PDA

View Full Version : question about cutting and missing a meal

papaoso2k1
10-27-2003, 02:27 PM
lets say Im cutting...and I have a balanced meal plan to stay about 500 cals below your normal cal expenditure.... then lets say one morning I get up late and forget to take my mid morning meal with me.... What should I do? forget about the meal and move on to the next one?? or make another meal of the same day bigger(to compensate the missing cals)??

donescobar2000
10-27-2003, 02:53 PM
Yes you can make the next meal bigger if you'd like. What matters is cals in cals out. 6 small meals is just to keep the metabolism going.

Scott S
10-27-2003, 03:33 PM
It's up to you. Since you burn fewer calories when you're asleep, you might come out even by skipping the meal. I'd still add a little to the others though. I always try to make sure my totals come out right at the end of the day.

bradley
10-27-2003, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by donescobar2000
Yes you can make the next meal bigger if you'd like. What matters is cals in cals out. 6 small meals is just to keep the metabolism going.

Studies have shown no difference in weight loss (LBM or bf) or total energy expenditure when comparing 3 meals to 6 meals. As long as you are eating a meal upon waking and one before bed, I doubt you are going to see any difference in weight loss or changes in body composition.

Shao-LiN
10-27-2003, 04:57 PM
Doesn't have to be that exact or in some certain order.

papaoso2k1
10-27-2003, 07:57 PM
ok...I get it now....This happened to me today (first day of school)... Woke up late and didnt even get to eat breakfast....So I spent most of the morning asking myself...What if I dont eat enough today? Will I lose muscle....so i ate a lot for lunch... :d

Newby81
10-27-2003, 10:09 PM
try not to let it happen again for breakfast( most important meal)
but as far as losing muscle goes, many can go for 2 weeks plus with little amounts of protein and not lose any muscle, i wouldnt recommend trying that but my point is that one skipped meal or a bad day of protein consumption wont hurt!!!
also if you were to try and make it up , DONT try eating 100g of protein at one sitting to make up for the skipped 1st meal, your body can only absorb a limited amount at a time

Spartacus
10-27-2003, 10:22 PM
but as far as losing muscle goes, many can go for 2 weeks plus with little amounts of protein and not lose any muscle, i wouldnt recommend trying that but my point is that one skipped meal or a bad day of protein consumption wont hurt!!!

i don't think the body can store protein other than enough for a few hours, so a bad day could hurt you.