PDA

View Full Version : Refeed Question Again

donescobar2000
10-31-2003, 07:10 PM
Lets say I am consuming 180 grams of carbs for 3 days straight. Then I refeed on the 4th day. I can go up to 700 grams on a refeed? This is assuming that I need about 360 grams per day if I was not dieting. Also that high amount would compensate for the days in which i was dieting.

defcon
10-31-2003, 07:58 PM
I would like to see what people have to say about this also.. im doing a cut now and i play not to refeed until 2 weeks from last wed. since im at a pretty high bf%, i may do one every 10 days after that until i get down to 13% or so, then do one every saterday or sumthing.

bradley
11-01-2003, 04:29 AM
Originally posted by donescobar2000
Lets say I am consuming 180 grams of carbs for 3 days straight. Then I refeed on the 4th day. I can go up to 700 grams on a refeed?

This would vary from person to person, depending the amount of LBM, degree of depletion, etc.

This is assuming that I need about 360 grams per day if I was not dieting. Also that high amount would compensate for the days in which i was dieting.

De Novo Lipogenesis is not going to be a significant cause of fat gain when refeeding, so if you keep fat to a minimum you should not see any appreciable amount of fat gain. If you were refeeding for say 3 days, then yes de novo lipogenesis would be more of a concern.

The whole purpose of a refeed is to cause a little spillover into fat cells, in an effort to increase leptin levels that have decreased due to dieting or being below bf setpoint.

When you say compensate for the days you were dieting, what do you mean by that exactly? Are you referring to the replenishment of glycogen stores, or increasing leptin levels back to baseline?

You will replenish glycogen stores when refeeding, and the amount of replenishment will be dependent on the amount of carbs that you consumed. As far as leptin, you might see a small increase but it will still be lower as compared to one who is eating at or above maintenance.

Silverback
11-01-2003, 05:07 AM
Whats your body fat% (est)? if your 15% or above i wouldn't bother, from everything that i have read there appears to be no benefit of refeeding at such a level.

De to the fact that the efect upon leptin would be minimal, i.e. lasting a day or so.