PDA

View Full Version : Please critique my BULKING DIET

cyclonus
11-02-2003, 03:17 PM
Meal 1 (9 AM):

2 Whole Egg Omelet
1 Cup of All Bran Cereal + 1 cup of Milk.
2 Slices of whole wheat bread + 1 Tbsp Peanut Butter.

Meal 2 (12 PM):

Subway Chicken Teriyaki Sandwhich

Meal 3 (3 PM):

2 Slices of whole wheat Toast + 1 Tbsp Peanut Butter

Meal 4 (6 PM): Post-workout.

2 Scoops Whey Protein Powder
2 Glasses of Milk
1 White Baked Potatoe

Meal 5 (9 PM):

1 cup of Brown Rice
1 6oz Chicken Breast
1 cup of Mixed Vegetables (Broccoli, Bell peppers, etc)

Meal 6 (12 AM):

2 Slices of whole wheat Toast + 1 Tbsp Peanut Butter.

Totals (according to Fitday.com):

Cals: 2704
Fat: 72
Carbs: 313
Protein: 205

I'm 21, 5-8, and weigh around 130 lb. Obviously, I'm bulking. My goals are to be around 165 or so by the end of summer. I'm new to all this, but I'm also very serious about it. I'd like your input and direction.

Regards,
cyclonus

Jasonl
11-02-2003, 05:33 PM
i would up the fat a bit and drop the carbs a little, also, avoid milk post workout with your whey as it will slow the digestion which is what you don't want PWO. try some fish oil or olive oil for fats.

defcon
11-02-2003, 06:18 PM
Originally posted by cyclonus
Meal 1 (9 AM):

2 Whole Egg Omelet
1 Cup of All Bran Cereal + 1 cup of Milk.
2 Slices of whole wheat bread + 1 Tbsp Peanut Butter.

Meal 2 (12 PM):

Subway Chicken Teriyaki Sandwhich

Meal 3 (3 PM):

2 Slices of whole wheat Toast + 1 Tbsp Peanut Butter

Meal 4 (6 PM): Post-workout.

2 Scoops Whey Protein Powder
2 Glasses of Milk
1 White Baked Potatoe

Meal 5 (9 PM):

1 cup of Brown Rice
1 6oz Chicken Breast
1 cup of Mixed Vegetables (Broccoli, Bell peppers, etc)

Meal 6 (12 AM):

2 Slices of whole wheat Toast + 1 Tbsp Peanut Butter.

Totals (according to Fitday.com):

Cals: 2704
Fat: 72
Carbs: 313
Protein: 205

I'm 21, 5-8, and weigh around 130 lb. Obviously, I'm bulking. My goals are to be around 165 or so by the end of summer. I'm new to all this, but I'm also very serious about it. I'd like your input and direction.

Regards,
cyclonus

Meal 1 - add a few whites maybe.. try oatmeal instead of cereal/bread.

Meal 2 - if you have to eat out get the roasted chicken, 6 inch, whole wheat bread and double the meat, no cheese and no mayo.

Meal 3 - make sur its natty PB

Meal 4 - take the milk out, it will slow the digestion of whey therefor defeating the whole purpose of a p/w shake :) Also you should use dextrose but white potatoe/rice is also fine.

Meal 5 - Good :)

Meal 6 - Need protein here, ditch the bread and have a cup of cottage cheese along with the natty PB.

the main thing is that you are seeing strength gains.. and a 0.5 lb raise of weight per week on average..

IMO.

Manveet
11-02-2003, 09:14 PM
Looks good.

I would take out the potato, and replace it with a yam or sweet potato.

Get rid of the milk p/w

No condiments on the sub, and use whole wheat bread.

The end.

MuscleMar
11-03-2003, 04:08 AM
I would completely substitute meals 3 & 6 for something that has more protein. A PB sandwitch is not a meal! You need to be eating large if you want to bulk up. Eat a chicken sandwitch intsead of the PB san. Do not take PB out of your diet as it is a great source of healthy fats.

defcon
11-03-2003, 04:40 AM
Originally posted by Manveet
Looks good.

I would take out the potato, and replace it with a yam or sweet potato.

Get rid of the milk p/w

No condiments on the sub, and use whole wheat bread.

The end.

He is having the white potatoe as a p/w meal.. that is his only source of a higher gi carb.. i said the keep the potatoe, or ditch the potatoe and replace it with dextrose ( best option ).

cyclonus
11-03-2003, 08:47 AM
Thanks for the feedback.

1) Where can I get dextrose? Preferably an online vendor, like muscledepot.com, but there are GNC's near where I live. And what brand is good? For that matter, where to get flax seed or fish oil? I guess salmon is a good source of fat.

2) If no milk w/ the whey, then how should I take down the whey? It's a chocolate flavored powder, so what's a good way to take it down without it being nasty as hell? Do I mix the dextrose with the whey?

3) How do you guys have cottage cheese? I've tried having it straight out of the bowl and that stuff is vile. But I guess it's edible if forced. But is there a way to make it taste better?

4) Would a Turkey sandwhich work for meal 3? I could make that..

I'll try to follow the other suggestions you laid out.

Regards,
cyclonus

defcon
11-03-2003, 11:39 AM
1. dextrose is not made by different brands.. its just simply dextrose.. should be at local supermarkets.. i buy mine from a brewing company. Salmon is a great source of EFA, you could get fish oil/flax oil from any local drugstore.

2. Water

3. Just eat :) but there are MANY ways people make cottage cheese better.. i do not know these cuz i just eat it.. check the recipe forum.

4. I do not see why not..