PDA

View Full Version : Hi

KingJustin
10-22-2003, 03:39 PM
Ok I decided to start one of these...
I've been keeping track of all my lifts since I started, but now I'll make it all public. Here's my old stuff:
http://tightinn.o-f.com/FitnessStuff.doc
(Right Click, Save Target As...)

Some info to start:
Height: 6'3
Weight: 193 lbs (All weight measurements will be off my scale, which is about 3-5 lbs low)
BF: About 8-10% (Estimate)

Bench: 195 x 1
Seated Military: 115 x 1
Power Cleans: 170 x 1
Barbell Curls: 110 x 3 x 3
Barbell Rows: 145 x 4 x 3
Hamstring Curls: 121 x 8 x 2
Tricep Extensions: 56 x 7 x 4
Reverse Curls: 79 x 8 x 2
BW Pull-ups: 14

I've been lifting since mid-October last year (2002). Other than that, the only thing that may have helped my GPP was Cross Country in 9th-11th grade, Indoor Track 9th & 10th and maybe LaCrosse, which I've done every year since 9th. I started off at 150 lbs and terribly weak. My biggest mistake thus far was to run Cross Country again (this year, my Senior year). My team was full of idiots and all we did was overtrain, which was even worse for me because I was lifting some to keep up my lifts. I did lots of cardio over the summer and ran 5-6 days a week from August to mid-September, and then I decided I wasn't going to keep messing my lifts up.

My goals are probably a lot differant in comparison to most people who post here, I guess. Ultimately, I want to be in as good shape all around as I possibly can be. This means that I want to be as strong as possible (not just in the big 3, and not just in strongman, but strong in just about every muscle group), fast as possible, be in great shape cardiovascularly, have muscle endurance, recovery ability, etc. Short term, I want to build up my strength/speed mainly and take all the muscle size gains I can get doing it (though I don't train specifically for size). I'll be playing Lacrosse this Spring and I want to be in good shape for that. I'm maybe slightly lacking in cardiovascular and by the time February comes around I'd like to be up to par in that area, but as much strength as I can get will be great. Part of the reason I play Lacrosse is because (other than that I love the sport) it's something that allows someone in great shape all around to prosper on the field.

I'd say I've got better recovery ability than most people that are my age and that have my training experience, but I've got 2 problems that are always giving me trouble. I have osgoodschlaughter's(sp?) disease in my knees, and something that causes my right knee to really hurt when I put too much weight on it. For this reason I squat wide and wear knee things that heat my knees for squats and power cleans. I also have a mild case of sculleosis in my back and my mid/lower lumbars in my back sometimes have some kind of problems.

Here's my current routine that I have been using for about a month and a half now. If you guys think I should change something just let me know. I figured I'd use it until Lacrosse season starts unless I'm doing something stupid:

Wednesday:
ME Bench (Work up to 1-3 rep max after doing a good amount of sets, sometimes doing 5-6 heavy reps beforehand)
DB Incline Bench
Low Rep Rack Lockouts
Pushdowns
Seated Military Press

Thursday:
Low Rep Rows
Low Rep Curls (2-3 sets, 0-2 sets of higher reps)
1 x BW Pull-ups (To Absolute Failure, Rest 20 seconds, repeat, rest 20 seconds, repeat)
1 Rep Power Cleans (Close to max every time, short rests, 3-5 sets)
SLDL (Not even close to failure, focus on progression)

Friday:
Upper Body GPP (Boxing, medicine balls, push-ups...something creative...try to keep heart rate up for at least 20 minutes. Include some high rep abdominal work)
Dynamic Calf Work

Saturday:
Heavy Grip Work
Wrist Curls
Optional: Lacrosse Practice or Cardio of some sort

Sunday:
Rotator Cuffs
DE Seated Military (6 sets, 2 different grips, 50 second rests) or ME Seated Military (switch every week)
DE Bench (8 sets, 3 different grips, 50 second rests)
Tricep Extensions (4-6 sets)
Tricep Pushdowns
High rep Abdominal work

Monday:
Squats (Focus on form and progression, don't worry about failure)
3-8 Rep Power Cleans (Optional Jerks)
Hamstring Curls
Reverse Curls
1 Arm Rows
1 x BW Wide-Grip Chin-ups (To failure)

Tuesday:
Heavy Abdominal Work
Dynamic Calf Work
Optional: Lower Body GPP (focus on speed and try to keep heart rate up for at least 20 minutes)

*2-3 sets of 7-10 reps for all exercises unless otherwise stated
Warm up/stretch before working out.. Finish with a good cool down and stretch
Aim to finish in 1:00 - 1:15
Lots of active recovery during and after the workout.
On stuff like Low Rep Rows, usually I'll start at a weight I can do for 3 sets 3-6 times. I'll do, say, 145 x 4, 145 x 4, 145 x 4 (the 4 remains constant). Then next week I should hit 145 x 6, 145 x 6, 145 x 6, and after I get it 6 times for 3 sets I'll move up. If I'm stuck on a weight for more than 3-4 weeks I'll generally just go up even if I can't get 6 sets of 3. I might change my set/rep scheme for most of the stuff besides Bench Press on December 1 to go with a Periodization type plan.
For the ME Bench, I do a different exercise every 3 weeks and try to target where I'm having problems. On the DE Bench I always do normal speed bench for 8 sets of 3. ME and DE Military are always military press.

..and my diet/daily fitness plan (also subject to change if you guys think it should):

6:45
Wake

7:00
Low Acid Orange Juice
Shake
-Whey
-2 Oatmeal
-Natty Peanut Butter
-Milk
Half Bagel

School

12:00
1 Peanut Butter/Jelly Sandwich
6" Turkey/Ham/Bacon/Wheat Bread Sub

School

2:10
1 Peanut Butter/Jelly Sandwich
Milk

2:40 - 3:10
Nap

3:10
Apple Juice

3:30
Complete Cereal
Chicken Breasts
Milk

3:50 - 5:00

3:50 - 5:00
Workout

5:00
Whey (With Water)
Oatmeal
Sometimes Glutamine
Big Glass of Grape Juice

(I'll start drinking a good amount of Milk between here and 8:00)

5:35
Chicken Breast

6:25
Chicken Breast

6:50
Whey

Sometime between now and 9:00 I'll have a Centrum

9:00
5 Eggs
Half Bagel

10:00
Glutamine
Olive Oil
Casein
Just a little milk

10:10
Sleep
----
Everything changes on the weekends because of work (aside from wake/sleep, I go to bed and wake up at the same time every day). I'll aim to get as many somewhat healthy calories at the right time as I can, but I don't do as well as during the week.

I stay very strict to my routine, and as close as possible to my diet. I never need a "cheat meal" or anything like that. I seriously just love lifting and fitness in general. Just seeing the weight add up on any lift is enough to keep me motivated and pumped up. I don't really need a training partner or anything like that to help me focus. Right now I work out at home (alone) and have just about all the equipment that I need, but I might join the gym close to here, mainly because they have an indoor track that I can use during the winter, rather than mess up my lungs (or perhaps it would help my lungs to run in the cold?) and maybe to meet up with a couple guys from Lacrosse so they can help me with board presses and the like. I don't really have a spotter I can always depend on being there, so even when I max on bench I tend to do it alone. I'll usually have a good idea at what I can do, and if I can't do it I can usually manage to get the bar off of me.

Goals by early February:
Weight: 205 lbs
Bench: 255 x 1
Rows: 175 x 3
Curls: 135 x 1 with perfect form
Seated Military: 150 x 1
Power Cleans: 205 x 1
Tricep Extensions: 80 x 10 x 5
Reverse Curls: 95 x 8
Hamstring Curls: 140 x 8
BW Pull-ups: 23
Improve Speed
Improve recovery after all out sprinting/be able to sprint for longer
Don't raise BF% much

And then to just get the weight up as much as I can without risking injury on Squats/SLDL/Rotators.

My only recent problem is that my reverse curl weight is stuck, and has been for like a month. I do 80 x 8 for one set, then I get like 4-6 reps, then I can't get any. I'm really upset about it. I recently started doing more grip work to (hopefully) eliminate the problem.

Lesnar_Rocks
10-22-2003, 03:43 PM
Looks like your off to a good start bro, keep it up, this is a good place.

KingJustin
10-22-2003, 03:43 PM
10/22/03
Bench: 135 x 3, 155 x 3, 175 x 3, 180 x 3, 190 x 1, 195 x 1, 200 x 0
DB Incline: 57 x 10 x 2
3rd Pin Down Press: 165 x 7
4th Pin Down Press: 165 x 5, 165 x 4
Tricep Pushdowns: 151 x 8 x 2
Front Raises: 33 x 8 x 2
The 180 lbs triple on bench seemed much easier than last week. The 190 felt good, I had great form and focus, etc. When I missed 200, I got it to a few inches off my chest. It was about the same place as the 4th pin down press, again. I forgot to use my breathing “strategy” and focus all muscles in my entire body on it, and I guess I wasn’t pumped up enough.
The 3 pin down presses were done until I realized that I was not planning on doing them anymore..haha..
I tried for a fifth rep on the 4th pin down press and got it a bit off the pins, but couldn’t keep going, surprisingly. I think I was off centered or something.
Triicep pushdowns were hard, but I guess I hit it anyways.

4 pin presses, for me, are about as high off my chest as the length of my hand + about an inch.

Saint Patrick
10-22-2003, 03:51 PM
Good luck w/ the journal and goals. Where's the deadlifts?

BTW adding 60lbs to your bench is gonna take a while. Especially if you only want to gain 12lbs.

KingJustin
10-22-2003, 04:21 PM
Thanks for the fast comments guys..

St. Patrick, no dead lifts right now because I'm still a little afraid of back problems from going too heavy and what not. I feel like squats+cleans+grip work+straight leg dead lifts should be enough to build the same muscles and get a good base for me to start adding on some heavy dead lifts later on.

I put 205 as my weight goal, but if I go over that it would be even better so long as I don't add a ton of fat. I figured it would be realistic for me since I don't really train specifically for hypertrophy, but maybe I'll be a bit heavier.

Thanks again!

ryan1117
10-22-2003, 04:28 PM
What kind of journal title is that?:D

KingJustin
10-23-2003, 07:59 PM
10/23/03
Power Cleans: 170 x 1 x 3, 175 x 1
Rows: 145 x 6 x 3
Barbell Curls: 110 x 4 x 2, 110 x 3
SLDL: 145 x 10 x 2
(About 3.5 hours later)
BW Pull-ups: 13 (failed on 14th), (20 sec rest) 4, (20 sec rest) 3, one negative and about a 5 second static hold at the part I couldn’t get past on the 14th rep (which was towards the very top).

Saint Patrick
10-23-2003, 10:55 PM
Nice Cleanin'

drew
10-24-2003, 09:53 AM
Originally posted by ryan1117
What kind of journal title is that?:D
I think he meant to say "high" but got too lazy. lol

Dude, looking good. :spam:

Work in some deadlifts, even if you go very light. They'll help you avoid injury if you do them correctly.

