PDA

View Full Version : heres my pic-advice andhelp pls!

vanfreak
11-02-2003, 03:23 PM
Well..
Finally got the guts up to post a pic..
when you talk about this and you will , please be kind..
I am in need of some good constructive criticism regarding my many weak areas , what routines would be best for me which exercises etc.I am currently doing two full body workouts a week[lots of variation] and for aerobics I do lots of walking..
I am getting good results with a full body routine twice a week, but I hope I get lots of advice on specific exercises from a lot of you..
I am 40 years old, very active , and on the verge of hiring a personal trainer.......youth is fleeting , fabulous is forever.....
FLAME AWAY!

vanfreak
11-02-2003, 11:22 PM
BUMP!

Saint Patrick
11-03-2003, 12:34 AM
I'd suggest switching to a split, such as push/pull/legs, or WBB#1 instead of the full-body routine.

Keep hitting the gym and make sure your diet is in order. On the plus side, you already look better than most 40 year old men.

Manveet
11-03-2003, 09:42 AM
I agree, take a look at the wbb routines on the site's main page. It's a good place for anyone to start up. On the other hand, if you're into full body routines take a look at www.hypertrophy-specific.com

drew
11-03-2003, 09:47 AM
You look good for 40 man. How about the legs?

Turboboy
11-03-2003, 12:00 PM
Wow, I would feel good about your shape at 40. I don't think you've looked around too much at most 40 year olds huh? LOL! I would check into some routines here on WBB and also check the nutrition section.

vanfreak
11-05-2003, 12:07 PM
Thanks for the encouragment...
I will eventually post better pictures of legs[my strong point]
and other areas...[I am genetically somewhat gifted with a strong chest and good legs]I think I am going to get a trainer..like most men my age my love handles are a trouble area, but what I want to know is should I concentrate more on aerobic activity or on weights...?Like I said , the full body Hypertrophic workout is doing wonders for me , I am very happy with the results I am getting and I do make sure I vary the exercises a lot....I am also fortunate in that I gain and lose weight very easily even at my age....and cutting my full body workout back to twice sometimes even ONCE a week has been an even bigger help.I also walk everywhere which is maybe why I can eat coconut cinnamon buns in this cold weather and not worry too much about the weight gain[I know-but its so damn cold here in Canada right now and they smell sooooo good!-I do eat a lot of high quality protein and avoid sugar in almost any form except for the buns!]
Areas i want to work on are Lats,biceps and triceps....
So thanks again every one, I will post pictures of my fourty year old wheels and lagging arms soon...

Pipimo
11-06-2003, 02:56 PM
Do weights with cardio. If you gain a bit of muscle it will be easier to trim off the fat.

IWantRIPPEDAbs
11-06-2003, 07:40 PM
lots of cardio