PDA

View Full Version : BenchPress

DEADLIFT4405
11-05-2003, 07:26 PM
I was just wondering how manytimes a week everyone benches in here, and how much they benchpress? Also what were some of the best bench routines they've done that gave them the best results so far?

icanrace
11-05-2003, 08:20 PM
if you are wanting to build your pecs, I would lose the benchpress and add the pec deck and lots of flys :)

PowerManDL
11-05-2003, 08:21 PM
I bench more than everyone, and I do it 5 times a week.

Isaac Wilkins
11-05-2003, 08:23 PM
Do a search.

Isaac Wilkins
11-05-2003, 08:24 PM
When you're done searching, you'll realize that I bench what Powerman does, AND him. At the same time. I bench the bench he's benching on while he's benching on it.

DEADLIFT4405
11-05-2003, 08:24 PM
a search? Why search when you can just post it. I was just wondering how many times everyone benches a week.

Isaac Wilkins
11-05-2003, 08:26 PM
These threads pop up like once a month. This is a common question.

WestyHeadbanger
11-05-2003, 10:40 PM
I find it disturbing that an 18 year old 220lbs six ft 440 bencher needs to ask that question. Why don't you tell US how to bench above 400lbs??

So what is your training routine like ? And which NFL teams have their eyes on you?

Dedicated
11-06-2003, 06:58 AM
LOL yea good point.

DEADLIFT4405
11-06-2003, 07:31 AM
I was just wondering because I wanted to know, cause I am unsure of how manytimes a week I should benchpress. I'm caught in the middle of wheather I should decide once a week or twice a week, and I also wanted to know how much they benchpressed, because I wanted to know if they have been lifting for a while. If they haven't been lifting for a while than they would bench more often during a week. If they benched alot I would guess that they've been lifting for a while and usually they'd either bench once or twice a week. I wasn't trying to make anyone feel bad or get disturbed. This question was like an informational question in disguise.

DEADLIFT4405
11-06-2003, 07:33 AM
if your disturbed by my lifts, their always under every post I post automatically, maybe that made you get the wrong idea.

drew
11-06-2003, 08:14 AM
I don't think anyone was disturbed man. Just that you're throwing up some pretty big weight there and perhaps we could all benefit from whatever you're doing to get such a big bench. Excellent numbers all around though.

I bench once a week, but went to 3X a week for the last month using a different routine so I could up my bench a few notches.

HahnB
11-06-2003, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by DEADLIFT4405
if your disturbed by my lifts, their always under every post I post automatically, maybe that made you get the wrong idea.

I don't even think you could benefit from any info IMO. You obviously already have some very good info, unless you have crazy genetics and your naturally a beast. The human body has limits, how much do you expect to be benching without some "help".

That kinda question is like bill gates asking how to make money.

ChampionLifter8
11-06-2003, 03:55 PM
whats the deal with everyone going crazy on deadlift he just asked a basic question that he was curious about... yeah maybe hes a strong mo fo but a little more knowledge cant hurt no one ( even if ur a beast lol)

DEADLIFT4405
11-06-2003, 05:35 PM
Yeah, I'm just trying to get some tips. I bet bill gates once in a while can learn from someone else. Some times its someone elses opinion that matters the most. In order for Bill gates to sell something he has to know what kind of computer everyone likes the most. Well in this case, I would like to know what I've already asked. This isn't a ego trip if thats what your getting out of this. I'm sorry for any confusion, or if I'm insulting anyone.

DEADLIFT4405
11-06-2003, 05:42 PM
Originally posted by HahnB

I don't even think you could benefit from any info IMO. You obviously already have some very good info, unless you have crazy genetics and your naturally a beast. The human body has limits, how much do you expect to be benching without some "help".

That kinda question is like bill gates asking how to make money.

The human body has limits, how much do you expect to be benching without

It depends. You know I've never thought actually where I would stop, but I'm thinking around 600-700 on the benchpress. Who knows maybe even 800. I've talked to Isacc Nesser online through his website and he benches 825lbs, and he told me that when he was 18 he benched 425lbs, so I just dont know. Right now I'm fixed on my current goals which are to bench 500lbs, Deadlift and Squat 700lbs.