KingJustin
10-24-2003, 04:13 PM
10/24/03
¼ Mile Warm-up
I did about a mile of HIIT, which took probably about 8-9 minutes (I would sprint for about 8 seconds, jog very slowly for like 20 and then repeat) and then jogged another quarter mile. It was damn cold outside. I need to start breathing through my nose or something, too. My speed seemed pretty good – those SLDL and Power Cleans must be helping. I might start needing to do some direct quad work soon, though…I think it would help my speed.
BW Full Decline: 10 Russian Twists, 55 sit-ups (Done 3 times)
Some dynamic calf work
Abdominal/Oblique stabilizer work
I was just a little bit sore in my legs, and my chest kind of hurt like it used to when I did dips…probably from the static hold on pull-ups yesterday.

aka23
10-24-2003, 04:39 PM
Originally posted by Bizatch
Ok I decided to start one of these...
I've been keeping track of all my lifts since I started, but now I'll make it all public. Here's my old stuff:
http://tightinn.o-f.com/FitnessStuff.doc

When I click on the link mentioned above, I get the following error message:

"A Hotlinking Error Has Occured!

We have detected a hotlinking error. Hotlinking is when you link to images or NON html files on o-f.com from another host. Hotlinking is not allowed for our FREE Accounts. Hotlinking is allowed for our paid accounts. Your account can be upgraded in the user section when you have logged in. "

To access the page, I needed to first go to the page http://tightinn.o-f.com/ , then cut and paste the link http://tightinn.o-f.com/FitnessStuff.doc into my address window , so that the page was not "hotlinked" from an external site.

I am surprised you did cross country with OSD in your knees. I used to have a pain in my knees in the area associated with OSD. The problem was most noticable when doing long runs, and the problem went away when I cut down on the volume of my runs.

Good luck with your goals.

KingJustin
10-24-2003, 07:32 PM
Thanks..

Drew, I'll do some semi-light deadlifts on Saturdays during my grip work instead of just setting the pins low and holding it. My grip strength sucks, so I guess deadlifting it should be easy.

Aka, thanks for telling me that. I set the site up specifically to host stuff like this. It turned out to be a bad idea. I edited my first post -- you have to right click and save target as.

Cross country was a stupid idea and I wish I played football because I would have hit the weights much sooner. I hate to have started so far behind. Fortunately I found WBB and have a decent knowledge of how to catch up. And yes, my OSD would get really bad when upping the amount of running. During the summer it wasn't as hard on them because I knew how to control it, but during the season it got to be pretty bad.

KingJustin
10-25-2003, 05:37 PM
10/25/03
I jogged for 20:30 at a pretty slow pace, trying to get soreness out (my legs were pretty damn sore).
(3 hours later)
Deadlift Static Hold: 230 x 20 seconds, 230 x 15 seconds
Reverse Wrist Curls: 45 x 8 x 2
Wrist Curls: 55 x 12 x 2
My forearms/wrists were pretty worn out from those static holds.
We just got a Spa, and I’m going to be sure to take advantage of that.

KingJustin
10-26-2003, 05:37 PM
10/26/03
Rotators: 33 x 11 x 2 (Much better form than last time)
DE Bench: 105 x 3 x 8
DE Military: 65 x 3 x 5
Tricep Extensions: 56 x 9 x 4, 56 x 5 (Failed on 6th)
Tricep Pushdowns: 102 x 16 x 2
DE Bench was tough on my chest. The center still hurts when I put a lot of pressure on it, and I still blame the static hold on Pull-ups.
DE Military was pretty fast and felt surprisingly easy, aside from a fairly slow eccentric (“negative”).
The pushdowns felt really easy, as I figured they would. The plan is to go up 2½ lbs every week and gaining one rep, going until I take a week off in November.
(About 4 hours later)
BW Full Decline: 10 Russian Twists, 55 Sit-ups (Done 3 times throughout workout)
DB Side Bends: 57 x 10 x 2
Some abdominal/oblique stability work
The side bends were intentionally light. I don’t want to overwork my grip, and I want to be able to go up by a few pounds every week for awhile.

ChampionLifter8
10-26-2003, 08:00 PM
nice lifts so far bro.. keep it up

KingJustin
10-27-2003, 04:58 PM
10/27/03
Squats: 180 x 10, 185 x 10, 190 x 10
Power Cleans: 145 x 6 x 2
Hamstring Curls: 123.5 x 8 x 2
Reverse Curls: 80 x 8 x 3
Wide Grip Pull-ups: 8
1 Arm Rows: 77 x 10 x 2
Rehab (Knees):
BW Bulgarian Split Squats: 2 sets of 8
BW Full Squats: 2 sets of 10
I have to jump about 28 lbs on the 1 Arm Rows for lack of weights…
I think I might change my pull-ups around: Wide grips on Thursday and Close grips on Monday. The brachialis is getting hit hard enough on reverse curls that I’m too fatigued to really do wide grip pull-ups.
My form is getting a little better on squats I guess. I’m learning to sit back better.
Notable Soreness: Hamstrings, Triceps, Obliques
I'm going to go a little easier than planned tomorow because of all this soreness (and I have work)

KingJustin
10-28-2003, 01:12 PM
10/28/03
BW Hanging Leg Raises: 10, 10
Abdominal Pulldowns: 177 x 10 x 3
BW Crunches: 35 (as a drop set)
Stability Abdominal Work as a second drop set
Some dynamic calf work
Soreness: Still triceps, obliques and hamstrings, though all are slightly better. I really hope that my triceps make a full recovery by tomorrow.

KingJustin
10-29-2003, 04:21 PM
10/29/03
Bench: 95 x 3, 135 x 3, 155 x 3, 175 x 1, 185 x 1, 200 x 1, 205 x 1, 210 x 0
DB Bench: 63 x 7 x 2
4th Pin Press: 170 x 5 x 2
Tricep Pushdowns: 151 x 10 x 2
Front Raises: 35 x 8 x 2
205 went up fast…good form, etc.
On 210 I got stuck a few inches off my chest. Usually I get stuck a little higher...
Triceps were still relatively sore this morning, but by the time I worked out they weren’t too bad.
My chest still kind of hurts. It’s not really sore, it just kind of feels like a heavy weight is lying on the middle of my chest kind of.
I’ll be doing BenchMonster’s board press plan the next 6 weeks for ME Bench.

HahnB
10-29-2003, 06:27 PM
Good job on the 205, my sticking point is the same as yours usually, couple inches off my chest. Close grips and lat work really helped me there so far.

KingJustin
10-30-2003, 03:29 PM
10/30/03
Power Cleans: 165 x 1, 175 x 1 x 3, 180 x 1
Rows: 150 x 6, 150 x 5 x 2
Curls: 110 x 5, 110 x 3, 110 x 3
SLDL: 150 x 8 x 2
I also tried 115 lbs twice on Curls (after SLDL) and I missed it both times (though both were close). After the second time, I did a reasonably long negative.
I’m pretty upset with the numbers I’m putting up on curls. They just aren’t going up…
My plan up until the last week or so in November is going to be to go up 5 lbs every week regardless of how many reps I do (so long as I get at least one). After that I’ll be able to take a week off and start everything back at 10-11 reps or so.
No pull-ups because I think they are hurting my chest for some odd reason and I want it to recover before I do them again.
The only soreness was in my chest.

Thanks for the advice Hahn. I checked out your journal -- looking good!

KingJustin
10-31-2003, 04:19 PM
10/31/03
I did 3 short circuits with rest in between…
1:30 on the bag, 10 full decline Russian twists and 40 full decline sit-ups.
I repeated the sit-up combo once more.
DB Side Bends: 67 x 10 x 2
BW Hanging Leg Raises: 10
Mild soreness in Hamstrings.

KingJustin
11-01-2003, 11:07 AM
11/1/03
I did an HIIT run for a whopping 6:20 before feeling like puking. This meant sprinting all out for 10 seconds and jogging slowly for 30 seconds. I forgot to not eat before running, though. Every 40 second cycle I was making decent distance, though…probably a good bit better than last time.
In the same workout, I also did:
Deadlift Static Holds: 233 x 20 seconds x 2
Reverse Wrist Curls: 45 x 10 x 2
Wrist Curls: 60 x 10 x 2

rookiebldr
11-01-2003, 05:17 PM
Your curls look good to me. Nice strength there as well as else where. Give it a bit more time and see if you progress.

How is the weight gain going?

KingJustin
11-02-2003, 05:57 PM
11/2/03
Seated Military: 45 x 6, 70 x 5, 95 x 3, 100 x 3, 105 x 3, 110 x 1, 115 x 1, 120 x 1, 125 x 0
Rotators: 33 x 10 x 2
DE Bench: 110 x 3 x 8
Tricep Extensions: 56 x 10 x 5
Tricep Pushdowns: 104 x 17 x 2
125 lbs didn’t have much of a chance of going up, but I think it will next time….115 flew up in about a second or less. That speed work is actually helping, I think.
Benches were going up in about 3 seconds for every set or so.
Triceps weren’t doing as well as usual. I was warming up on extensions and I tried going with a 70 x 2 and I couldn’t get it once (though I wasn’t ready to try real hard, I thought it would be easy). Every set on extensions was really tough, as were the pushdowns. I’ll be doing lots of Active Recovery for them.
(A good bit later in the days)
Hanging Leg Raises: 10 (Perfect form)
BW Full Incline: 10 Russian Twists, 40 sit-ups (Done Twice)
Dynamic Calf Work
Abdominal/Oblique Stability Work
My abs got tired pretty fast today.

As far as weight gain, I'm going at about the rate I want to -- probably about a pound a week. I'm changing my goal slightly, though.
My current morning weight is about 191 lbs (usually about 196 at night). I want to weigh 200 lbs in the morning.
I might start having a foot long instead of a 6" sub if things start slowing down, though.

KingJustin
11-03-2003, 07:25 PM
1/3/03
Squats: 185 x 10, 190 x 10, 195 x 10
Power Cleans: 145 x 6 x 2
Hamstring Curls: 126 x 8 x 2
Reverse Curls: 85 x 6 x 2
BW Pull-ups: 12
1 Arm Rows: 77 x 11 x 2
Triceps sore, as expected. Hopefully it wears off by tomorrow. I’ve been doing everything I know to get them to recover quickly.
(Several hours later)
Knee Rehab: 10 BW Bulgarian Split Squats x 2, 12 BW Full Squats, 25 Hindu Squats
Also did the Hindu Neck Bridge thing for about 30 seconds. My back is getting a little more flexible I think.

drew
11-03-2003, 07:50 PM
That's a lot of reps on the squats. Looking good though.

KingJustin
11-04-2003, 04:54 PM
1/4/03
BW Leg Raises: 10 reps x 3 sets
Abdominal Pulldowns: 177 x 10 x 3
DB Side Bends: 77 x 10 x 2
BW Full Incline Russian Twists: 25 (Drop set)
Abdominal/Oblique Stability Work (Drop set)
High rep calf work
Soreness: Triceps, Glutes, Groin, Right part of upper back

KingJustin
11-05-2003, 04:00 PM
11/5/03
2 Board Press: 45 x 6, 135 x 3, 155 x 3, 170 x 3, 185 x 2, 195 x 1, 205 x 1, 210 x 0, 210 x 1, 215 x 0
DB Incline: 67 x 4, 67 x 6
4th Pin Press: 175 x 5 x 2
Tricep Pushdowns: 154 x 8 x 3
Front Raises: 35 x 9 x 2
I’m not completely used to the board presses. I didn’t have a spotter all the way up until I hit 210. After missing 210 and needing to pull it off me I was a bit annoyed. I missed it mainly because I was worrying about the boards not sliding or what to do if I missed. I just didn’t concentrate at all. I think I had a shot at 215, but again didn’t concentrate enough. I’m going to try to get a workout partner at least on bench days. Also, the boards are all 2x4s (2” thick)…so I was benching about 4” off of my chest.
My Triceps/Back were a little sore going in, with calves very sore (didn’t expect that).
Weight: 200 lbs ..though this was after drinking a good amount..

