PDA

View Full Version : Going and a hardcore diet/lifting routine for the next few months

Mercuryblade
10-22-2003, 07:21 PM
Im gonna start the wbb1 routine number next week, I've been lifting for awhile now, doing the regular 3 set per lift deal, anyways, I've been seeing results, but not as fast as I'd like, so I want to bunker down and improve my eating drastically along with the new lifting program. Anyways I'm 18 years old, and in highschool, I'd like some tips one what foods to eat what to avoid.

Mercuryblade
10-22-2003, 07:23 PM
ok the title should be on not and

Jasonl
10-22-2003, 08:54 PM
bradley usually has everyhing you need to know already saved and ready to post up, but for now, i suggest you drink a least 1 gallon of water a day, 1gram of protien per/lb of body weight per day, 25% of daily calories should come from healthy fats(salmon, natty pb, flax seeds, olive oil etc..), count your cals on a site such as www.fitday.com, 1lb per week is usually a good amount of weight to be gaining on a bulk, eat plenty of fruits and veggies, and eat low GI carbs except post workout. if i left anything out(which i'm sure i did) please correct me. good luck, and have fun.

as0l0
10-22-2003, 11:45 PM
Originally posted by Jasonl
eat plenty of fruits and veggies
he should eat lots of bananas and avacado's then ?

Mercuryblade
10-22-2003, 11:56 PM
www.fitday.com doesn't seem to be working. what kinds of foods have low GI carbs in them?

Spartacus
10-23-2003, 12:37 AM
Originally posted by as0l0

he should eat lots of bananas and avacado's then ?

nothing wrong with those foods

what kinds of foods have low GI carbs in them?

most importantly fruits and veggies and whole grains. some are lower than others, for instance oats and apples as compared to rice and bananas. just avoid stuff like white bread and french fries. bean are especially low gi.

bradley
10-23-2003, 02:50 AM
JasonL pretty much has it covered, but this thread might help.:)

http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=38654