PDA

View Full Version : Post work out

Andy P
10-24-2003, 12:14 PM
After a workout can i spike my insulin with normal table sugar ? i have no dextose. what else could work ?

Also, am i right saying i should have a low gi carb. such as pasta an hour or so b4 workout ?

thx

bradley
10-24-2003, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by Andy P
After a workout can i spike my insulin with normal table sugar ? i have no dextose. what else could work ?

Table sugar (sucrose) would not be ideal since it contains roughly half fructose half glucose.

Some types of candy are composed of primarily dextrose which would work, such as Smarties. You could also use high GI whole foods, such as rice, bagels, white bread, etc.

Also, am i right saying i should have a low gi carb. such as pasta an hour or so b4 workout ?

That would work fine, along with a small amount of protein and keep fat intake to a minimum.

Saint Patrick
10-24-2003, 01:53 PM
what he said.

also dextrose is cheap. you can order it from supplementdirect.com

MrWebb78
10-24-2003, 02:09 PM
i have the best workouts when fat intake is considerably high pre-workout.

when i was trying to get to 300 lbs there was nothing better than a double quarter poundr supersized to fuel my workouts.

bradley
10-24-2003, 04:04 PM
Originally posted by MrWebb78
i have the best workouts when fat intake is considerably high pre-workout.

when i was trying to get to 300 lbs there was nothing better than a double quarter poundr supersized to fuel my workouts.

I think it would also depend on the amount of time you are referring to. Consuming a meal 2 hours preworkout, would be different as compared to 1 hour preworkout.

hngacurv
10-25-2003, 04:01 AM
I get my best results from Twinlabs Carbo Fuel right after a workout. As far as before a workout you really want a mixture of GI carbs.