PDA

View Full Version : Alcohol ???

paulus
11-02-2003, 05:11 PM
Have just started training and am trying to bulk up..

Was wondering if alcohol is ok for adding calories or if the negative effects of drinking (read that it lowers testosterone release) outweigh the benefit of the calories..

What are your opinions on drinking and training (not at the same time obviously). is it ok to drink alcohol while bulking up ?

thank s in advance..

Jasonl
11-02-2003, 05:36 PM
i wouldn't recommend it at all. i'm sure a few others will chime in with studies stating the negative effects on BBing, but for me it just doesn't seem to be a good idea. besides, there are plenty of better sources of calories than that.:)

defcon
11-02-2003, 06:12 PM
Think of beer.. think of the term "beer belly", there is a reason it gets that term :)

Scott S
11-02-2003, 08:30 PM
Just think of how big Arnold could've gotten if he didn't drink that pitcher of beer after every workout... :rolleyes:

bradley
11-03-2003, 02:27 AM
There are plenty of threads regarding alcohol and it's effects on training. A quick search should pull up a lot of info.

Here is a good thread:)

http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=30255&highlight=alcohol

defcon
11-03-2003, 05:01 AM
nice link brad. Drinking is bad anyway.. esp on the pocket book :P

Berserker
11-03-2003, 05:25 PM
i wouldn't drink it if your justing looking for cals.
You can drink and lift just need to be sensible and know how to drink. If your a novice or lack control and end retching and puking the next day, probably shouldn't.
I make sure I have my protein in for the day. Try to give my last meal a head start before the alcohol hits my stomach. Sometimes I'll have whey before drinking cause it digests fasts. Not sure if thats good or not.
I am not endorsing drinking. It will hold you back, but how much?
I like to drink. I don't want to be a fat drunk so I wo.