PDA

View Full Version : Coffee

BH-Dizzle
10-26-2003, 08:39 PM
I have heard before that if you drink a cup of coffee, or a caffinated beverage before you go to the gym that the caffeine will help your workout. Is this true?

Scott S
10-26-2003, 09:06 PM
Caffeine stimulates epinephine release, so yes, theoretically. Make sure you drink extra water to keep from getting dehydrated.

I drink coffee as part of my E/C stack, and it's been working great.

harryhoudini66
10-26-2003, 11:44 PM
Same here and I get an awesome workout. I only stop because I know I have to and anything more would be overtraining. I take it about 1 hour before and sometimes can go for 1 of cardio and 30-40 minutes of weights.

Shao-LiN
10-26-2003, 11:56 PM
Wow, hour and a half of cardio? Trooper, hehe.

harryhoudini66
10-27-2003, 12:40 AM
You being sarcastic?:confused:

If you were not then I would say it is good considering that I work 12 hours per day, get home deal with my kids and wife and then go to the gym and workout. One hour and half of cardio followed by an intense weight session would be a great one. After I am done, I go home play a little CS, surf these boards go to sleep and doing it all over again the next day.

Spartacus
10-27-2003, 01:16 AM
i don't see why you would do an hour and a half work out when you could do a 20 minutes workout that is possibly more effective (hiit)

harryhoudini66
10-27-2003, 01:33 AM
Well that is what I have been contemplating, but since I had a tight goal I need to meet before the end of October, I went with the traditional route.

Once November starts, I may do HIIT instead. I have read many articles about it and have preached it to others that ask my advice at work, but I do not think I was ready myself for it. I would rather do it running then on a stepper or elliptical and with things the way they are right now, I just cant.

bradley
10-27-2003, 02:46 AM
Originally posted by BH-Dizzle
I have heard before that if you drink a cup of coffee, or a caffinated beverage before you go to the gym that the caffeine will help your workout. Is this true?

Yes it can help due to the stimulant effects of caffeine, but excess caffeine would not be beneficial, especially when trying to increase LBM.

mstar
10-27-2003, 06:18 AM
Bradley excessive? so if i take a fat burner (has caffine) + cups coffee during the day will that seriously effect my LBM??

i am assuming the fat burner in question give u the MAX amount of caffine if u take the reccomended amount

bradley
10-27-2003, 08:14 AM
Originally posted by mstar
Bradley excessive? so if i take a fat burner (has caffine) + cups coffee during the day will that seriously effect my LBM??

If you are currently cutting, then no it will not cause any adverse effects. If you were trying to increase LBM, then I would recommend cutting back on caffeine intake, although I doubt you would be using an EC when bulking.

I post some info regarding caffeine intake in the following thread.

http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=36604&highlight=AMPK

Berserker
10-27-2003, 04:46 PM
I could never do 11/2 cardio in gym. I don't do cardio either though. Go for a walk, shovel snow, do something real.

MixmasterNash
10-27-2003, 05:00 PM
Drink coffee because it is one of two ultimate beverages; the other being beer, of course.

I've noticed that coffee does help with max effort work, but detracts when the workouts go for over 45 minutes or so. Probably mostly due to hydration, but possibly due to increased energy output at the beginning of the workout. Definately a no-no before cardio, I'd say.

Shao-LiN
10-27-2003, 05:12 PM
Not really sarcastic...Hour and a half of cardio is approaching marathon range for me. My cardio consists of 30 minutes of low intensity cardio on a treadmill or some HIIT on a treadmill or stationary bike.

I don't think I have the endurance for an hour and a half of cardio, unless you count spurts of walking, hehe. You actually have energy to lift after that 1.5 hours of cardio?

As for CS...pffffft! Hehe, I stopped playing that awhile ago, been playing since beta 1 and got burned out I guess...plus the clan stopped competing officially and I got hooked on Evercrack, and now Star Wars Galaxies...now Final Fantasy XI is releasing tomorrow.

Black Ice 72
10-28-2003, 04:27 PM
Originally posted by harryhoudini66
I go home play a little CS

Heh, I was always embarressed to admit I play it. I could never admit to friends that the reason I can't go out is because of a CAL/UGS match or LAN tournament.

harryhoudini66
10-28-2003, 09:56 PM
Yeah I started a clan and everything. Even had our own server for a while. I got my wife hooked on it and it is awesome. When we did not care about our diet, we would order pizzas on Friday nights and play until 3:00 am. I still play, but not as much as I did before. I may get in to Max Payne 2 for a bit though. Love GTA3 and GTAVC. I love games period I guess.