PDA

View Full Version : Tea?Anyone?

Vvitto
09-08-2001, 10:40 AM
Anyone using tea as part of his diet?

I know for a fact that drinking tea is healthy but some would say that shouldnt be part of ones diet!

I would like to hear pros and cons as I intended to use tea( used to drink every day when I was in high school).

Thanks for sharing
V

Jane
09-08-2001, 02:03 PM
I love tea!!! I drink 10 cups a day, minimum. It is all decaffinated, however, and no sugar or sugar substitute. I am not sure how tea can be good for you, but I've heard of some green teas containing antioxidants. The thing I'm concerned about is caffiene, which does little good for the body. It flushes water out of your system, possibly causing you to be dehydrated (metabolism and muscle repair are slowed when the body does not have enough water) and even to overeat, since people sometimes mistake thirst for hunger. Water is still the absolute best drink for your body, but I love to drink tea as well, since water can get boring.

And there is nothing like a cup of hot tea on a cold morning or evening...:)

Vvitto
09-08-2001, 02:13 PM
Hi Jane,
10 cups??

Isnt that too much?

Do you drink your tea with no sugar at ll?

Jane
09-08-2001, 07:14 PM
Yes it is probably too much. Maybe I'm exxagerating a tad. But it does get pretty close to ten in the cold cold winter. I'm working on cutting down.

Yup, no sugar at all. I used to drink it with tons of sugar. Then I moved to sweetening with honey, which seemed like a more "natural" sweetner. Then I gradually weaned myself off of honey and now I have no problem with unsweetned tea. The key is to get a decaf blend like Lipton, and not brew it until it is very dark. I gradually got used to having lighter and lighter tea. Then it just takes time to get used to the taste. :)

flake
09-08-2001, 08:49 PM
phhtt, here in merry ol' england we all drink at least 10 cups, an hour! Along with eating crumpets obviously. :)

j/k

I don't think theirs anything wrong in drinking tea, just don't load up on sugar like I do :)

Joe Black
09-09-2001, 01:26 AM
hmm I must get close up to 10..

Its worse now I work at home... lol.. Its an excuse to take a break from sitting at the computer..

From Monday though as I am dieting I am gonna try and alternate normal/green tea :)

Wizard
09-09-2001, 02:08 AM
Tea=ace
Especially green tea.

I recently found a study which proves that tea helps whiten the teeth as it kills the microbacterias in the mouth.(the individuals were drinking 8-10 cups of tea per day.)

I knew that the UKers used to drink some tea,but I didn't believe that they drink that much!

Joe Black
09-09-2001, 03:34 AM
lol arenlt you coming to the england soon?

Get used to it :)

Wizard
09-09-2001, 03:44 AM
Yeah,I'm gonna be a teaholic!
:alcoholic

Jane
09-09-2001, 08:29 AM
Little known fact for all you people: russians are just as big on tea as the UKers. It is an absolute requirement at every meal, especially breakfast and with dessert or AS dessert, and between meals. It is pretty much synonimous with the english word 'snack'.

No we are not all vodka drinking, parka wearing, bald headed enemies of america. :)

body
09-09-2001, 09:51 AM
I am in the Uk and I hate tea.
there are studies out there that recommend green tea due to its antioxidant properties are good for health. as for normal tea i do not know if it carries the same properties.

breeze
09-10-2001, 09:03 AM
Instead of drinking tea. I use the green tea supplement in tablet form.

hemants
09-10-2001, 12:42 PM
Not sure about green tea but regular tea is a duiretic so too much will drain your system of water.

As long as you keep hydrated I see no probs with it :)

Jane
09-11-2001, 01:17 PM
hemants--i thought that the diuretic thing could be solved by having decaffinated tea, since isnt it the caffeine that dehyrates, not the tea?