PDA

View Full Version : Cutting diet !

Andy P
10-31-2003, 03:00 PM
Please can you look at my diet. Am i eating to much to cut ? My stats are at the bottom of the page.

Meal 1: 2 banana ,2 wheatabix, skim milk pint. 2 bacon (fat trimmed off) multi vit.
Meal 2: 3 low fat sausages. hour later bowl of pasta (pre workout)

Workout

Post workout meal 3: Dextose tablets(50g), 2 scoops whey, 8 ounces skim milk.

Meal 4: Pasta + lean mincemeat. milk pink(Big meal)

Meal5: 1 wheatabix, 2 bacon (fat trimmed off) Skim milk pint

Meal 6: Pint of milk before bed.

Totals- Protein: 160ish, Carb: 300ish, fat: 55 ish Calories: 2500 ish.

Totals are not exact. Just estimates

bradley
10-31-2003, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by Andy P
Please can you look at my diet. Am i eating to much to cut ?

This would vary from person to person. Are you currently losing a small amount of weight following this diet (~1lb. per week)? If not then you need to decrease cals or increase your activity level, and if you are losing more than this you should do the opposite.

Meal 1: 2 banana ,2 wheatabix, skim milk pint. 2 bacon (fat trimmed off) multi vit.

That seems like a large amount of calories for breakfast, and I would imagine that this diet is more than 2500 calories but it would also depend on portion sizes.

What about replacing the bacon with a healthy source of fat, such as olive oil or fish oil? I would also decrease the amount of carbs and increase the protein content.

Meal 2: 3 low fat sausages. hour later bowl of pasta (pre workout)

Fat should be kept to a minimum pre-workout, and also add a small amount of protein to go along with your pasta.

Post workout meal 3: Dextose tablets(50g), 2 scoops whey, 8 ounces skim milk.

Drop the milk and mix your post workout shake with water, since milk will slow the digestion of your shake.

The other meals look pretty good, but I think you need to increase the amount of healthy fats in your diet. Calories from fat should make up about 25% of your daily calories, and most of this amount should come from healthy sources such as fish oil, flaxseed oil, olive oil, nuts, natural peanut butter, etc.

the rock
10-31-2003, 05:10 PM
Use www.fitday.com

defcon
10-31-2003, 05:20 PM
this diet needs a lot of work... i suggest you read some stickies.

Jasonl
10-31-2003, 07:40 PM
this diet needs a lot of work... i suggest you read some stickies.
i don't think it needs a LOT of work, but it could use some fine tuning.

Shao-LiN
11-01-2003, 02:22 AM
I'd personally hold back a bit on the carbs and up the fat a bit.

Andy P
11-01-2003, 02:27 PM
I will try and explain my choices. First of all after my workout. i take my whey with skim milk because i hate the taste of my whey and water. im looking into getting some more whey. untill they i guess milk will have to do.

Also in my multi vits i get fish oil. I might incorporate some tuna. Good idea ?

Pre workout i took low fat sausages because i didnt want much fat as said. my low fat sauasges contain less than 8 g fat altogether.

The reason the carbs are high is because i am doing HIT on off days for 40 mins. i dont want to fatigue. What else needs work ?

I still have lots of bacon left from bulking so want to use them up LOL. when thats done what would you suggest instead ?

Does my diet suck that much ? or was it just that guy ! Ive been keeping my water up and so far (1 week) ive lost 2 lbs. (weigh in morning, but its early days) btw i want to loose about 7-8 lbs body fat. By xmas ! possible ?

Thanks for the input !

bradley
11-01-2003, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by Andy P
I will try and explain my choices. First of all after my workout. i take my whey with skim milk because i hate the taste of my whey and water. im looking into getting some more whey. untill they i guess milk will have to do.

Just chug it down.:)

Also in my multi vits i get fish oil. I might incorporate some tuna. Good idea ?

I doubt a multi-vitamin will contain any significant amount of EPA/DHA, but just out of curiosity how much does it contain? I would recommend incorporating more oily fish such as salmon or sardines, or you can just supplement with fish oil.

Pre workout i took low fat sausages because i didnt want much fat as said. my low fat sauasges contain less than 8 g fat altogether.

I try and keep fat to a minimum, and usually the only fat I take in pre-workout is the small amount that is contained in the protein powder and ww bread that I eat.

The reason the carbs are high is because i am doing HIT on off days for 40 mins. i dont want to fatigue. What else needs work ?

Overall calories will be the determining factor as to whether you lose weight, so if you are in a calorie deficit with that amount of carbs then that is fine. Although do not sacrifice protein or fat intake for the sake of more carbs.

I still have lots of bacon left from bulking so want to use them up LOL. when thats done what would you suggest instead ?

Olive oil, nuts, natural peanut butter, flaxseed oil, fish oil to name a few.

Does my diet suck that much ? or was it just that guy ! Ive been keeping my water up and so far (1 week) ive lost 2 lbs. (weigh in morning, but its early days) btw i want to loose about 7-8 lbs body fat. By xmas ! possible ?

I do not think it "sucks," just in need of some fine tuning.;) Basically I would increase your fat intake and replace the sausage and bacon with more healthy fats that I listed above. You might also have to adjust the total calories, once you are a couple of weeks into the diet.

bradley
11-01-2003, 04:10 PM
I would also incorporate one day of maintenance or slightly above maintenance eating, i.e. refeed. This will help with any cravings and also keep your metabolism up, but I would not incorporate this until you have your calories adjusted and are losing the desired amount of weight each week.

Andy P
11-02-2003, 05:53 AM
thaanks brad. Nice 1 :thumbup:

defcon
11-02-2003, 07:25 AM
Brad, would you say that there is no need to refeed if your above say.. 15%? i am at like 18% right now.. i plan to straight diet down to around 14-15% then have one refeed day.. then go another 2 weeks or so and have another refeed.. then have one every 8-9 days or so until i get to 10-12%.. then i plan to have one every week. Sound decent? or would you change it?

bradley
11-02-2003, 08:51 AM
Originally posted by defcon
Brad, would you say that there is no need to refeed if your above say.. 15%? i am at like 18% right now.. i plan to straight diet down to around 14-15% then have one refeed day.. then go another 2 weeks or so and have another refeed.. then have one every 8-9 days or so until i get to 10-12%.. then i plan to have one every week. Sound decent? or would you change it?

I think it will vary from person to person, but in general 15% is usually when one would want to begin incorporating weekly refeeds. Although if you tend to have a higher setpoint you might need to start incorporating refeeds before you get to 15%, so basically it will depend on the individual and how they are feeling. If you are getting intense cravings, lethargic, etc. then these are probably signs that you need to refeed. I do not think you can plan out refeeds weeks in advance, and the best course of action would be to adjust your refeed schedule according to the results and overall feelings you have while progressing into your diet.

defcon
11-02-2003, 12:32 PM
great info, thanx brad. we'll just have to see how things go :D