PDA

View Full Version : Help! HARD GAINER!

OiBoy
11-02-2003, 12:11 PM
I have decided that I cant gain weight. I eat and eat and eat... to no avail.

I have decided that it is time to turn up the heat. There has to be a a number of calories that will make me gain weight.

I have decided to eat whole meals throghout the day and have a serious weight gainer 2x a day.

I found a weight gainer that is 2,500 cals per serving. If I have this twice a day that would be 5,000 cals plus all the whole foods I eat.

This with heavy lifting I have to pack on the pounds.

But what I want to know is if it is SAFE for me to take a weight gainer so dense 2x a day. Will I become diabetic? Or will this kill my kidneys? A 2,500 calorie shake cant be good for you but if its safe im going for it!

please respond thanks!!

OiBoy
11-02-2003, 12:13 PM
By the way the weight gainer is "Gainers Fuel 2500"

Are there any other super, super hardgainers out there?

How did you manage to gain weight?

To put things in perspective I am 5'9" and 120 lbs - I'm sooo skinny and no matter how much I eat I cant gain weight.

Jasonl
11-02-2003, 12:25 PM
i doubt its good for you, but i'm not sure it would cause you to become diabetic, i'm curious about that as well. have you been counting your calories? that may be the key right there, try www.fitday.com.

defcon
11-02-2003, 12:28 PM
You are simply not eating enough :) Eat more.. gain weight..

To help you eat more.. you can add EFA's to your meals ( ollive/fish oils ) Munch on nuts many times throughout the day.. all of the calorie dense ( clean foods!!!! ) are your friend :)

Leviathan
11-02-2003, 01:01 PM
What is your current caloric intake? What does a typical day's diet look like? What is your workout routine? You need to answer these questions before we can recommend anything. I'll tell you right off that you don't need to consume 5,000+ calories per day to gain weight if you are only 120lbs.

Have you counted how many calories you are eating in a typical day? You might be surprised how little you are actually taking in if you are trying to keep your diet clean. A lot to the typical person is often a little for a bodybuilder.

snow
11-02-2003, 02:55 PM
weight gainers with that many calories usually requires big ass scoops, and they material is so chalky and disgusting, it's hard to stomach a shake, let alone 2 a day.....plus, they usually don't have that much in them, if you have 2 shakes a day, you'll be buying like 2 bottles a week......i'd just EAT

Scott S
11-02-2003, 03:28 PM
OiBoy,

Write down everything you typically eat in one day, and let's look at it. :thumbup:

GonePostal
11-02-2003, 03:44 PM
Dude just to let you know shakes like that are about as useful as taking a few scoops of whey and drinking like a 1/2 a litre of oil. I am also a "hardgainer" myself. Not really due to the fact that no matter how "much" I eat I can't gain. Really I doubt you don't gain weight no matter how much you eat and you need such drastic measures. The problem is I can't eat that much in one sitting so then my daily calories suffer. This probably what is happening to you, you say "no matter how much I eat". Though I do think my metabolism is slightly raised it is nothing more food can not over come. Just eat more food (I know you hear this a lot) but this is the only way you are going to maintain the weight you gain. There i no point to taking massive amounts of liquid calories if you can't eat normal foods to maintain the new gained weight. Weight gainners have their place which is to add thos EXTRA calories you need to get over the hump. Not be the primary source of calories.

That being said I personally do think it is "safe" to take that many calories in one sitting for a relativly short period of time (several months). Over time you might become dibetic. Also that's pretty hard on your body. In the end I don't think it is worth it by far. Just tough it out and be a man.
Just some tips I have found helped:
1. Eat 4-5 meals a day (that is realistic for me but if you can do more do more!) and follow what EVER you eat with like 20g of whey that will help with both protien count and calories.
2. Eat as much stuff you can before bed to make sure you are in surplus. I go with as much cottage cheese as I can stomach and milk.
3. Easy calories are you friend. Either that be McDonalds or oatmeal. Don't discriminate against foods because they are not "BB" foods. You can worry about your fat content/macro break down when you actually are gaining some weight. I eat McD's quite often and I don't get fat cuz most of the time school doesn't allow me to consume enough calories.
3. Another easy way to up the calories in a meal is to just swallow a but load of peanut butter with milk. Take a teaspoon put it in your mouth and wash it down with milk. People think I'm weird when I do this but you gotta do what you gotta do.

AtomicXY
11-03-2003, 08:47 AM
<--------------------Hard Gainer

AtomicXY
11-03-2003, 08:47 AM
Where did you find that gainer's fuel 2500? And how much was it?

bradley
11-03-2003, 08:57 AM
You can find high calorie weight gainers at pretty much any place that sells supplements, but these are mainly just protein powder, dextrose, and maltodextrin. You can make your own for a fraction of the cost, but I agree with the other members that you should concentrate on increasing the calorie content of all your meals instead of trying to force feed 2,500 cals at once.

AtomicXY
11-03-2003, 08:58 AM
I have been eating foods as much as possible.

Exnor
11-03-2003, 09:08 AM
post your diet dude

raniali
11-03-2003, 01:42 PM
:withstupi

defcon
11-03-2003, 03:10 PM
Im also... :withstupi who was :withstupi to the stupid guy above :)