PDA

View Full Version : Morning retching?

PizDoff
10-27-2003, 09:02 AM
When I wake up I get some retching. :confused:

Could this be because of my diet before I go to bed or something?
I had this about a year ago, that's why I stopped drinking coffee, but now it has returned for a reason I don't understand.

I'm not pregnant either. :rolleyes:

I got a doctor's appointment tomorrow morning so I'll see what he says.

Relentless
10-27-2003, 09:04 AM
do you smoke?

SquareHead
10-27-2003, 09:13 AM
"I'm not pregnant either."

Well then I am all out of ideas!

PizDoff
10-27-2003, 09:29 AM
I didn't drink last night but the night before I did. And

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?cmd=Retrieve&db=PubMed&dopt=Abstract&list_uids=84131486

:(

PizDoff
10-27-2003, 09:30 AM
No smoking.

I'm trying to live healthy and clean here.
My no alcohol will come into effect this weekend.

PizDoff
10-27-2003, 09:52 AM
Talking about alcohol....

http://www.medicouncilalcol.demon.co.uk/handbook/chapter_6.htm

"Evidence of physical dependency should always be sought because of the management implications; early morning retching, tremor, anxiety and irritability, ingestion of alcohol before midday, amnesia and 'blackouts' are all suggestive; the occurrence, severity and treatment of any previous episodes of alcohol withdrawal should be recorded. Information should always be obtained on previous advice, counselling or other treatments received for the alcohol problem. "

That could be it, but it doesn't explain my previous retching.
Of which I had a MRI or X-Ray(?) and it came out negative.

IceRgrrl
10-27-2003, 10:20 AM
Are you under a lot of stress or experiencing a lot of anxiety? I went through a period like that when I was in a really, really bad job situation....would get up every morning and throw up because I was so anxious about my day at work. Needless to say, I got out of the job ASAP.

PowerManDL
10-27-2003, 10:22 AM
Are you sure you weren't pregnant?

IceRgrrl
10-27-2003, 10:39 AM
Absolutely was not. And the fact that this went on for about six months while I had regular cycles seems to provide the evidence ;)

It was stress and anxiety that I internalized, and for me, any internalized emotion seems to manifest itself in my stomach. As soon as I got out of the bad job situation, it stopped.

And why is it that every time a female throws up everyone immediately starts trotting out the p-word? Yeesh...you even did it to this poor guy :p Too many soap operas/made-for-TV movies, or something...

Gyno Rhino
10-27-2003, 10:43 AM
I dunno, girl...

Sounds to me like you were pregnant.

;)

wibble
10-27-2003, 11:37 AM
You should throw yourself down the stairs. That might clear it up. ;)

galileo
10-27-2003, 05:34 PM
Any new supplements?

Delphi
10-27-2003, 07:37 PM
Lack of sleep? When I would pull an all-nighter I would gag when I brushed my teeth in the morning.

Then there's the old reliable gallbladder. More people should have gallbladder disease. ;)

PizDoff
10-27-2003, 07:45 PM
"Any new supplements?"

well.......yes, creatine, but I've been having this morning stuff for a while now

lack of sleep could be it, stress probably a factor

AndresC
10-28-2003, 02:00 AM
I will puke any food I eat in the moring if

a) I try to eat with in 30 minutes of waking up

b) I take a multivitamen.

Do you have this in common?

Hatred
10-28-2003, 03:06 PM
Yes I was going to ask if you took a one-a-day on an empty stomach. Works everytime to remind me what I ate if I forgot.

PizDoff
10-28-2003, 06:37 PM
nope, i had this before, it went away after a while.....

even had a X-ray done to check if I'm leaking ( :) ), nothing
oh well

vocalmaster
10-30-2003, 08:45 AM
Then there's the old reliable gallbladder. More people should have gallbladder disease.

Yes, I'm inclined to say that it's either gall bladder, or the fact that it happens first thing in the morning makes me think you could have hyperacidity. My son has this and would throw up first thing in the morning. We were horribly worried about what could possibly be wrong until a doctor's vist revealed that he only had hyperacidity. Will Mylanta, or something comparable help? You might try that because you may just have a very acidic stomach.

PizDoff
11-04-2003, 08:34 AM
Damn! Good point thanks!
No idea about the acidity of my stomach.
I'll ask about that in the future.

Hatred
11-04-2003, 10:16 AM
Eat litmus paper before you go to bed. Puke it up in the morning and take a reading.:D

PizDoff
11-28-2003, 12:29 AM
heh
ok, starting the all nighters in university
taking some hits of coffee
(I guess it's acidic?)

and now I get that feeling again....
2 am starting getting it....
damnit, shouldn't have had so much...

*Groan.*
and I'm not pregnant!

defcon
11-28-2003, 05:02 AM
all nighters????!?! your crazy man, i got 5 finals in 4 days coming up starting on the 8th, im not doing no all nighters, forget that!! 11:00 im in bed, everynight from now on till after finals :P

PizDoff
11-29-2003, 11:16 AM
heh, that was for a paper

all nighters before an exam are foolish

Domas
08-27-2010, 04:41 PM
Yes, I'm inclined to say that it's either gall bladder, or the fact that it happens first thing in the morning makes me think you could have hyperacidity. My son has this and would throw up first thing in the morning. We were horribly worried about what could possibly be wrong until a doctor's vist revealed that he only had hyperacidity. Will Mylanta, or something comparable help? You might try that because you may just have a very acidic stomach.

My friend had developed severe constant acid reflux 24/7 since his gall bladder surgery (http://gallstones-gallbladder.blogspot.com/2010/06/what-happens-after-gall-bladder-surgery.html) 2 months ago. He had no appetite, feel full all the time. He feel like there is a ball of lead in his belly and throat. Lots of mucus. Lots of saliva. Sore throat, ears itch.