PDA

View Full Version : Battling to pick up mass with diet

Greek God
10-26-2003, 01:24 AM
Help! guys i am in the restaurant game, very active @ work all day, gym 5 times a week for an hoyr and eat 6 times a day but my weight remains the same. What am i doing wrong here?
I ask some guys, they tell me eat lots of carbs while others say eat lots of protein.... ? ... I do have a fast metabolism.

Height : 1.83m
Weight : 77kgs

too thin?

Any suggestions? what are you guys eating to gain mass?

Thanks

bradley
10-26-2003, 03:45 AM
Originally posted by Greek God
Help! guys i am in the restaurant game, very active @ work all day, gym 5 times a week for an hoyr and eat 6 times a day but my weight remains the same. What am i doing wrong here?
I ask some guys, they tell me eat lots of carbs while others say eat lots of protein.... ? ... I do have a fast metabolism.

If you are not increasing your weight each week then you need to bump the calories up a little. I would recommend increasing daily calorie intake by about 200-300 calories each week until you are gaining a small amount of weight each week (~.5-1lb. per week).

Protein intake should be at ~2g per kg of bodyweight, and fat should make up about 25% of daily calories. Good sources of fat would include things such as olive oil, fish oil, nuts, natural peanut butter, etc. The rest of your cals can come from carbohydrates.

Any suggestions? what are you guys eating to gain mass?
Thanks

Just focus on lean protein sources such as chicken, lean beef, eggs, dairy products, etc.

Good sources of carbs would include foods such as oats, sweet potatoes, veggies, fruit, beans, etc.

Pre/post workout you can take in high GI carbs such as dextrose or maltodextrin along with a some protein.

If you still have trouble taking in enough calories throughout the day, you may try incorporating some high calorie shakes into your diet.

Greek God
10-27-2003, 11:52 AM
thanx for the advice, much appreciated!

PizDoff
10-27-2003, 12:30 PM
Cool, a Greek dude in SA!

Eat eat eat!
Any measurement of your BF%?
And post your routine.

ChampionLifter8
10-27-2003, 01:16 PM
yeah like bradly said just keep uping calories every week.. make sure you eat clean thought GOOD LUCK