KingJustin
11-06-2003, 07:38 PM
11/6/03
Power Cleans: 180 x 1, 180 x 1, 180 x 1, 185 x 1
Rows: 155 x 4 x 3
Curls: 115 x 3, 115 x 2, 115 x 1, 120 x 2 (Both Negatives)
BW Wide Grip Chins: 10
SLDL: 155 x 8 x 2
Somehow I managed to hurt the left part of my upper back. I think it was after the Chin-ups, though maybe it was on my last set of curls. It hurt a lot when I took deep breathes, but by the end of the day it wasn’t as bad.
(3 Hours Later)
30 Hindu Squats, 30 second Bridge (a little farther than before)

KingJustin
11-08-2003, 07:51 PM
11/8/03
Snatch Grip Deadlift Static Holds: 238 x 20 seconds x 2
DB Reverse Wrist Curls: 27 x 6 x 2
DB Wrist Curl: 37 x 6
BB Wrist Curl: 65 x 10
4 Downhill Sprints
2 Uphill Sprints
Hill was about 100m
The DB Wrist curls hurt a lot (bad hurt), so I switched. I’ll be using the curl bar for now on for the wrist/reverse wrist curls. Snatch grip felt a lot harder than normal grip dead lifts.
I sprinted one way and walked the other way. The sprints were (sadly) pretty tiring. Even after running I felt out of it for awhile.
My back still feels just a little bit different than usual.

KingJustin
11-09-2003, 11:22 AM
11/9/03
Rotator Cuffs: 33 x 12 x 2
DE Bench: 115 x 3 x 8
DE Military: 65 x 3 x 5
Tricep Extensions: 60 x 7 x 5, 60 x 5
Tricep Pushdowns: 107 x 18 x 2
Rotator cuff form was decent…
Bench went up in under 3.5 seconds for sure, but it could be faster. I’ll repeat next week.
Military press was going up pretty fast…
On tricep extensions the first set felt pretty damn heavy, and then I got 3 more. I took a short rest, hoping I’d fail before that 7th rep, and didn’t. So I take another real short rest, and finally fail. Perfect form all the way through.

KingJustin
11-11-2003, 06:47 AM
11/10/03
Squats: 190 x 10, 195 x 10, 200 x 10
Power Cleans: 145 x 8 x 2
Hamstring Curls: 128 x 8 x 2
Reverse Curls: 85 x 7 x 2 (Failed on 8th rep both times)
BW Pull-ups: 12
1 Arm Rows: 77 x 12 x 2
I feel like my squats are with fairly good form, finally. They felt pretty light, too.
I’m slowly getting rid of my weight belt..
(3 hours later)
Rehab: BW Bulgarian Split Squats: 12 reps x 2 sets, 15 BW ATF Squats, 35 Hindu Squats, Still working on doing that neck bridge thing.
Triceps were sore..

KingJustin
11-12-2003, 01:44 PM
11/11/03
Abdominal Pulldowns: 183 x 10 x 3
BW Hanging Leg Raises: 12 reps x 2 sets
Speed Full Incline Sit-ups: 50 lbs x 15 reps x 2 sets
Negative Full Incline Sit-ups: 50 lbs x 5 reps (very slow)
Side Bends: 77 x 12 x 2
Dynamic Calf Work
Some tricep soreness
The speed sit-ups could have been done a good bit faster. I’ll keep with the same weight/rep scheme until it gets better.
I can finally do a hanging leg lift hold for a few seconds. Hopefully in a few weeks I’ll be able to hold it for awhile.

KingJustin
11-12-2003, 04:26 PM
11/12/03
3 Board Press: 135 x 3, 155 x 3, 175 x 3, 185 x 3, 195 x 1, 210 x 1, 215 x 1, 220 x 1, 225 x 0
DB Incline: 55 x 6, 55 x 7
Tricep Pushdowns: 80 x 6, 80 x 8
Front Raises: 35 x 9 x 2
(50 minutes later, at home)
4th Pin Press: 180 x 5 x 4
I worked out at a different gym because I needed a spotter. The gym was horrible.
Everything was done on very short rests…no more than 2 minutes between even the bench sets.
The 225 should have gone up, and probably would have if I were at home. I got it an inch or so off of the board, but wasn’t focused enough.
The incline on the bench was very high (you had a choice between flat, very low, and very high), though I probably had a couple of reps in me both sets. Oh well.
Pushdowns were on a different machine, and I’m not sure if those numbers are right. The pushdown thing felt a lot different.
I didn’t realize that I had done the same thing on front raises this week and last week. I could have done one more both sets.
Pre workout nutrition was bad, but between the gym and the house I had nothing to eat, so I had milk between sets at the house.

I was pretty pissed off. The gym was at a country club about 10 minutes down the road from my house. I was told by several people that it was a good gym and decided I'd try my luck with it. All machines except for one terrible bench with a crappy bar.

And then the few people that were there pissed me off. There were 2 other annoying girls there, and one seemed to be training the other. I'm doing my last couple of sets in bench and they are over at the smith machine taking turns doing the worst form squats I've ever seen with a 45 lb bar on it and nothing else. I'm explaining to my spotter exactly why I am using a board to do bench press and giving him a very short explanation of ME Bench. So then the "trainer" overhears the conversation and basically tells me it's a bad idea and all the strong people train higher reps. I kind of give the "oh" and do my last couple sets, with her just looking at me like I have no clue what I'm doing. Yeah, thanks, **** off.

And then, on the way home, there was an accident and it took forever to get back, so no shake until I got home 50 minutes later. That really pissed me off.

Fortunately there's 2 more places to try: Gold's Gym and the YMCA. I think I'll just try and make sure someone is around to spot me next week at home, though, because I really don't feel like needing to have a "professional Gold's Gym trainer" give me the "Board presses?! WTF?" speach and expect me to follow his advice.

FFeJ
11-12-2003, 05:33 PM
Are you Bizatch from Warcraft II? If so it's me [Fw]JJ :)

KingJustin
11-13-2003, 07:52 PM
11/13/03
Power Cleans: 135 x 2, 177 x 1, 185 x 1 x 3, 190 x 1, 195 x 0, 195 x 1
Rows: 160 x 3 x 3
Curls: 120 x 1 x 2, 120 x 0, 125 x 2 (Negatives)
Wide Grip Chins: 10
SLDL: 160 x 8 x 2
(3 hours later)
40 Hindu Squats
I did “Real” bridge, realized I had done it, and then forgot to hold it…back flexibility is getting better at any rate.
Also, I figured out how to squat today.

KingJustin
11-15-2003, 11:17 AM
11/15/03
Morning:
Deadlift Static Holds: 245 x 20 seconds (Snatch Grip), then about 3 times I held it only about 10 seconds, with various stances/grips
Reverse Wrist Curls: 50 x 8 x 2
Wrist Curls: 70 x 5, 70 x 6
I boxed on the heavy bag semi-HIIT style for 4 minute. 10 seconds as hard as I could go, 20 seconds rest, repeat. Having no gloves may have been a bad idea.
Hamstrings sore..
Evening:
45 Hindu Squats, 20 second “real” neck bridge.

ChampionLifter8
11-15-2003, 12:09 PM
workouts are looking good man keep up the good intensity

KingJustin
11-16-2003, 06:27 PM
11/16/03
Morning:
Seated Military: 45 x 6, 77 x 3, 87 x 3, 95 x 3, 100 x 3, 105 x 3, 110 x 3, 115 x 1, 120 x 1, 125 x 1
DE Bench: 95 x 3, 125 x 3, 130 x 3 x 8
Tricep Extensions: 66 x 1, 66 x 4 x 3, 66 x 2, 66 x 3 + 6 assisted
Tricep Pushdowns: 111 x 17 x 2
Rotators kind of hurt going in, so I decided not to use them. I also did some tricep extensions with just the 35 lb bar, for absolutely no reason.
The DE Bench wasn’t all that fast, but I think I was under 3.5 seconds for most of my sets.
Evening:
BW Full-Incline: Russian Twists x 20, Sit-ups x 55
Hanging Leg Raise Static Holds: 10 seconds x 3 sets

KingJustin
11-17-2003, 07:37 PM
11/17/03
Squats: 135 x 5, 185 x 3, 205 x 10, 215 x 10, 225 x 10
Speed Power Cleans: 135 x 3 x 3
Hamstring Curls: 131 x 8 x 2
Reverse Curls: 90 x 5 x 2
BW Pull-Ups: 12
I was really excited about doing squats … up until I got under the bar and realized that although I think I’ve got the form down, it’s much harder on my back now (especially considering the amount of weight I added). Before, I would put the pressure on my knees, and now it’s shifting a lot more to my back.
The speed on the power cleans was pretty good, but it still has room for improvement.
(3 hours later)
BW Rehab, etc: 55 Hindu squats, 20 front squats, 15 Bulgarian split squats, 20 second neck/back bridge

KingJustin
11-19-2003, 07:31 PM
10/18/03
Abdominal Pulldowns: 188 x 10 x 3
DB Side Bends: 90 x 7 x 2
Some tricep soreness.

10/19/03
3 Board Press: 45 x 6, 135 x 3, 155 x 3, 165 x 3, 175 x 3, 185 x 3, 190 x 3, 205 x 1, 215 x 1, 220 x 1, 225 x 0, 225 x 0
DB Incline: 67 x 7 x 2
4th Pin Press: 185 x 2 x 2
Tricep Pushdowns: 157 x 8 x 2
Front Raises: 44 x 4 x 2
Well…****
The first 225 I used a pretty narrow grip and got it up a few inches off the boards, getting stuck about the same place as where I get stuck on bench, but then after I missed it, I had trouble getting it off me and I guess tired myself out. The second one was with a wider grip and didn’t go anywhere. I am just not focusing enough with these board presses I guess.
The tricep pushdowns had poor form towards the end. Gonna repeat that next time. On the front raises I didn’t do negatives really until the last rep for both sets.

