PDA

View Full Version : Blackalpha&Yaz ckd/tkd/zone

Mista
09-08-2001, 02:46 PM
I was on a ckd diet about a month ago but had to drop it due to the lack of strenght and energy I had during my workouts! I've been looking into the TKD diet and i was wondering if theres a dramatic difference in nrg and strength when compared to a CKD? Also i'd like to fine tune the diet a bit this time around! On a Keto diet do u still create a caloric deficit? Im 190 pounds and last time my diaily caloric intake was around 2200! good? bad? Also, on a TKD do you only take the High GI carb before resistance training or is this for all forms of training? And should this be fructose or sucrose??? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Wizard
09-09-2001, 02:19 AM
I don't suggest you following the TKD.CKD is better.(you could try an ECA to help you achieve higher energy levels)

Maybe try to switch to an isocaloric diet.(something similar to the zone diet.)

However,when on a keto diet,you still have to create a caloric deficit if you want to loose fat.You @ 190 pounds,should start consuming ~2300 calories and make some adjustements depending on the progress.

As for the carb intake in the TKD:You should have ~30grams of simple sugars before your weight training session.The preferable carbs are dextrose and/or maltodextrin.Fructose and sucrose are not the optimal source.

the doc
09-09-2001, 11:11 AM
i agree with alpha about preference for ckd over tkd. Not that i dont think the tkd works but i think ckd gives you an opportunity for more variety in carb loads versus taking a scoop or two of malto/dextrose in a tkd...

also, people seem to have success on isocaloric, i think hulk may have tried this. Many people have had success with zone type diets. THis may help with energy due to increase carbs. But in ketosis i really dont have an energy problem. Maybe your to restrictive on cals-perhaps increase fat some?

Mista
09-09-2001, 12:14 PM
Thanx a lot guys I really appreciate it! I acutally have been on an ECA stack for quite some time! The nrg problem may be one of 2 things: I may have creted to high of a caloric deficit or i didn't carb load well enough do to fear of over doing it!! What is the ideal amount of carbs for the carb loading phase as well as the ideal amount of time? Also doc the zone would be 30/30/30 is this correct? And how does it measure up with the CKD in regards to maintaining muscle mass??? Thanx again guys?

Mista
09-09-2001, 08:56 PM
also is there any link to research a Zone style diet that anyone knows of?

Wizard
09-10-2001, 07:55 AM
http://www.goodnet.com/~len/zonediet.htm