PDA

View Full Version : Need help cutting

Brando457
11-02-2003, 03:35 PM
Whats the best method/ way to go cutting?

I've never cut or bulked before, but am looking to cut and lose some weight.

Anyone help a newbie :confused:

bradley
11-02-2003, 04:41 PM
I have posted this in numerous threads and should help in answering some of your questions.

Welcome to WBB:)

Food choices:
http://www.wannabebigforums.com/sho...ht=grocery+list

Here are some general dieting guidelines that might be of some help:
1) 1 gram of protein per lb. of bodyweight

2) 25-30% of daily calories should come from fat (Essential fatty
acids making up most of this total)

3) Fill in the rest of daily calories with low glycemic index carbs, except postworkout which would ideally include high glycemic index carbs along with a quick digesting protein (whey protein).

4) Drink plenty of water throughout the day, and one gallon would be good starting point.

Listed below are some good sources of each macronutrient. This is just a small list and is by no means all inclusive.

protein sources: eggs, chicken, lean beef, dairy, fish

low GI carbs: oats, sweet potatoes, beans, whole wheat bread, vegetables, fruit

fats: nuts, natural peanut butter, oily fish (such as salmon), fish oil, flax oil, olive oil

To find out how many cals you should be eating each day I would slowly decrease cals in small increments until you are losing the desired amount of weight each week (approximately 1lb per week is a good number IMO). You can use www.fitday.com to help you track calories if you like. Here is an example of what I mean. Say you are eating 3000 cals and maintaining your weight then you would need to decrease cals by a small amount (about 200-300). That would put you at 2700 cals for the week. Keep cals at this level for the week and then weigh yourself at the end of the week and see how much weight you have lost. I woud weigh myself at the same time each week to try and ensure the most accurate measurement.

As far as routines go you might want to check out one of the WBB routines on the main page. The following site has a list of exercise illustrations that might be helpful as well www.exrx.net

Brando457
11-02-2003, 04:53 PM
thank you, I forgot to mention certian factors:

I'm 5'10, 205 - 210 pounds depending.

I have celltech,(will start taking liquid clenbutrx, and ab solve some time this week)

Starting this week i m going to be doing CKD, 1 hr of cardio a day, and lifting every other day.

bradley
11-02-2003, 05:00 PM
If you are going to perform a CKD, Cell-Tech would not be used except during the carb load. Do you have any type of meal plan and training set up yet? Are you familiar with how to set up a CKD?

Brando457
11-02-2003, 05:39 PM
meal plan as far as breakfast was going to be scrambled eggs, for lunch idk, and dinner chicken breast. Training plan was to do 1 hr of cardio a day, and lift every other day. hmm if not celltech for protein what would be suggested. I kind of have alot of celltech to use still....

Brando457
11-02-2003, 05:41 PM
I could use a good rountine for my lifting schedule.

raniali
11-02-2003, 05:42 PM
idk?
i have no ideas what kind of quantities you are planning on consuming for each meal, but your total cals are still going to be extremely low with what you have indicated. your fat intake needs to be a considerable portion of your daily cals on a keto days and you don't appear to have any except from egg yolks. i suggest you do some searching on this site and on the web for guidelines on keto diets, esp your CKD. there are NUMEROUS very informative threads here - just do a search.

edit -- btw - that much cardio on a ckd is very detrimental.

Brando457
11-02-2003, 05:47 PM
hmm :/ mayb i'd be better off highering a PT

defcon
11-02-2003, 06:11 PM
From reading your posts i think you should read some nutrition stickeys because you seem to eat next to nothing IMO.

Brando457
11-02-2003, 06:41 PM
next to nothing damn :/, those are my normal meals which fill me :(

bradley
11-03-2003, 02:22 AM
http://www.wannabebig.com/article.php?articleid=34
http://www.wannabebig.com/article.php?articleid=45
http://www.thinkmuscle.com/articles/mcdonald/charting-progress-02.htm
http://www.thinkmuscle.com/articles/mcdonald/carb-up-and-ketogenic-diet.htm

I would recommend reading the above articles before beginning a CKD, and you can also run a search on a cyclical ketogenic diet (CKD) which should pull up a lot of helpful information.

BTW Cell-Tech does not contain protein.:)

defcon
11-03-2003, 05:03 AM
I also suggest you look at a balanced diet instead of CKD.. imo, from experience.. working out SUCKS while in keto, even a TKD would be a little better.. but harder to stick too.. also, sum peoplemgo way overboard with their carb ups on CKD diets.

Shao-LiN
11-03-2003, 08:48 AM
scrambled eggs
don't know
chicken breast

Unless you eat these in large amounts, I doubt you're getting enough calories in. You should consider reading up more on diet and training. You can check out sample diets and routines for CKD, as well as the science behind it, on the wannabebig.com site under the diet and nutrition section I believe.