PDA

View Full Version : Its as simple as abcde

Maxgain
11-01-2003, 11:45 AM
Hey Just wondering if you find it hard putting on weight or getting over like 3500cals - 4000cals a day could you just do it as in the abcde diet and eat everything loaded with calories which would normally be regarded as junk I have a very fast metabolism and wonder if i could get away with this. i was planning on doing it for a few weeks until the fat started getting noticeable and return back to a clean bulk ie i would not be cycling the 2 week cut every 2 weeks as suggested

bradley
11-01-2003, 01:00 PM
I think you would be better served increasing your calories by focusing on more calorie dense foods. You can also add shakes and MRPs to your diet to help boost your calories. Try adding nuts, olive oil, natural peanut butter, etc. to a few of your meals, which can easily add up to 500+ calories.

Bam Bam
11-01-2003, 01:09 PM
i tried abcde for about a month but read enough negative on it to quit that being said i experience greater fullness and strength while eating anything i wanted

Maxgain
11-01-2003, 03:26 PM
The thing is I already have added nuts peanut butter and oils to my diet and i cant afford to take mrps as well as whey shakes.
I want to add extra to my meals or an extra meal but dont know what it has to be quick and easy to get, convenient just like a packey of nuts or a shake etc

Bam Bam
11-01-2003, 03:30 PM
take wheat bread with your whey scratch the mris

Maxgain
11-01-2003, 03:33 PM
I can take bread or that but am looking to add 500 to 1000 extra calories a day. Im already getting in 3500 - 4000 but feel ir is not enough and fitday has worked out that i use up about 3600 calories a day without doing exercise or that

bradley
11-01-2003, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by Maxgain
The thing is I already have added nuts peanut butter and oils to my diet and i cant afford to take mrps as well as whey shakes.

Just add more.;)

Also carb sources such as white potatoes, beans, rice, etc. are inexpensive and can add some additional calories.

I can take bread or that but am looking to add 500 to 1000 extra calories a day. Im already getting in 3500 - 4000 but feel ir is not enough and fitday has worked out that i use up about 3600 calories a day without doing exercise or that.

A pb sandwich and some whey mixed with milk will add the calories, and is quite convenient.

Isaac Wilkins
11-02-2003, 07:06 AM
You're having a hard time taking in 3500-4000 calories? Eating is work, friend. How many meals are you eating? Add more. Add more olive oil. I take it by the tablespoon. With every meal, add a few peanuts (like half a serving). I bet you won't have any more trouble with putting them down, and by the end of the day ~600 - 700 calories if you take in six meals.

It can get to the point where eating is no longer an enjoyable activity, it is a job. Sometimes you may have to treat it like that.

defcon
11-02-2003, 07:23 AM
eating 3500-4000 cals shouldn't be too bad man.. i could eat that much just from oatmeal if i wanted :) but anyway, like the other people said, add more EFA and nuts and such. a little handful of peanuts can pack 150 cals or so.

Shroud
11-02-2003, 12:00 PM
Get some liquid fish oil and you can add in some quality EFAs quite easily as well.

defcon
11-02-2003, 12:31 PM
Yap... Fish oil is good :D or olive oil... just eat man, eat! :)

Maxgain
11-02-2003, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by defcon
eating 3500-4000 cals shouldn't be too bad man.. i could eat that much just from oatmeal if i wanted :) but anyway, like the other people said, add more EFA and nuts and such. a little handful of peanuts can pack 150 cals or so.

No im getting in 3500 -4000 cals a day but am not getting noticable gains so am looking for ways to increase my cals.
The thing is i already get over 1oog of fat a day and take oils peanut butter and 100g of almonds a day Should i take in more fats Iv no problem taking in 2 packs of almonds or extra peanut butter sandwiches as long as its ok to take in that much fat daily It will end up being at least 40% of my cals being from fat

bradley
11-02-2003, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by Maxgain

No im getting in 3500 -4000 cals a day but am not getting noticable gains so am looking for ways to increase my cals.
The thing is i already get over 1oog of fat a day and take oils peanut butter and 100g of almonds a day Should i take in more fats Iv no problem taking in 2 packs of almonds or extra peanut butter sandwiches as long as its ok to take in that much fat daily It will end up being at least 40% of my cals being from fat

That will be fine, but I would recommend concentrating the majority of your carbs around your training. Try throwing in a couple of extra shakes in with your meals as well.