PDA

View Full Version : How long...

donescobar2000
10-27-2003, 08:32 PM
I know normally the pros take 3 day to refeed precomp so that they muscles will not be flat. But how long does it take for glycogen to be fully repleted in someones body. Does a 1 day refeed take care of it or does it have to be carried out for a couple of days like the pros do? When I refeed my muscle look like crap by the next day or 2. lol.

JuniorMint6669
10-27-2003, 08:37 PM
You should try making your post titles more descriptive, so that those that have more knowledge on the subject are more likely to look at your post, and those of us that dont, wont waste our time on it. An example would be "Replenishing Glycogen" or something like that.
Thank you

bradley
10-28-2003, 02:13 AM
Originally posted by donescobar2000
I know normally the pros take 3 day to refeed precomp so that they muscles will not be flat. But how long does it take for glycogen to be fully repleted in someones body. Does a 1 day refeed take care of it or does it have to be carried out for a couple of days like the pros do?

Assuming full depletion you should be able to refill muscle glycogen up to 100% capacity, that is of course if you take in enough carbs to do so. It is possible to store more larger than normal amounts of glycogen (glycogen supercompensation), but in order to accomplish this you would probably have to go with a 2 day carb load. Although you would want to take in more carbs on the 1st day as compared to the 2nd day.

When I refeed my muscle look like crap by the next day or 2.

Well if you are following a reduced calorie diet after the refeed, you should expect some glycogen depletion. You can't keep that full look while following a reduced cal, lower carb diet.

donescobar2000
10-28-2003, 04:02 AM
true