PDA

View Full Version : Board presses

ChampionLifter8
10-26-2003, 05:00 PM
how many types of board presses are there and can anyone explain what muscles each boarch specificly works. I want to start doing board preses in my westside rouint and dont know which boards i should be doing. My weak points in bench i believe is my chest and triceps.

DEADLIFT4405
10-26-2003, 05:04 PM
Some one exactly explain to me what board press' are. I believe there when you have boards on your chest, and each week you reduce the boards on your chest doing the same amount of reps with the same weight as you take the boards off

KingJustin
10-26-2003, 05:22 PM
Someone else can give some more info here, but basically...

You'll first find your "sticky point" on bench, and Westside will help you strengthen that area of the lift. The higher you get stuck, the more boards you will probably want to use. Basically, a board press involves having a spotter put a board (or something fairly light and somewhat thick) on your chest. You then bring the bar down like a normal bench press, but the only difference is that your range of motion is limited by the board(s). You stop at the board, instead of your chest, and then you push the weight up like a normal bench press, trying to keep with proper bench press form.

A little bit more info can be found at:
http://www.musclemonthly.com/articles/001215/001215-tate-westside-powerlifting.htm

ChampionLifter8
10-27-2003, 12:01 PM
thanx for the links man good stuff