PDA

View Full Version : didn't eat because of sickness, now what?

Midknight
10-26-2003, 12:43 AM
i am currently sick with something like strepthroat that makes it IMPOSSIBLE to eat or drink. i think i've only had so much as a glass of water in the past 3 days? (i am taking amoxacillin 3 times a day with that little water)

it is getting better, but, when i am finally over this - when i start eating like i used to, the good solid 6 meals a day. how will my body react? will i be able to adjust quickley? will i gain weight?

reloaded
10-26-2003, 12:51 AM
i would say that it will take you maybe a couple days to adjust to the food again. ive heard that the stomach capacity actually shrinks when going for long periods without food. i'd say your stomach will have a premature 'full' feeling several times when you eat. nothing to be concerned about though. :D

drew
10-26-2003, 01:35 PM
Take it slow when you start eating again. Your body will probably take a few days to a week to readjust, depending on your metabolism and immune system. If you go from eating nothing right back to 4000 cals (or whatever your daily average is) then you won't digest properly and will probably just end up with diarrhea for a few days.

PizDoff
10-27-2003, 10:43 AM
Indeed.

Can you get some protien to help your immune system now?