PDA

View Full Version : Should one change his diet?

KingJustin
11-01-2003, 07:24 AM
I have a diet that I follow almost exactly 5 days a week, with the other 2 days coming very close to it (no cheat meals or anything, just daily schedule is different).

I eat pretty high in protien, probably about 25% of my calories from fats, mainly EFAs, and a fair amount of carbs, mainly before I workout.

Is it necessary for me to change my diet, though? If so, how often? Thanks.

bradley
11-01-2003, 07:49 AM
Are you referring to changing the food that make up your diet, or the calories?

Eating a variety of foods would have benefits, since different foods contain different amounts of vitamins, minerals, phytonutrients, fat content, etc. Although if you are taking a good multi-vitamin this would become less of an issue. Variety is also the spice of life, or so I am told.:)

As far as calories, then it might be beneficial to cycle calories if you are following a hypocaloric diet (cutting), but otherwise I would not change it, assuming the diet is working.

defcon
11-01-2003, 08:33 AM
If its working.. Keep at it.
If you do not like how its working.. change it..

But seriously.. what are your goals? and stats and diet breakdown ect ect.. then we can prolly help more :)

KingJustin
11-01-2003, 09:03 AM
Goals: I train for strength mainly, and want overall strength/explosiveness. As far as size goes, I want to be about 210 lbs/6% BF in about 10 months (and I don't really want to get any bigger or smaller). Shorter term, I want to be about 203 lbs in the morning by February while putting on as little fat as possible.

Currently I'll be usually about 198-200 lbs at night, and about 193-194 lbs in the morning. BF% is about 10% I'd guess.

And just to get this straight, I shouldn't really change my macro nutrient breakdown much at all to stay healthy/gain muscle, etc?

I have a Centrum multi-vitamin each day and will have different veggies on occassion, but usually just broccoli/carrots.

bradley
11-01-2003, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by Bizatch
And just to get this straight, I shouldn't really change my macro nutrient breakdown much at all to stay healthy/gain muscle, etc?

As long as the diet you are following now is providing the essential nutrients that your body needs, then no.