PDA

View Full Version : Im doing westside i got a ?

ChampionLifter8
10-31-2003, 06:05 AM
Im doing westside and the westside routine doesnt say anything about doing biceps. Do you think i should add in some sets of biceps in once or week and if yes what say should i put it in as??

Also what bicep exercises should i be doing??( how many sets??

Paul Stagg
10-31-2003, 07:08 AM
Are they a weakness?

Read the journals of people here who use Westside. The first thing you'll see is how different our training is from each other.

ChampionLifter8
10-31-2003, 01:30 PM
yeah my biceps are a pretty weak spot for me. They dont really have any peak to them at all and i want them to start showing more and to get them stronger. Ill check out the journals thx bro pz

Paul Stagg
10-31-2003, 01:45 PM
Who cares if they show?

I train them to avoid tendonitis, and to strenghten my elbow and shoudler joint stability. A couple of sets of hammer curls a week.

If you are worried aobut your peak, you need to revisit your training, because your goals and your training don't mesh.

IMO, there are other methods of training that would better suit you.

ChampionLifter8
10-31-2003, 02:20 PM
no i dont want to be a bodybuilder right now i just want peak in biceps i mean come on be honest who wouldnt want some peak in there biceps or some more stregngh in them. I just want to improve them.

Paul Stagg
10-31-2003, 02:26 PM
If bigger biceps are a major concern, you need to revisit your training goals and routine.

If your goals are still to improve your performance as a strength athlete, then the back work you do with a couple of sets of curls once a week will be plenty. As you get bigger, your biceps will grow.

From your posts under this and your previous username, I'm still not sure if you are just playing around, or if you are serious and just need some guidance.

If it's the former, I'll just ban you again. The latter, I'll help, but you need to figure out what you really want.

ChampionLifter8
10-31-2003, 02:42 PM
why are you going to ban me?? i didnt do a thing paul im a serious lifter looking for serious answers. Check my journal and you can see if im serious or not. Im 100% serious.

What do you mean ban me again this is my first time ever joining this site??

Paul Stagg
10-31-2003, 02:49 PM
Then some maniac was breaking into your house using your computer. I suggest you change your locks.

IPs don't lie.

Which makes me think I'm wasting my time.

ChampionLifter8
10-31-2003, 04:28 PM
Then maybe my older brother was using the computer or something. Im really sorry if he did something or was on this forum. Im sorry for any trouble that he had caused. Hes a weirdo lol sorry. But im a 100% sorry and im a 100% sure i want to stay on this site and get bigger. Thanx man

EdgeCrusher
10-31-2003, 06:38 PM
I'm confused - who were you before?

and if you want to get strong, using the westside routine for a high bench, deadlift, and squat, bicep work is unnecessary.

ChampionLifter8
10-31-2003, 07:24 PM
i wasnt anyone before

PowerManDL
11-01-2003, 01:32 PM
I can cut and paste the IP records if you'd like.

I'd suggest you work with Paul.

Paul Stagg
11-03-2003, 06:58 AM
Typically, this should go offline, but I want to make something very, very clear.

This board primarily exists to help lifters. Sure, its a fun social thing for people with a common interest, but most of the people here are either here to learn or to help (or both).

Many of us spend a great deal of time giving out advice. Much of it is to younger lifters or those just starting out - and it's information that may keep them from making many of the common mistakes many of us made.

The BIGGEST pet peeve of mine is to waste my time. My time is limited - I have a job, a wife, a house, my own training - there are a number of things I could be doing, that I sometimes sacrifice a little, to spend time here helping.

And I'm not the only one.

I want to assume that everyone posting here has good intentions, that they are serious. And if they are serious, I want to try to help, as do many other members. The ones who aren't serious, the ones just wasting our time, hurt the folks who really need some help. They take up our valuable time, and they force us to become more pessimistic. That's when newbie questions start going unanswered - and that's not a state I ever want to see here.

You post on another board. You've been posting there since your previous username was here, and posting the same or similar things, Steve.

Don't waste my time.