KingJustin
11-20-2003, 06:16 PM
10/20/03
Power Cleans: 135 x 2, 155 x 1, 185 x 0 x 4, 45 x 6, 135 x 2, 155 x 1, 185 x 1, 190 x 0, 190 x 1, 195 x 1, 200 x 0 x 2
Rows: 135 x 3, 155 x 1, 165 x 3, 170 x 1, 175 x 1
Curls: 105 x 2, 115 x 1, 125 x 1, 125 x 0, (drop set) 6 pull-ups just to get a little pump
SLDL: 165 x 8 x 2
I started doing cleans and got to 185 as a warm-up, and missed it about 4 times. I took a 10 minute break, ate some carbs and had a shake (I forgot to have carbs like usual) and then went back down and started over.
The 175 x 1 felt easy, but I was trying to hurry up and get everything over with because I was pretty far behind.
(3 Hours Later)
60 Hindu Squats, 30 second neck bridge

KingJustin
11-21-2003, 04:32 PM
10/21/03
I started off by running a quarter mile warm-up, doing HIIT for about 4 minutes, going pretty fast, and then doing a half mile cool down. Then ..
Abdominal Pulldowns: 193 x 10 x 3
BW Hanging Leg Raises: 10 seconds x 3 sets
Speed Full Incline Sit-ups: 50 lbs x 15 reps x 2 sets
Full Incline Russian Twists: 20 reps
Dynamic Calf Work

KingJustin
11-22-2003, 07:21 PM
10/22/03
Morning:
Deadlift Static Holds: 250 x 20 seconds x 2
Reverse Wrist Curls: 55 x 7, 55 x 6
Wrist Curls: 70 x 7, 70 x 6
Evening:
65 Hindu Squats, 30 second neck bridge

KingJustin
11-23-2003, 08:00 PM
10/23/03
Some light rotator work
DE Bench: 135 x 3 x 8
DE Military: 70 x 3 x 8
Tricep Extensions: 66 x 5 x 4, 66 x 7
Tricep Pushdowns: 113 x 20 x 2
DE Bench was pretty slow…
DE Military was accelerating fast BUT my reversal strength was pretty bad.
Extensions could have used a little bit better form.
(4 hours later)
BW Full Incline: 22 Russian twists, 56 sit-ups
A leg lift/static hold
Quads sore
I tried to do an “extreme stretch” for my triceps today, but it didn’t hurt at all or anything like that. I couldn’t stretch it any farther, either.

KingJustin
11-24-2003, 07:07 PM
10/24/03
Squats: 45 x 6, 135 x 5, 185 x 3, 205 x 10, 220 x 10, 250 x 10
Reverse Curls: 90 x 8, 90 x 2, 90 x 1, 90 x 4
Hamstring Curls: 136 x 8, 136 x 5
Squats were damn tiring. The heavier sets could use a little bit better form, but they really hurt my back, so I could only go so deep.
I just barely pumped out 8 reps on reverse curls, and with relatively short rests and not a whole lot of effort since I was already feeling “the burn” I didn’t get in as many reps. The last set was after one set of hamstring curls.
(5 hours later)
70 Hindu Squats, 30 second neck bridge
Triceps are a bit sore

KingJustin
11-25-2003, 04:22 PM
10/25/03
Abdominal Pulldowns: 199 x 10 x 3
Hanging Leg Lifts: 8 sec, 7 sec
Hanging Leg Raises: 10 (drop set)
BW Full Incline: 20 Russian twists, 30 sit-ups
Behind the neck Pulldowns: 94 lbs x 50 reps
BB Rows: 45 x 50 reps
Abdominal Stability Work
My bicep tendons seemed to get hit harder on the rows/pulldowns than anything else.
Weight: 195 (Morning), 202 last night

I tried Bulk Fish Oil Powder for the first time. Jesus christ that stuff smells and tastes like crap. With just a teasponn it completely changed the taste in my shake that also had glutamine, whey, oatmeal and water in it ... and kept that taste in my mouth for an hour. Gotta get used to it I guess.

KingJustin
11-26-2003, 07:31 PM
10/26/03
5 Board Press: 45 x 6 x 2, 135 x 3, 155 x 1 x 2, 205 x 1, 215 x 1 x 2, 220 x 1, 225 x 1, 230 x 1, 235 x 1 x 2, 240 x 0
DB Incline: 67 x 8, 67 x 5
4th Pin Press: 185 x 5 x 2
Tricep Pushdowns: 157 x 8 x 2
Front Raises: 44 x 6
DB Incline: 27 x 35, 17 x 50
Tricep Pushdowns: 44 x 100
Did some extreme stretches…
(3 Hours Later)
Shrugs: 55 lbs x 50 reps
75 Hindu Squats
Hamstring Curls: 33 lbs x 50 reps

I'll be going down to florida and then on a cruise and back home. I'll be back monday. I'll eat around maintenance mixing calories about 33/33/33. I'll do one DE workout on Sunday and perhaps some high rep stuff.

KingJustin
12-02-2003, 03:20 PM
12/2/03
Bench: 45 x 6, 135 x 3 x 3, 155 x 3, 165 x 3, 185 x 2, 185 x 3, 200 x 1, 210 x 1, 215 x 1
Standing Triceps DB Extension: 50 x 10, 55 x 10 x 2 (messed up and forgot until I got home), 55 x 8 x 2, 55 x 6
Triceps Pushdown: Around 150 x 8
Front Raise: 25 x 6, 35 x 8 x 2
Morning Weight: 193.5
I joined Gold’s gym today. I also felt really kind-of-dizzy from the ship…it felt like I was rocking back and forth all day.
The bench there was really slick, as was the floor. It was really hard for me to get a good arch and dig my triceps in.
The DB extensions were not with as good form as I would have liked. My elbows were out instead of in and such.
I forgot to note how much weight I was using on the pushdown machine, and so I honestly have absolutely no idea, but it’s probably equivalent to about 145-150 on my machine.
The lifts all felt weird, as expected. The whole take almost a week off never does me too good.
I’m really hoping that my weight loss was from primarily water weight and glucose levels dropping, and that my bench sucked because of the bench itself and my dizziness, and not because I lost neural adaptations and/or muscle.

The people at the gym were pretty cool, except for them wanting to train me and expecting me to go well over an hour or something, probably figuring if I'm not commited to lifting early on then I sure as hell won't be in a couple of months.

KingJustin
12-03-2003, 06:41 PM
12/3/03
Abdominal Pulldowns: 188 x 10 x 3
BW Hanging Leg Lift Static Holds: 10 sec x 3 sets (somewhat sloppy “form” towards the end)
Dynamic Calf Work

KingJustin
12-04-2003, 03:32 PM
12/5/03
Power Cleans: 135 x 3 x 2, 155 x 1, 165 x 1, 165 x 3 x 3
DB Seated Curls: 30 x 11, 30 x 8, 30 x 7
Wide Grip Lat Pulldowns: “10” x 10 x 2, “10” x 9
BW Hypers: 8, 25
Narrow Stance, Deep Leg Press: 135 x 15 x 2
DB Side Raises: 15 x 11, 15 x 10
I guess I took pretty short rests, though I didn’t really notice it. My muscles were always pretty tired going from 1 set to the next and I didn’t really push any of the sets but the last one.
(3 Hours Later)
Leg Extensions: 33 lbs x 100 reps (Fairly Easy, though it started burning towards the end)
Neck Bridge for a few seconds .. I wasn’t stretched out enough beforehand, though.
Oh, and triceps are really sore.

KingJustin
12-05-2003, 08:06 PM
12/6/03
Calf Extensions on 45 degree sled: 225 x 10 x 2 (Very easy)
BW Vertical Leg Raises (with legs straight): 10 reps x 2 sets
Sit-up Machine Sit-ups: “9” x 15 reps x 2 sets
BW Side Bends on Hyper Machine: 10 reps x 2 sets (Very easy)
(5 hours later)
External Rotations on Pulley: 22 x 10, 22 x 15
Internal Rotations on Pulley: 22 x 10, 22 x 10
Speed Full-Incline Sit-ups: 50 lbs x 15 reps x 2 sets
The speed sit-ups were faster than normal, as were a few sit-ups I did as a warm-up. The only real slow part was going from the eccentric to the concentric.
Soreness (from least to most): Hamstrings, Triceps, Lats, Biceps, Traps…with everything but the hamstrings being pretty damn sore.

KingJustin
12-06-2003, 08:01 PM
12/6/03
Wrist Curls: 56 x 10 x 2
Reverse Wrist Curls: 46 x 10 x 2
I got a flu shot in my left lateral delt today. I hope it doesn’t hurt anything tomorrow.
Soreness: Biceps, triceps, traps, maybe a little in the hams and lats

KingJustin
12-07-2003, 07:56 PM
12/7/03
Bench: 145 x 10, 190 x 1
DE Military: 75 x 3 x 5
Military: 75 x 10
4th Pin Press: 179 x 5 x 3
DB Low Incline Bench: 57 x 9 x 2
Followed it up with extreme bench stretches…
I was kind of shaking after the workout ….
The DE Bench definitely could have been better, though a couple sets were OK.
Military was fast aside from the eccentric to concentric switch.
The 4th pin presses were pretty tough…
My left delt was hurting me a little bit.
Soreness: a little in my triceps and biceps, and still a fair amount in my traps.

Deibiddo
12-08-2003, 12:37 AM
flu shot didn't seem to hurt anything, Good deal.

KingJustin
12-08-2003, 06:45 PM
12/8/03
Squats: 135 x 6, 185 x 3, 185 x 6
45 degree seated leg press: 295 x 7, 205 x 9
Hamstring Curls: “12” x 11, “12” x 9
Hang Cleans: 115 x 4, 115 x 5 (preceded by 1 power clean)
Push Presses: 115 x 3
Rows: 115 x 12, 125 x 9
Reverse Curls: 80 x 7, 80 x 4
Well…That really sucks.
Squats were changed a lot. I was doing squats in the power rack and not doing “bench squats” where I squat down onto a bench (for the first time). I also didn’t use my little pad thing because it was in the gym and the bar wasn’t very rough. This in turn led to my back not hurting, though I didn’t use my knee straps and they did hurt, though I may have been using too much weight and in turn used poor form past the 135, though I could definitely feel my hips working really hard, finally.
I didn’t like the hamstring curl machine.
The hang cleans were pretty easy, I probably should have repped out more (though I did really like them)….the push presses, on the other hand, were kind of slow, and I felt like I was sort of military pressing the weight.
(4 Hours Later)
Leg Extensions: 35 x 100
BB Rows: 125 x 12, 125 x 9 (I was pissed about not hitting 125 x 12 in the gym)
..I did the BB row weight x 10 with squats. I don’t know why, but it felt really heavy (though it doesn’t hurt my back without that pad on it)

KingJustin
12-09-2003, 05:38 PM
12/9/03
Ab Pulldowns: 193 x 10 x 3
BW Hanging Leg Lift Holds: 10 seconds, 10 seconds (First set was good, second sucked)
Dynamic Calf Work
(Immediately Following)
25 minute jog
My knees were hurting a little bit on the jog. I had hoped to get some of the soreness out of my legs, but I don’t think it worked. I think I’m getting slow, though the jog wasn’t tiring.

KingJustin
12-10-2003, 04:28 PM
12/10/03
Warm-up Workout sort of:
Bench: 45 x 6, 95 x 5, 115 x 4, 135 x 3
(4 Hours Later)
Bench: 45 x 6, 135 x 3, 155 x 3, 170 x 3, 185 x 3, 205 x 1, 215 x 1, 220 x 0 (I got it, but it was thanks to the spotter), 185 x 4
Seated DB Tricep Extensions: 55 x 8 x 6
Tricep Extensions: “9” x 12 (easy)
Front Raises: 35 x 10, 35 x 8
DB Bench: 50 x 10
After I got home I did some extreme stretches for my chest and triceps…
On the 220 I let it down too uncontrolled and ended up putting too high (towards my head). The spotter had to help me push it down, and I think he helped some of the way up. I was upset about missing the lift, though I’m thinking that the spotter last week helped me on 215 a little. I probably could have done a couple more reps on 185, but I didn’t have a spotter on that set and I didn’t want it to get stuck. It felt pretty easy, despite a short rest.
Tricep extensions all also felt pretty light, though it always feels weird not having my hands completely symmetrical..

