PDA

View Full Version : Late Night Protein Shake not curving my appetite.

barrelofmonkeys
11-01-2003, 03:04 PM
I have been on a pretty good CLEAN diet for a good month now. The only problem I run into is late nights. I work evenings and do not get home until 11:00 pm and I do not sleep until 2:00 am The one problem I am having is hunger at around 12:00. Now when I get hungry I throw down a protein shake 3 Carb 50g' Protein but latley it has not been curing the hunger, DO you guys have any suggestions?

Maxgain
11-01-2003, 03:30 PM
I take a shake with a packet of almonds or a tin of tuna or maybe the last 2 and forget about the shake. They are all quick and convenient with slow digesting protein to last through the night. If you are taking the shake make sure you take it with milk or it will be absorbed to quick

bradley
11-01-2003, 04:14 PM
I would recommend switching to whole food, instead of the shake. Shakes usually do little for me as far as decreasing my hunger/appetite, hence the reason they are great for boosting calories when bulking.

Replace the shake with some cottage cheese, tuna, etc. The addition of fat to your last meal would also help in blunting your appetite.

Shao-LiN
11-02-2003, 08:36 AM
:withstupi

Shakes hardly ever curb my appetite. They might satisfy a sweet tooth craving, but liquid never curbed my appetite.

defcon
11-02-2003, 12:34 PM
Yeah.. Whole food will fill ya up way more then liquid calories :)