PDA

View Full Version : For anyone with an Wholesale memberships?

IILaRockII
10-27-2003, 02:08 PM
Is it worth the $45 bucks to sign up at Costco's, Sam's or BJ's. I want to sign up but I want to make sure it's the right move to make.

Also, out of these three, which do you think is the best?

Tell me some good deals you got at these clubs, thanks in advance.

theomen
10-27-2003, 03:44 PM
your 1st month of chicken breast purchases will easily make up for the $45 membership.

bradley
10-27-2003, 04:32 PM
I shop at Sam's, and I think it is well worth the membership costs. You can get excellent deals on chicken, fish, produce, canned foods, grains, etc. You can always take a tour of the store before purchasing your membership card, and I would recommend comparing prices between the stores you have access to.:)

Berserker
10-27-2003, 04:40 PM
If its real close and convient might be worth it. Just remember when you buy mega sizes that money has a time value. If its going to take you 2 years to use, you could have been doing something else with that money. Not to mention if its get thrown out.
I got a free pass for sams, I got there a little. Some stuff is worth some nut, do the math $/oz. Bigger isn't always a deal.

harryhoudini66
10-27-2003, 10:33 PM
I do not have membership myself because I am stupid, but I have a friend that goes with my and lets me use his. I say it is a great deal. Whenever I go, I end up spending less then when I go to the store, but I get much more.

One example is chicken breast. I get about 4-flavored one from Vonís for about $8-$9. However, the same brand and flavored breasts cost $15 at Costco but I get 12 breasts.

vocalmaster
10-29-2003, 05:43 AM
I recently got a Costco membership and paid $20 for 6 lbs of whey protein, the low carb kind. This represented quite a savings from what I normally pay.

IILaRockII
10-30-2003, 03:04 PM
I'm gonna tour a local BJ's up the road from me, I'll let you guys know how it goes.