My deltoid no longer hurts from the flu shot. My legs are also stil0l extremely sore, aside from my hamstrings.

KingJustin
12-11-2003, 06:59 PM
12/11/03
Speed Sit-ups: 50 x 15 x 2
Hanging Knee Raises: 10, 10 (Second set was more like hanging hip raises)
Internal Rotations: 22 x 15 x 2
External Rotations: 27 x 15 x 2
Tricep soreness, of course…a little bit of soreness still in my groin.

KingJustin
12-13-2003, 08:06 PM
12/13/03
Wrist Curls: 60 x 10 x 2
Reverse Wrist Curls: 50 x 10 x 2
1 Hour Lacrosse game a little later
About 2 hours later I did..
Side Laterals: 17.5 x 10, 15 x 10, 15 x 12 x 2 (The last set was with DBs, the other with just weights .. I didn’t like just weights)

KingJustin
12-14-2003, 06:47 PM
12/14/03
Military: 45 x 6, 55 x 6, 75 x 5, 90 x 3, 100 x 3, 110 x 2, 120 x 1, 95 x 6 (easy), 125 x 0
DE Bench: 135 x 8 x 3
Bench: 150 x 10, 195 x 1
4th Pin Press: 185 x 5 x 4
DB Low Incline Bench: 57 x 9, 63 x 4 (got 5 on right side by accident sort of)
Followed up with extreme chest/tricep stretches.
I thought I could have doubled 120, and then on 125 I was so damn close to get it. I just not a hair more speed and I would have got it, but instead I kind of sat at the sticky point for like 7 seconds pushing…almost like an isometric military.
On bench I had several nice sets, surprisingly one really good one with my closest grip…though some of the other sets could have been faster…overall better than last week. I could feel that speed work paying off the first 3 reps on 150 as well, too.
The DB Bench was pretty upsetting … I was already pretty tired.
(About 8 hours later)
BW Full-Incline: 20 Russian Twists, 60 sit-ups
BW Crunches: 25 (Drop set)
BW Calf Raises: 75
BW Hanging Hip Raises: 8 (could have been slightly higher)
The calf raises were not too tough, but I want to progress in reps and such.

donraja
12-14-2003, 07:16 PM
65 Hindu Squats

what are Hindu Squats?... im Hindu... lol sounds interesting

KingJustin
12-16-2003, 04:03 PM
I'm bad at explaining movements, but ...
A Body Weight Hindu Squat is where you kind of do an ATF squat with raised heels with your arms behind you. Then you explode up and swing your arms up and then go back down. It kind of imitates a body check a very little bit, and it's done pretty fast, so I figure maybe it will help my body checks a little on the field this season.
Check out http://www.mattfurey.com for more info.

12/15/03
Squats: 135 x 8, 135 x 6
45 deg leg press: 315 x 10 x 2
1 Power Clean, Hang Cleans: 125 x 5, 125 x 5
1 Power Clean, Push Press: 125 x 3
Hamstring Curls: “10” x 10, “10” x 9
Barbell Rows: 135 x 8 x 2, 135 x 7
Reverse Curls: 80 x 6, 80 x 5, 80 x 4 (failed on 5th)
DB Seated Curls: 35 x 7 (failed on 8th, 35 x 5 (failed on 6th)
Well, at least I can feel the squat in my hips and such (such including knees) as opposed to not feeling anything anywhere but in my lower back…the leg presses weren’t really hard.
I wasn’t dropping much at all on the hang cleans, though I suppose I’ll have to start soon when I pick up the weight.
On the push presses I had to push with my arms a good amount. I’ll try to fix that by next time.
Reverse curls were with a straight 45 lb bar for the first time.
(3 Hours Later)
25 really explosive Hindu squats trying to mimic a Lacrosse body check a little
Leg Extensions: 38 x 100
Neck Bridge for 20 seconds
I’m boxing a little bit every day, too.
A little bit of Calf soreness
Morning Weight: 195 (around 202.5 as a high for the night)

12/16/03
Abdominal Pulldowns: 198 x 10 x 3
Leg Lift Static Holds: 10 sec x 2 (pretty decent, though I’m not improving much on them .. not fast anyways)
Dynamic Calf Work
Lots of boxing

Deibiddo
12-16-2003, 04:09 PM
Boxing and you in a ring with someone doing this ?

KingJustin
12-17-2003, 10:16 AM
Yeah I should have been more clear on that ...
I'm not in any kind of organization for boxing or anything. I box with my friends for fun sometimes, but I don't list those because the matches aren't really tiring at all because one person usually wins pretty fast. When I say boxing I usually mean doing some kind of conditioning on the heavy bag... I've found that doing that has also helped me not get exhausted during Lacrosse when I use my upper body doing poke checks or body checks or the like.

KingJustin
12-17-2003, 08:39 PM
12/17/03
Bench: 45 x 6, 135 x 3, 155 x 3, 165 x 3, 175 x 3, 185 x 1, 205 x 1, 215 x 1 x 2, 220 x 0
Seated DB Tricep Extensions: 55 x 7 x 3, 55 x 6, 55 x 5 (failed on 6th), 55 x 6 (failed on 7th)
Tricep Pushdowns: “9” x 16
Front Raises: 35 x 10 x 2
DB Bench: 55 x 9
Tricep Dips: (16 lbs assisted) x 7
I had some extra time and I feel the middle of my chest was lacking and so I threw in dips, despite the fact that my triceps and chest were really exhausted.
Extreme stretching followed the routine ..
Groin still a little bit sore…
Not sure about the leg workout tommorow ... it might have to wait until Friday. I'll have to play it by ear I guess.

KingJustin
12-18-2003, 07:40 PM
12/18/03
Abdominal Machine Sit-ups: “10” x 15 x 3
BW Vertical Leg Raises: 11
Speed Sit-ups: 45 x 20 x 2 (at gym, so I didn’t have the 50 weight, and the incline wasn’t nearly as high as at home)
Oblique Machine Sit-ups: “6” x 10 x 2
Some ab wheel work (these weren’t as hard as I remembered them being haha)
Calf Extensions (+ BW): 275 x 6, 275 x 7 x 2
DB Side Laterals: 17.5 x 11 x 2, 17.5 x 10 (failed on 11th)
Internal Rotators: 25 x 10 x 2
External Rotators: 30 x 15 x 2

Deibiddo
12-18-2003, 09:18 PM
Good work..
Try a foot wheel, someday you remember them,, lol

KingJustin
12-19-2003, 09:05 PM
Haha I'll have to try it out...

12/19/03
Power Cleans: 135 x 3, 155 x 1 x about 15, 175 x 1 x 4, 180 x 0 x about 6
DB Seated Curls: 35 x 10, 35 x 9, 35 x 5 (failed on 6th), 35 x 6 (failed on 7th), 35 x 11 (after hypers and quad exercise)
45 degree sled designed for quads: 225 x 20 (easy)
BW Hypers: 35
Wide Grip Lat Pulldowns: 199 x 12 x 3 (short rests, done at home immediately after getting back from gym)
I was working on my form for cleans. I never really got it down, but by the time the 180s came up I was exhausted, and I think my legs needed more time to recover anyways.
(3.5 hours later)
Power Cleans: 125 x 6, 135 x 3, 165 x 1, 180 x 1 x 2 (2nd time I had pretty decent form)
Leg Extensions: 41 x 100
Some tricep soreness…

Also, I'm off school for like 16 days, which means I get 16 days of good sleep and more food!!
Morning Weight today: 196.5

Deibiddo
12-20-2003, 05:51 AM
Rest eat and a workout,,, What a life, right!

KingJustin
12-22-2003, 07:52 AM
12/20/03
Wrist Curls: 65 x 10 x 2
Reverse Wrist Curls: 55 x 10 x 2 (form could improve)
My sore throat is pissing me off pretty bad now. Slight bicep/hamstring soreness.

12/21/03
Bench: 155 x 10, 195 x 1
DE Military: 75 x 3 x 5
Military: 85 x 10, 110 x 1
4th Pin Press: 190 x 5 x 2, 190 x 4
DB Bench: 63 x 6, 63 x 7
I think I have a weak cold. It’s very annoying.

KingJustin
12-24-2003, 09:39 AM
12/22/03
Light squats ..
Hang Cleans: 130 x 5
Rows: 140 x 8 x 2
Reverse Curls: 80 x 7 x 2
Still not feeling well… nose is really congested and my head feels like it weighs 20 lbs.

12/23/03
Abdominal Pulldowns: 204 x 10 x 3
I’m feeling a little better than yesterday.

KingJustin
12-24-2003, 09:38 PM
12/24/03
Narrow Grip Bench: 25 x 6, 85 x 6, 95 x 6, 135 x 3, 155 x 3, 165 x 3, 180 x 1, 190 x 0, 190 x 1, 195 x 0 x 2
Seated DB Tricep Extensions: 63 x 7, 63 x 6 x 2 (very close to failure or hit failure on all 3 sets)
Tricep Pushdowns: 123 x 11, 123 x 10
Front Raises: 44 x 6 x 2
DB Bench: 63 x 5, 63 x 10
To get my bench grip on narrow grip I put my hands straight out in front of me and grabbed the bar, which ended up leaving my pinky on the rough stuff and everything else to the left of it. The weight was wobbling a little bit, but not uncontrollably. My 190 set that I hit was really strong and explosive, and I probably should have hit a 195. I think I just didn’t rest long enough or something.
After just those 3 sets of tricep extensions, thanks to the bench press, my triceps were beginning to burn (And it took me a reasonable amount of time to do all that benching so I wanted to hurry up).
Front raises hurt, as usual, but it’ll get better as I’m more accustomed to the weight I guess.
On the DB Bench it changed from really easy to pretty hard on the 6th rep, surprisingly enough. The first time I thought it felt like I wasn’t going to get it and decided to save some energy for my second set, when it turned out I got 10 and probably had a couple left.

KingJustin
12-29-2003, 07:57 PM
12/27/03
Wrist Curls: 70 x 10
Reverse Wrist Curls: 55 x 10

12/28/03
Military: 45 x 6, 89 x 4, 99 x 3, 110 x 1, 120 x 1, 125 x 1, 130 x 0 x 3
Bench: 170 x 9 (failed on 10th), 210 x 1
4th Pin Press: 190 x 5, 195 x 5, 195 x 4
DB Low Incline: 63 x 7 x 2
DE Bench was pretty good. The 130s were really close so I kept trying…
I meant to bench only 160 x 10 and was annoyed I didn’t get the last rep but I was pretty fatigued going in. Then, I realized that I had 170 on..

