PDA

View Full Version : Want to get fast and quicker

ChampionLifter8
11-01-2003, 02:01 PM
what do you guys suggest i should do if i want to train to run faster, quicker and sprint faster. Does anyone have any links to drills i should do or if i should run hills or do difrent types of sprints?? Also im doing westside right now is there anything i should change with my workout to help benefit me to run faster, be more quicker, have more endurance and all that kind of stuff. Can anyone please help me out to run faster??

JTyrell710
11-01-2003, 02:57 PM
hmm I'm no expert in the area
but i would recomend- besides sprints and lots of them- shuffles and footfires- all basketball excercises- theyll work out the muscles you need to go diagonal and sideways for agility
once again
no expert but thats what id do

ChampionLifter8
11-01-2003, 03:39 PM
Im trying to get faster and quicker for baseball.. and this type of speed requires it to be explosive. what can i also do to get explosive power.

KingJustin
11-01-2003, 06:16 PM
Power Cleans, SLDL...

shredder
11-01-2003, 06:55 PM
Yea, olympic lifts are good for explosion which would be good for sprints as far as i know.

ChampionLifter8
11-01-2003, 07:41 PM
does anyone have a link to something that shows how to do all the oly lifts. And what oly lifts do u suggest to use for explosive strengh.

sockjordan
11-01-2003, 08:13 PM
do polymetrics jumping things like that... increase your jumping height can make you run faster. Faster acceralation also.

Delphi
11-01-2003, 09:32 PM
From what I know about you, you're not ready for Oly lifts. You need to have a good, solid base already developed. It's also essential that you have an experienced Oly lifter coach you while you're doing the lifts. They're not something you can ead about on the net and expect to do safely on your own.

mikey4402
11-01-2003, 09:52 PM
plyo and work them high flexers

ChampionLifter8
11-02-2003, 08:18 AM
Originally posted by Delphi
From what I know about you, you're not ready for Oly lifts. You need to have a good, solid base already developed. It's also essential that you have an experienced Oly lifter coach you while you're doing the lifts. They're not something you can ead about on the net and expect to do safely on your own.

Thats true i dont think im ready for oly lifts without a coach.But what am i suppost to do i dont have a coach??

Delphi
11-02-2003, 10:10 AM
Something else. ;)

PowerManDL
11-02-2003, 11:44 AM
The simple answer is run fast, and run a lot.

You're not ready for OL's nor are you strong enough to consider plyos. Just train the motion now; sprinting does have a form to it.

You could try various overspeed drills, like running down a hill....but otherwise you don't need much creativity.

ChampionLifter8
11-02-2003, 01:16 PM
thanx powermandl im just going to do lots of running and sprints and just mix it up thx guys