PDA

View Full Version : OMG I found a junk food for us Keto guys

harryhoudini66
10-24-2003, 09:57 PM
I have found a new junk food that falls within the limits of a ketogenic diet. Just when I got bored with the little variety available, I found this jewel.

The food is Pork Cracklins! Yes, you have heard me correctly. These have 0 carbs and have a good amount of fat that you will need. I am about to have some with some Diet Dew. Not a bad reward after a 2-hour workout.

reloaded
10-25-2003, 12:25 AM
diet mtn dew?! :bang: tuttut

go with the real deal. :D :alcoholic:

WaterWalker
10-25-2003, 01:21 AM
Originally posted by reloaded
diet mtn dew?! :bang: tuttut

go with the real deal. :D :alcoholic:

HH is on a ketogenic diet which basically depletes carbs throughout the week. Diet sodas do not contain the sugar (simple carbs). That is probably why he drinks them.

harryhoudini66
10-25-2003, 02:02 AM
yeah and it was the first soda in about two weeks to. I don't want to be knocked out of ketosis.

hngacurv
10-25-2003, 03:58 AM
Pork rinds are ok tasting. I can buy them here in 3 flavors. Original, Barbeque, and Hot and Spicy. Also, the diet sodas don't knock everyone out of ketosis. The citric acid and the nutrasweet only effect certain people.

APE.
10-25-2003, 05:03 AM
Here in Central Louisiana its perfect..We have roadside stands that sell cracklins {or pork rinds as you say} that are freshly cooked.

If you ever want to try them fresh go to a butcher and get a pork belly slab;cut it in strips and try frying it in Canola or Peanut oil..just till the skin blisters.Season to taste and eat.Then you will know what pork rinds are really supposed to taste like..

APE.
10-25-2003, 05:06 AM
Forgot one thing;watch the amount of salt in packaged porkrinds...anywhere from 250mg to 600mg I've seen in a 2oz. serving.

harryhoudini66
10-25-2003, 12:12 PM
mmm I may have some Chicharones today or carnitas. Oh wait, I am carbo-loading so I guess it will be pasta and low fat ice cream and yogurt.

Shao-LiN
10-25-2003, 01:16 PM
Yes, the thing has loads of sodium in it...so I'd still stay limited.

Newby81
10-25-2003, 09:40 PM
pork rinds will slow down weight loss,, that is if you eat them by the bag( 2500 mg sodium),, diet mountain dew might still kick you out of ketosis,, i would recommend you get some ketostrips and check, but when i used to low carb diet dr. pepper used to be ok with me,, but still you dont want to over do it ,,, 1 can a day is enough