12/29/03
Squats: 135 x 6 x 3
Hang Cleans: 135 x 6, 135 x 4 x 2
Leg Press: 315 x 10 x 2
Hamstring Curls: “11” x 8 x 2
Reverse Curls: 85 x 3, 85 x 2, 75 x 5 (drop set) …
DB Seated Curls: 40 x 7, 40 x 5 (really had to squeeze out that fifth rep)
DB Side Raises: 17.5 x 10, 17.5 x 8
BB Rows: 145 x 8, 145 x 6

KingJustin
01-01-2004, 08:00 AM
12/31/03
Close Grip Bench: 25 x 6, 135 x 3 x 2, 155 x 3, 175 x 2, 190 x 0, 190 x 1, 195 x 1, 200 x 1
Seated DB Tricep Extensions: 63 x 7 x 4 (failed on 8th rep on 5th set)
Tricep Pushdowns: 132 x 9
Front Raises: 50 x 4, 50 x 3
DB Bench: 63 x 10
Legs are still sore.

KingJustin
01-02-2004, 07:35 AM
1/1/03
Sit-up Machine Crunches: “12” x 15 x 3
Sit-up Machine Side Bends: “7” x 10 x 3
Calf Extensions (Not counting BW): 295 x 6 x 3
Speed Sit-ups: 50 x 15 x 2 (Good speed)
Internal Rotations: 27.5 x 12 x 2
External Rotations: 35.5 x 15 x 2

KingJustin
01-04-2004, 10:56 AM
1/2/03
Power Cleans: A few light sets, and then I ended up pulling 185 up to my neck about 6 times and missing every time.
Curls: 40 x 7 x 2, 40 x 5 (failed on 6th), (later in the workout) 40 x 8 (failed on 9), 40 x 4 (failed on 5)
Hypers: 25 lbs x 20 reps
Quad Machine: 315 x 20
Lat Pulldowns: 221 x 12 x 2 (becoming difficult)

1/3/03
Wrist Curls: 70 x 10 x 2
Reverse Wrist Curls: 55 x 10 x 2

1/4/03
Military: 45 x 6, 67 x 6, 100 x 3, 110 x 1, 120 x 1, 125 x 1, 100 x 6, 130 x 1, 135 x 0
Bench: 170 x 10, 215 x 1
4th Pin Press: 200 x 5 x 2
DB Low Incline: 63 x 10 (failed on 11th)
130 went up pretty smooth on military press, though my lighter sets felt kind of heavy (aside from 100 x 6). 135 was done after only a minute rest, but I don’t think I would have hit it anyways. I’m trying a slightly wider grip than usual.
DE bench could have been better. The wide grips were pretty bad, though the close grips were about as good as last week, maybe better.
170 x 10 wasn’t easy, but I probably had a rep or two left in me. 215, on the other hand, went up insanely fast … as if it was a DE bench … and I was pretty fatigued going into it. It felt so light that I almost just threw on 225, but decided not to since I will have to bench Tuesday and not Wednesday because of work.

KingJustin
01-06-2004, 03:00 PM
1/5/03
Leg Press: 405 x 10 x 2
Hamstring Curls: “12” x 8 x 2
Curls: 42.5 x 8, 42.5 x 6 (failed on 7th)
Hang Cleans: 140 x 3 x 2
Rows: 150 x 7, 150 x 6
Reverse Curls: 90 x 4, 90 x 2 x 2
I thought I was doing 85 on the reverse curls until after the first set. I wish I hadn’t found out as I think the other two sets would be much easier.

1/6/03
Close Grip Bench: 90 x 6 x 2, 135 x 3, 155 x 3, 165 x 3, 175 x 1, 190 x 1, 195 x 1, 200 x 1 x 2
Seated DB Tricep Extensions: 63 x 8 x 2
Tricep Pushdowns: 136 x 10
DB Bench: 63 x 11
Slight soreness in the legs.
The narrow grip benches kind of sucked. My right wrist has been hurting a lot (especially during heavy militaries) and makes it really hard to bench correctly with good form. On all of my benches I was forced to go down slow and up also very slow, which meant no speed/momentum. I kept letting my ROM get messed up and I kept moving the weights backwards (towards my head) very quickly, and then pressing up more…
For the rest of the stuff, I didn’t feel like going to heavy as I’m still not 100%, thanks to Sunday’s workout and I’ll be doing my very last DE workout sometime around Friday, when I plan to hit an easy PR on bench.

KingJustin
01-11-2004, 04:11 PM
1/11/03
Bench: 172.5 x 8 x 3
Incline Bench: 120 x 8 x 3
Bench: 115 x 12 x 2
Incline Bench: 78 x 12 x 2
My knees were hurting too much to do leg presses. I did my bench work at home without a spotter, so I made sure to get plenty of rest and make sure I could hit my lifts. A good warm-up, active recovery in between sets, etc, made most of these lifts sub-maximal. I felt like I could have done a rep or two more on just about every set.
A lot of my muscles hurt a bit… Lower back, lats (somehow), shoulders, and knees are not doing well ..

KingJustin
01-11-2004, 04:11 PM
1/8/03
Curls: About 41 x 8 x 4
Lat Pulldowns: 224 x 12

1/9/03
(Morning)
I worked up to a 155 x 1 on incline, which was relatively easy (I was trying to estimate where my max was to start this Russian Bench routine.
(Later)
Bench Press: 165 x 8 x 3
Incline Bench Press: 115 x 8 x 3
Power Cleans: 135 x 5 x 3
Leg Press: 415 x 5, 425 x 4, 435 x 3
My first set on bench felt pretty easy. After that the next 2 were pretty hard. I need to do active recovery between sets or something instead of just sitting around for 3-4 minutes. The incline bench was pretty hard because I was already fatigued and the bench has a stupid set up and all.
Power cleans were very easy and done pretty damn fast. Leg presses were right about the right weight. I’ll just keep on adding weight each session.

1/10/03
Seated DB Curls: About 45 x 8 x 2, 45 x 6 (Failed on 7th)
I’m going to try working my biceps 3x a week and seeing if that helps me keep progressing or not.
I played a Lacrosse game at night, about 4 hours after this curl “workout”.

1/11/03
Bench: 172.5 x 8 x 3
Incline Bench: 120 x 8 x 3
Bench: 115 x 12 x 2
Incline Bench: 78 x 12 x 2
My knees were hurting too much to do leg presses. I did my bench work at home without a spotter, so I made sure to get plenty of rest and make sure I could hit my lifts. A good warm-up, active recovery in between sets, etc, made most of these lifts sub-maximal. I felt like I could have done a rep or two more on just about every set.
A lot of my muscles hurt a bit… Lower back, lats (somehow), shoulders, and knees are not doing well ..

KingJustin
01-12-2004, 06:49 PM
1/12/03
BB Rows: 160 x 4 x 3, 160 x 4, (drop set, though it took about 20 seconds to take off the weight as I had just thought to do it after I finished that set) 135 x 6
Not very long rests …
Next week I will be off of work during the week and I will be able to add another exercise to these “off” days, in between benching sessions.

KingJustin
01-15-2004, 08:03 PM
1/13/03
Bench: 180 x 8, 180 x 8, 180 x 7 (failed on 8th rep, as did the spotter)
Incline Bench: 125 x 8 x 3
Power Cleans: 145 x 5 x 3

1/14/03
Seated DB Curls: 47.5 x 5 x 2, 47.5 x 3, (after abs) 47.5 x 4
Ab Machine Crunches: “13” x 15 x 2 (this was hard)

KingJustin
01-16-2004, 07:25 PM
1/16/03
Bench: 170 x 6 x 4
Incline: 125 x 6 x 4
Power Cleans: 145 x 5 x 3
Leg Press: 425 x 5, 435 x 4, 445 x 3
The power cleans felt awesome. I think my form must have improved a ton or something. The weight felt like nothing.
Bench and incline were all right. I was at the gym, and I hate their bench, but I was feeling good enough to go with 2-3 minute rests and no spotters.
Leg press felt all right, with my knees seeming like the weak point.

KingJustin
01-17-2004, 09:12 PM
1/17/03
Morning
DB Curls: 47.5 x 5 x 2, 47.5 x 4, 47.5 x 3 (drop set) 35 x 3, (after a set of crunches) 47.5 x 4
Machine Crunches: “14” x 15 x 2
I can only go up one more time on the machine crunches and then I’m forced to do nothing but increase the reps (or change to a different machine). I’ll probably work up to 25 reps or so and then change to abdominal pulldowns again. The crunches were pretty easy.
(3 hours later)
One and a half hour lacrosse practice … I got a little tired at times.
(3 hours later)
1 hour lacrosse game (though I didn’t play the whole time). Good amount of intensity… I got tired a bit there as well.
My knees aren’t doing great.

KingJustin
01-18-2004, 02:39 PM
1/18/03
Bench: 170 x 6 x 2 (mistake. doh!), 180 x 6 x 3
Incline Bench: 125 x 6 x 4
Power Cleans: 155 x 1, 155 x 5 x 3, 155 x 1 (practiced form)
Everything felt good. One hell of a workout. Power clean form is getting very good. My last single was just to focus on pushing my hips forward. It definitely made a big difference. The only thing holding me back much right now is my knees.

KingJustin
01-20-2004, 06:57 AM
1/19/03
BB Rows: 165 x 1, 165 x 4 x 3, (drop set) 135 x 7
Curls: 50 x 3 x 2, (drop set) 25 x 12
My biceps were pretty fatigued from all those rows.

KingJustin
01-20-2004, 06:35 PM
1/20/04
Bench: 190 x 6, 190 x 5 (spotter assisted 6th), 190 x 5, 190 x 4
Incline Bench: 135 x 5 x 3
Power Cleans: 160 x 5 x 3
I wasn’t really feeling it on the cleans or the benches. I wasn’t feeling especially bad, just not great or anything.
Don't know how, but there was a very slight soreness in my biceps.

KingJustin
01-21-2004, 04:15 PM
1/21/04
It was pretty cold outside but I decided to run anyways. I started with a 5 minute warm-up jog and then stretched.
Then I started my timer and kept it running.
I did
8 100m – 120m sprints (wasn’t on a track so I don’t know how far exactly)
2 100m – 120m backwards jogs
2 50m cariocas
I was walking the entire time I was not running.
Then I ran for about 8 minutes to total 25 minutes of walk/jog/run/sprinting (not including warm-up).
Then I walked another 5 minutes to total 30 minutes.
There was some soreness in my legs (especially hips) initially and a little soreness in my shoulders.

KingJustin
01-22-2004, 07:00 PM
1/22/04
BB Rows: 170 x 3 x 3, (drop set) 135 x 7 (pretty easy)
DB Curls: 45 x 8, 45 x 6 (failed on 7), 45 x 7 (failed on 8)
My legs are very sore, all the way down.

KingJustin
01-23-2004, 07:03 PM
1/23/04
Bench: 160 x 5, 175 x 4, 185 x 3, 195 x 2, 205 x 1
Incline Bench: 110 x 5, 120 x 4, 135 x 3, 140 x 2, 150 x 1
Power Cleans: 160 x 5, 165 x 4, 170 x 3, 185 x 2
Leg Press: 435 x 5, 445 x 4, 455 x 3
Bench could have felt better, but then again I was at the gym. The bench there is about 3cm wide and slick, and the floor is slick, too. It’s really hard to get an arch and all. The weights still fell with the shortest rests yet, so I guess it’s all right.
Incline actually felt very, very easy today, with rests of no longer than about a minute and a half.
Power cleans felt decent. The 185s felt strong and I pulled the weight up pretty high. The 160 x 5 set was probably the hardest.
Leg press was easy on everything but my knees and lower back, as I was going down really far.
My legs remain very sore from running. Somehow, though, it didn’t seem to interfere with leg presses and power cleans very much.

