PDA

View Full Version : Errrrr, Need Your Help/Comments Please!

defcon
11-05-2003, 06:23 PM
Okay.. hey everyone, as the regular board readers may know, i have developed a binge eating disorder.. over the last 2.5-3 months ( excluding the last 3 weeks ) ive put on A LOT of fat.. eating 6000-7000++ calories a day, from junk food.. candy, choc. bars, were the main sources.. anyway.

As you can tell from my Sig. Ive been doing GREAT on the cutting diet.. never binged for a long time! very proud of myself. well today sumthing bad happened. i was at the store.. got so much of an urge that i went and picked up about $20 worth of choc. bars ( bought in the 4 pack bulk ).. was on my way to the checkout.. then i was like" WHAT THE HELL AM I DOING" so i through it all back and got outta there as fast as i could. Now.. on the walk home i was drove crazy, couldn't stand it any longer.. so i went in a gas station along the way.. looked @ the junk and said to myself" okay.. stay away from that sh*t, but when you get home you can have as much oatmeal as you want" so that tied me over..

Now! i get home.. spend an hour steady eating.
Consumed 8.5 cups of dry oatmeal, mixed with a bottle ( FUL BOTTLE ) of franks redhot sauce, and nearly 1kg of cottage cheese.

Needless to say.. im full. Sick. But that is not the point.. I was wondering how much this has set me back? that meal alone is roughly 3000 cals. So i was wondering what your comments/suggestions is to how much ive ruined my diet. Im planning to forget about this totally and get back 100% to it tommorow.

Also note, yesterday was my refeed, so all my leptin and all that stuff was full :\

defcon
11-05-2003, 06:33 PM
Also.. How much of a difference would it of been eating 3000 cals of oatmeal, then 3000 cals of choc.?

Spartacus
11-05-2003, 07:33 PM
calories are calories, it probably wouldn't make that big of a difference. its not that many calories, don't worry about it.

you really need to find a replacemnt fixation you can use to get your mind off of binging when you are prone to it. doesn't much matter what it is, but something.

good luck

Newby81
11-05-2003, 11:52 PM
def,, im probably one of the only people on this site that knows where you coming from...
people can give you many ways to stop but its actually not that easy,,,
i used to pound 6-7000 calories in one sitting,, no joke,, its really hard man,,,
as far as the choice you gave between oatmael and chocolate,, i would go with the oatmeal,,,
ya they have the same amount of calories,, but fat , sat fat, trans fat, sugar coming from the candy bars isnt the best choice of calories
man i wish i could help but its re3ally hard to do nething about it,,, ive learned to cut back alot in my binging somehow on my own,, yet i still do occasionaly freak out on food ,, honestly ill tell you to go for the oatmeal but ii end up with the chocolate,,,
but once i notice my abs start hiding i get myself back on track,
good luck though

bradley
11-06-2003, 02:43 AM
The oatmeal was better choice than the candy bars, since carbs will not contribute significantly to fat gain. The conversion of carbs to fat, de novo lipogenesis, is not an effecient process in the body, but if you were to continue overeating carbs it would become a significant contributor to fat gain.

If you were to overfeed on junk food that contained both carbs and fat, then the fat would be stored in adipose tissue, while the carbs would be used for energy and glycogen replenishment.

You will probably see some initial water retention, but this should decrease over the next couple of days. In the grand scheme of things, this one setback is not that important. Just get back into your normal diet, and do not focus on what happened in the past.

AJ_11
11-06-2003, 03:16 AM
DOn't worry you are not alone. Over the last four days I have been perfect and then BOOM tonight all hell broke loose. I too hit the oat meal rather than choc bar.

I think we caught some kind of desease. You and me boith are in the same boat. I haven't been really on msn as I was busy working with a hectic schedule, I think that is what kept me from binging. THen tonight I could sleep so I woke up just to have some LC Grow and then it happend. 8 scoops later and 2 cups of oatmeal I am ready to get back to bed but not with out the guilt.

baby steps, that what we need. Maybe your goals are set to high, maybe it over training or undereating. It has all went through my head, but even when I up cals, up carbs, or fats it make no difference I still end up binging. I will not be full untill I am eating 1000cals a meal and then who knows I may still binge.

Remember this though, Day 1 DOES NOT start tomorro, it starts now.

I am still trying to figure out the oats and hot sauce, I love both of them but combining them just doen not seem right

defcon
11-06-2003, 05:12 AM
try it man! when i get a good digitial camera i'll show ya how to do it :P

defcon
11-06-2003, 05:19 AM
And thanx for the help guys. Makes sence that oats were a better choice then the candy. but still. Not acceptable. Back at it again tho, weighed myself this morning just out of curiosity.. 185.5 lol, that is up 9 lbs.. dam :D

SquareHead
11-06-2003, 05:32 AM
LMFAO defcon you are a strange one man! ;) Do you have a cheat day in your diet?

AJ_11
11-06-2003, 05:36 AM
well I am down to 186 now from 200 up from 170. A fvckn coaster ride. Well I seem to lose 5llbs a day after big binges so that means it is mostly water weight but the fat gain is still apparent

defcon
11-06-2003, 05:55 AM
squarehead - yeah, i have a refeed with a cheat meal when i feel i need to, and in this ase it was the day before my binge :( too bad i did tho. if i used the binge as my cheat day then everything would be ight.. but bleh. And yes.. i am strange :D along with 99% of this board :D

AJ, yeah.. i know its like 90% water weight ect. but its still funny, i'll give myself the nickname of a "good bulker" :)

SquareHead
11-06-2003, 06:00 AM
The cravings may not be so bad if you plan a refeed/cheat day. Like know ahead what you will be eating so that you dont get out of controll.

defcon
11-06-2003, 06:03 AM
I do plan a refeed/cheat day.. and it went perfect.. but then the next day i binged, and i have no idea why.. its al over with now tho.. gonna be having my planned diet from now till my next refeed day, which will prolly be 8-9 days depending upon how i feel.