-21-2003, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by hemants
I would cut down to at least 15% before you bulk and preferrably more like 12 or 13%.

& you can still build muscle while cutting

defcon
10-21-2003, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by hemants
the higher your body fat percentage, the higher proportion of fat you will gain as you gain weight. Also, excess body fat will mean that your body is producing lots of estrogen which may have something to do with it.

Thus in short, unless you really have a weight goal in mind, I would cut down to at least 15% before you bulk and preferrably more like 12 or 13%.

thgat is what i was thinking of doing/presently am doing.. sur i would like more muscle mass.. but right now my personal health would be of greater interest, and i do not feel like having to bulk up with such a high bf%, i do not believe it would be really healthy :P so im gonna cut to low low teens, try to ge to 10 or 11 or so, then bulk to whattever size i want :)

well thanx for the replies guys!