KingJustin
01-24-2004, 10:37 AM
1/24/04
Morning Weight: 200lbs (and it’s been there for the past few days, though I’ve been eating an awful lot)
Seated DB Curls: 50 x 3 x 4, (after crunches) 50 x 3 (failed on 4th, BARELY), 27.5 x 10
Machine Crunches: “15” x 3 (warm-up), “15” x 9, “15” x 8
I was hoping to hit “15” x 15 on the crunch machine. Damn.
I’m STILL sore in my hamstrings, and now have some groin soreness.

KingJustin
01-28-2004, 04:04 PM
1/26/03
Seated DB Curls: 45 x 9 (failed on 10th), 45 x 7, 45 x 8

1/27/03
Bench: 180 x 5, 190 x 4, 200 x 3, 215 x 2, 230 x 1
Incline: 125 x 5, 135 x 4, 140 x 3, 150 x 2, 160 x 1
Power Cleans: 165 x 5, 170 x 4, 180 x 2 (missed third one), 190 x 2
I was feeling a little bit tight today. My muscles have a kind of deep soreness from the heavy sets, though its not the same kind as when I do like 5 sets of 10 to failure or anything.
Incline felt kind of easy, but it kind of hurts my shoulders in what I think was a bad way.
Power cleans were feeling pretty good. I should have easily hit 180 x 3, but I lost concentration a little bit.
Towards the middle/end of the day I started getting a bit of a sore throat, exactly like a few weeks ago.

KingJustin
01-30-2004, 07:23 PM
1/28/03
Sore throat remains, though it’s not terrible. My head kind of hurts even though I’m not really congested.
There’s still a deep soreness in my triceps, and maybe a slight deep soreness in my chest/shoulders.

1/29/03
Exactly the same as last month’s. My throat is still pretty sore and my head (towards the very top) hurts even though I’m hardly congested at all. I keep getting kind of cold. I’ve been pumping a lot of vitamin C and stuff all day, but I don’t know if it’s helping.

1/30/03
Bench: 165 x 5, 180 x 4, 190 x 3, 200 x 2, 210 x 1
Incline Bench: 115 x 5, 125 x 4, 135 x 3, 140 x 2, 151 x 1
Power Cleans: 135 x 5, 145 x 4, 155 x 3, 175 x 2, 185 x 1
Everything was done on very short rests. All the sets were pretty easy. I didn’t push too hard on the cleans or bench because I’m still not feeling great.
I still have a bit of a sore throat, but it’s getting better. I’m kind of losing my voice and it sort of hurts a little when I talk or breathe in.

KingJustin
02-04-2004, 06:17 PM
1/31/04
BB Rows: 135 x 10, 175 x 1 x 2
DB Curls: 45 x 6
All the sets were very easy. I didn’t want to push too hard because I feel like ****. Sore throat got worse, I’m congested and my head hurts. Talking and coughing hurts a lot. It sucks.

2/1/04
Still feeling kind of ****ty, getting a little bit better.

2/2/04
Power Cleans: 135 x 5, 155 x 4, 175 x 3, 186 x 2, 197 x 1
Bench: 180 x 5, 190 x 4, 200 x 3, 210 x 2, 230 x 0, 225 x 0
Incline Bench: 125 x 5, 135 x 4, 145 x 3, 150 x 2, 160 x 1
****. I felt a little bit better but not fully recovered yet. I was getting kind of tired after each set of power cleans. I’m still congested a little and my throat is a little bit sore.

2/3/04
I still feel a little bit congested and I keep coughing but that’s about it. I’m doing a good bit better I’d say, although I didn’t get much sleep last night (maybe 6 hours of actual sleep). I tried making up for it by sleeping a little bit all day and then for 2 and a half hours after I got home.

2/4/04
Bench: 45 x 6, 95 x 6, 155 x 3, 190 x 1 x 2, 190 x 5, 200 x 4, 210 x 3, 220 x 1 (failed 2, barely), 230 x 0 (barely missed it), 225 x 0
Incline Bench: 45 x 6, 130 x 5, 140 x 4, 150 x 3, 155 x 2, 165 x 1
Power Cleans: 135 x 5, 170 x 5, 181 x 3, 193 x 2, 204 x 1, 209 x 0 (barely missed it)
Inclines all felt easy. I was very upset about missing on bench. The 225 x 0 shouldn’t have happened, but I just didn’t rest long enough.
I’m still a little congested with a cough, but I’m feeling better.

KingJustin
02-10-2004, 07:50 PM
2/5/04
Seated DB Curls: 45 x 9 (failed on 10th), 50 x 2 x 2, (later) 47.5 x 5 (failed on 6th), 37.5 x 12
Ab Machine Crunches: “15” x 12, “15” x 9

2/6/03
I did boxing “sprints” on the heavy bag. Here were the “sets”:
(30 sec sprint, 1 min rest) x 4 (immediately followed by):
(20 sec sprint, 40 sec rest) x 4 (immediately followed by):
(10 sec sprint, 20 sec rest) x 4
…That was hard as hell. I practiced a little bit without the bag and hit the speed bag some also.

2/7/03
All my muscles in my upper body (pretty much) hurt from boxing.

2/8/03
DB Curls: 45 x 8 x 3
Boxer’s muscles, lats and delts are all still pretty sore.

2/9/03
I ran/walk/jogged for a total of 33 continuous minutes. I warmed up, stretched, jogged for a couple of minutes, and then ran about 450m (it took about 1:30, though I think I’ve done the same distance in around 1:15) without changing pace the whole way through. Then I did jog/speed walks for a couple of minutes to catch my breathe a little bit, and then went again. Another set of jog/speed walk and then I did another 450m run and then I speed walked until 20 minutes. After that I jogged for the next 13 minutes, and covered about 1.7 miles or so. It was pretty cold so fat burning should have been decent.
I was sore in my boxer’s muscle and a little bit still in my shoulders.

-----------------NEW WORKOUT-----------------
Monday:
Reverse Curls

Tuesday:
ME Cleans
Shrugs
High Rep Good Mornings

Wednesday:
Decline Bench
Weighted Dips
Low Set, High Rep Tricep Pushdowns
Abdominal Machine Crunches (no wave-loading)

Thursday:
High Volume Wide Grip Pull-ups
High Volume Preacher Curls
High Rep Internal/External Rotator Cuff Exercises on Pulley

Saturday:
Wide Stance Leg Press
DE Cleans
Fairly High Rep, Light Front Squats
Pull-throughs
100 rep Leg Extensions (1 set)

Sunday:
ME Bench
Fairly Wide Grip Incline Bench
Cable Rows
High Volume JM Presses
Low Set, High Rep Tricep Pushdowns

I am going to be very, very strict on form the whole way through and I will also be occasionally doing some drop sets.
I will be usually doing 3 sets on most exercises. Low sets will be a couple less sets; high volume will be a couple more sets.
On ME Cleans I will do about 2-4 progressively heavier sets of 2-6 and then I will do some heavy singles using as much weight as I can lift without making errors in form. If the first single is overly easy, then I will drop a few pounds and start working back up to it, and then do a few singles with the new weight.
The DE Cleans will be done as fast as possible at 70% of my ME Clean max earlier that week. I will be doing around 6 sets of 3.
On every third week I will change my ME Cleans to Hang Clean and Presses and my DE Cleans to high pulls.
ME Bench movements will be switched once every one to three weeks, though the movements will work on weak points of the bench.
All of the lifts that don’t say otherwise will be wave-loaded after the initial week and a half. That is, I will stay in the same rep range of about 4-9 for three weeks. The third week will feature the heaviest weight (generally will be taken to failure) and the first week will feature the lightest weight with the same reps used each week. After the third week I will add weight and start over.
The first and second week of each wave I’ll do short rests between sets and other work like that to get a burn. All three weeks, after warm-ups, I’ll try to use the same weight and reps for each set.
The initial week and a half of this routine will be done with high reps for most of the exercises.
Also, Lacrosse practice will begin on 2/17/04. This will mean I will be working out M-Th before practice, eating for about an hour and forty-five minutes, and then going to practice.
---------------------------------------------------------

2/10/04
Cleans: 117 x 6, 135 x 3, 167 x 3, 185 x 1 x 4
Shrugs: 135 x 15 x 3
Good Mornings: 45 x 25 x 3
Cleans felt a little bit hard today, probably from running yesterday.
I might need to work on my clean form a little bit. I’ll pull the weight up, but when I drop I kind of move forward and I don’t sit back at all. I guess if I dropped really far I would end up falling forward, which is probably keeping me from putting up a lot of weight. I’ll try to practice on my DE Cleans.
Good Mornings were overly-light, though my flexibility could improve a little bit. I don’t know how hard it hit anything, and I might switch to seated good mornings fairly early.
Quads are a little bit sore.

KingJustin
02-11-2004, 04:01 PM
2/11/04
Wide Grip Bench: 135 x 12 x 2
Decline Bench: 135 x 12 x 3
Dips: -28 x 7, -34 x 10, -34 x 9
Tricep Pushdowns: “8” x 15
Ab Machine Crunches: “15” x 13 (very hard)
My triceps were pretty dead by the time I got to dips. I’ll be taking out wide grip bench for now on.
My hamstrings are pretty sore today.

KingJustin
02-12-2004, 03:38 PM
2/12/04
Wide Grip Chins: -28 x 10, -28 x 9, (after preacher curls) -40 x 11
Preacher Curls: 50 x 12 x 4
Internal Rotation: 25 x 15 x 2
External Rotation: 30 x 15 x 2
Well … haha. These starting numbers are so pathetic, though I suspect they’ll go up very fast.

KingJustin
02-13-2004, 08:22 PM
2/13/04
I boxed HIIT style, though for not as many “sprints” as last time as to avoid becoming too sore the next couple of days. I did a 1 on, 3 off, though I was hitting very hard and very fast.
30s
30s
20s
20s
10s
10s
(a little recovery biking)
Then I put on normal gloves instead of bag gloves and practiced a little bit in the mirror.
The sessions were all pretty tiring, though this has got to be the hardest I’ve ever hit the bag.
Soreness: Hamstrings, Triceps, Biceps, Brachialis, Lats, Chest

KingJustin
02-14-2004, 08:40 PM
2/14/04
At around noon I had a really intense lacrosse practice for about an hour. I was feeling pretty smooth for me, though towards the end I was getting tired because of how intense we were playing.
(3 hours later)
DE Cleans: 135 x 3 x 6
Snatch Grip Deadlifts: 135 x 12 x 3
Front Squats: 45 x 12 x 2
Pull-throughs: 94 x 12, 114 x 12, 136 x 12
Leg Extensions: 35 x 100
I finished up in around 40 minutes.
DE Cleans were flying up really easy, it didn’t really feel like they were weighted.
The deadlifts were only really taxing for my grip and my lower back. My lower back will definitely be sore from them tomorrow, but it will be a good soreness. I am happy that I added these into my workout as they’re exactly what I’ve been needing to do for my lower back problems.
Front squats were maybe a little bit too easy, but I don’t want to go up too fast and mess up my form or anything. I’m going down until my knees start getting in the way of my elbows, which is pretty deep.
I didn’t really feel much from the pull-throughs until maybe the last set, but still not all that much. I might need to add some weight next time.
Leg extensions were the hardest exercise. After everything else needing to extend my legs 100 times was very hard.
Soreness: A little in my hamstrings, still a lot in my biceps/brachialis, and a little in my lats. My triceps might be sore but I can’t really tell because of how much my biceps ache.

KingJustin
02-15-2004, 08:57 PM
2/15/04
Close-Grip Bench: 45 x 6, 95 x 6, 135 x 3, 155 x 3, 170 x 3, 185 x 3, 200 x 1, 220 x 1, 225 x 1, 185 x 5
Incline Bench: 95 x 12, 105 x 12, 110 x 10
JM Presses: 38 x 12, 45 x 12 x 2
Tricep Pushdowns: 100 x 15
Close grips were feeling great. My pinky and ring finger were on the rough stuff, the others on the not so rough stuff. I was pretty apprehensive going into 220, but that and 225 both went up without too much of a problem.
The sets on incline bench (as well as bench) were done on pretty short rest. I probably could have done a couple reps on the last set, but I don’t think it would have helped me.
JM Presses feel kind of awkward, though my triceps were really burning.
Tricep pushdowns were surprisingly, upsettingly, somewhat hard.
Soreness: Brachialis, Hamstrings, Groin/VMO, Abs/Obliques .. some tightness in my back/shoulders/triceps, though I wouldn’t consider it soreness really.

KingJustin
02-16-2004, 04:11 PM
2/16/04
Reverse Curls: 45 x 12, 60 x 12, 65 x 12, 70 x 12
Cable Rows: 94 x 12, 127 x 12, 149 x 12, 171 x 12, 193 x 12
Internal Rotation: 27.5 x 15 x 2
External Rotation: 33 x 15 x 2
Everything was fairly easy, aside from a slight form problem on internal rotations, which means I’ll be repeating that weight the next week or two. I think I could have probably thrown on about 20 more pounds on cable rows..
Soreness: Triceps, VMO/Groin, just a little in the Hamstrings

KingJustin
02-17-2004, 07:44 PM
2/17/04
Cleans: 70 x 6 x 2, 135 x 6, 165 x 4, 180 x 1, 190 x 1 x 4
Shrugs: 135 x 20, 135 x 18
Good Mornings: 50 x 25 x 2
Soreness: Some in my triceps and VMO

KingJustin
02-19-2004, 06:30 PM
2/19/04
Pull-Ups: -28 x 10, -28 x 7
Preacher Curls: 50 x 15 x 3
(Just under 3 hours later)
I started off running 100m’s. I did 2 at ¾ speed and then 2 at 9/10 speed, but then followed it up with 6 full sprints. After that I did 2 400m runs, which were a decent amount slower than yesterday – I finished around 1:32. All this was with sticks and gloves on, though.
I was feeling a little bit dehydrated.
Soreness: Quads, Hamstrings, Groin, Calves, Obliques (not really abs for some reason)

KingJustin
02-22-2004, 05:02 PM
2/22/04
Close Grip Bench: 45 x 6, 135 x 6, 155 x 3, 185 x 3, 205 x 1, 225 x 1, 230 x 0, (short rest) 135 x 15 (I had a couple left)
Incline: 105 x 3, 105 x 15, 105 x 12
JM Presses: 45 x 15, 45 x 12
Tricep Pushdowns: 105 x 15
I played ultimate frisbee for about an hour about an hour and a half before I worked out. That resulted in me being tired throughout the whole workout. I didn’t get a great rest and 230 was just too much.
Soreness: Hamstrings, Quads, Groin

KingJustin
02-26-2004, 08:22 PM
2/23/04
Reverse Curls: 70 x 8 x 3
Cable Rows: 204 x 10 x 3
External Rotation: 33 x 15 x 2
Morning Weight: 205 (maybe slightly more)
Slight soreness in hamstrings, not much else.
I ran 3 gassers. Not too hard, slightly less rest than a 1 on 2 off, though.

2/24/04
Hang Clean & Push Press: 135 x 3 x 3
Shrugs: 135 x 10 x 3
Good Mornings: 55 x 12 x 2
We ran 8 40m sprints with about 1 on, 1.5 off.

2/25/04
Dips: -28 x 8 x 3
Decline Bench: 140 x 10 x 3
Seated Crunches: “15” x 16 x 2
Tricep Pushdowns: “9” x 15
We did 80m of “leap frogs”, then followed it up with 3 full gassers and 2 sets of 4 40m runs with short rests. I’m doing a good bit better than I did last week, though.

I think that before now I thought Pull-ups were palms facing towards you and chin-ups the opposite. I now found out that it’s the other way around. I’ve been doing chin-ups the past few weeks (hands facing away).

2/26/04
Wide Grip Pull-ups: -24 x 8 x 2, -28 x 8
Preacher Curls: 60 x 8 x 3
These were both harder than they were supposed to be.
No practice today (snow).
The past few days I haven’t been very sore but I’ve been having some problems from all the hard running. My right knee started as the first problem. It wasn’t overly-serious but it was becoming pretty annoying and it hurt when I put to much stress on it. I guess I overcompensated by putting a lot of stress on my left leg and my left shin has been having some problems. I’ve tried icing it a little bit but it hasn’t helped much. Yesterday during practice I went to get a ground ball and when I got back up it kind of felt like I dislocated my left hip flexor or something. I was having a hard time getting a full ROM with it but I kept practicing. I think it improved since then and today it’s a little better but not fully healed.

KingJustin
02-29-2004, 07:42 PM
2/27/04
DE Power Cleans: 135 x 3 x 6, 171 x 1
Snatch Grip Deadlifts: 135 x 8 x 3
Pull-throughs: 136 x 8 x 3
Front Squats: 50 x 10 x 2
Leg Extensions: 37.5 x 100
Everything is feeling better today.
(No lacrosse … snow)

2/29/04
Close-grip bench: 45 x 6, 115 x 6, 155 x 3, 185 x 3, 205 x 1, 225 x 0 x 2
Incline: 115 x 8 x 3
JM Presses: 50 x 8 x 4
Tricep Pushdowns: 110 x 15
I wasn’t really tired but I just wasn’t feeling pumped up. I don’t know why. I’m upset about missing those 225s. Next week is flat bench for one or two weeks and then board presses.

KingJustin
03-07-2004, 04:43 PM
3/1/04
Reverse Curls: 75 x 8 x 3
Cable Rows: 217 x 10 x 3
External Rotation: 35.5 x 15 x 2
Morning Weight: 206.5+
I’m still just feeling a little bit out of it. I’m not sure why. Everything done today was pretty easy except for internal rotations for my right arm. It’s been hurting a little bit, probably because of decline/cleans/incline.
In practice we ran a set of 4 40ms 1 on, 2 off, took a minute break, did 3 40ms, then another break and did 2 40m runs.

KingJustin
03-07-2004, 04:44 PM
3/2/04
Power Cleans: 135 x 4, 155 x 3, 175 x 1, 190 x 1, 190 x 0 x a lot
Shrugs: 145 x 10 x 2
Good Mornings: 65 x 12 x 2
I’m pissed off about missing those cleans, but they were really hard. I’m just not pulling very smoothly at all.
Short, though hot practice in the gym (rain). Not too much running or anything. My left shin/calf have been hurting for awhile.

3/3/04
Decline Bench: 150 x 8 x 3
Seated Crunches: “15” x 11, “15” x 10
Dips: -24 x 8 x 3
Tricep Pushdowns: 110 x 15
Dips were easy, crunches were hard, decline bench was easy, pushdowns were not too bad.
I messed up diet-wise because of a long road game and ended up not eating anything for 8 straight hours after not eating much prior to that.

KingJustin
3/4/04
Wide Grip Pull-ups: -24 x 8 x 3
Preacher Curls: 70 x 8, 60 x 8 x 2
I hate pull-ups.

KingJustin
3/6/04
I didn’t get a chance to get much sleep last night (I got about 7 hours of sleep), though somehow I didn’t feel the least bit tired.
Power Cleans: 135 x 3 x 6, 175 x 1, 135 x 10
Snatch Grip Deadlifts: 155 x 8 x 3
Front Squats: 65 x 10 x 3
Pull-throughs: 148 x 8 x 3
Leg Extensions: 40 x 100
I felt pretty good …

3/7/04
I stayed up pretty late again last night and didn’t sleep very well (though I did stay in bed for about 9 hours) but again I wasn’t tired at all.
Bench: 45 x 6, 135 x 3, 135 x 5, 155 x 3, 185 x 3, 205 x 1, 225 x 1, 235 x 1
Incline: 115 x 8, 120 x 8 x 2
JM Presses: 55 x 8 x 4 (last sets were getting difficult)
Tricep Pushdowns: 115 x 15
My right rotator was hurting pretty bad. Bench felt kind of hard on the light weights for some reason, but I did feel I could have done over 235, however the spotter may have assisted (he said he didn’t, but he may have been holding underneath the bar).

KingJustin
03-14-2004, 05:24 PM
3/8/04
Reverse Curls: 80 x 8 x 3
Cable Rows: 215 x 10 x 3 (Doh, didn’t realize I did 217 last week, this was easy)
Also:
4 half-gassers at the end of practice (2 rest, 1 sprint except for the last 2 were back to back). Not too hard.
Morning Weight: 205 (surprisingly … I thought I lost weight)

3/9/04
Power Cleans: 135 x 3, 135 x 5, 155 x 1, 185 x 1 x 2 (not easy … damnit)
Shrugs: 155 x 10 x 3
Good Mornings: 70 x 12 x 2
Shrugs were easy ..
Practice was in the cold and (freezing) rain, granted it wasn’t too hard. Unfortunately, I started getting a sore throat afterwards.

3/10/04
Decline Bench: 155 x 8 x 3
Dips: -22 x 8 x 3
Seated Crunches: “15” x 4 (drop set) “12” x 11, “15” x 4 (drop set) “12” x 11
Everything was pretty easy besides the crunches. I did short rests and still had no problem.
My sore throat got worse.

3/11/04
Sore throat continued to get worse (getting a bit of a cold). Damnit.
Practice was (fortunately) easy. I wasn’t going to work out but I decided to after practice at the school. Because of some lack of equipment I couldn’t do my assisted pull-ups, so I just did bodyweight for a set.
Preacher Curls: 75 x 8 x 3
Pull-ups: BW x 8
I don’t think I used quite as wide of a grip as usual on my pull-ups.

3/14/04
Bench: 45 x 6
135 x 6
155 x 3
185 x 3
(Added 2 Boards)
185 x 3
205 x 3
220 x 1
230 x 1
235 x 1
185 x 6
Incline: 115 x 8
JM Presses: 55 x 8 x 3
Tricep Pushdowns: 116 x 15
On bench I moved my ass off the bench a little a couple times, so I guess the 235 doesn’t really count. It took about an hour to get up, though.
I’ve been messing up on some of the little things, too. My form on bench was bad, I haven’t been eating well and I could definitely get more sleep, stretch better, get more water, etc. I’ll have to work on this the next week. I’m feeling a good bit better today, but not 100% just yet.