KingJustin
11-06-2003, 06:26 PM
Are you sure he puts up 825 lbs? I could be wrong here, but I think Mendelson set the record at 823 or so a few months ago (only to break his own record about 2 weeks ago).

DEADLIFT4405
11-06-2003, 08:23 PM
he doesn't do competitions, I've seen his website, he is in the guiness book of world records for having the biggest muscular chest and most biggest muscularist arms, 29 inch arms!!!!! 74inch chest!!!! big man..... he benches 825, you can tell. But seeing that he doesn't do competitions he wouldn't have any records

BigCorey75
11-06-2003, 10:03 PM
when im working out in the offseason i bench twice a week, once heavy, and once dynamic

body
11-07-2003, 05:22 AM
as the powerlifters often say. if it a judge has not seen it, it does not count.

DEADLIFT4405
11-07-2003, 08:26 AM
If he doesn't do a competition that doesn't mean we should totally disreguard what he benches. So that means that if we did that to him we'd have to do that to everybody. I'm sure not everybody in this forum has done a competition. Not to mention he did his 825lbs RAW!!!!!!!!!!!! Thats crazy, but if you want to check out his website here it is.....
http://drsize74.com/

benchmonster
11-07-2003, 12:29 PM
Deadlift, Isaac Nesser is full of ****. Jaime Harris has called him out on more than one occasion. Unless someone benches a weight in a competition, it don't count.

Nesser has for the last 10 years claimed to have benched about 100 lbs more RAW than whatever the current shirted world record was. No doubt Nesser is big and strong, but benching over 100 lbs above the best CONTEST RAW bench by Scott Mendelson (713) is and always will be, BULL**** until it is done in competition.

Same thing for Bud Jeffries' 1200 lb squats. Now there are a lot of strong men out there, and no doubt some of them have levels of strength that border on unbeleivable, but if you are going to spout numbers, better be prepared to back them up in competition.

Now back to your question. I bench once ever week for 3/4 weeks in a shirt, and part of the year also bench RAW one day per week.

B.

body
11-07-2003, 12:54 PM
If your claiming to have a world record(well its since increased to above 825), you better back it up.

if he said he benches 600 pound. then that is a lot of weight, but would not ask for proof as for size that would not be so relative special in powerlifting circles.

he backs up his size claim with guniess book of records. so why can't he prove his bench?

he is selling his product on his site and so many other people selling product in the weight lifting game may exegerate the figure to help them push there products.

DEADLIFT4405
11-07-2003, 01:21 PM
He wont answer my im's, and stuff. Its getting on my nerves, but oh well. I don't know I'm inbetween. I only have little to rely on from either side, its one mans word against another. So if he claims that he benches 825, I assume as big as he is that he isn't bull ****ing, but I may be wrong. Who knows until he actually does this competition style.

Who is Jamie Harris? I'm guessing a weightlifting judge

KingJustin
11-07-2003, 06:31 PM
I can say confidently that he does not bench press 825 lbs raw.

He claims to be "drug free", too...what a joke. There is no way in hell that he bench presses raw, drug free, as much as anyone in the world did a few months ago.

EdgeCrusher
11-07-2003, 08:01 PM
Read through his site - it screams "I'm full of it!"

Scott S
11-08-2003, 01:16 AM
That damn intro won't even work on my computer so I can't get into the site. Oh well.

DEADLIFT4405
11-08-2003, 06:45 AM
Originally posted by Bizatch
I can say confidently that he does not bench press 825 lbs raw.

He claims to be "drug free", too...what a joke. There is no way in hell that he bench presses raw, drug free, as much as anyone in the world did a few months ago.

I must say that you will never know for sure unless he tells you that hes on drugs, or hes been tested for drugs. Other than that I dont think its fair to just say that there is no way that he can bench 825lb raw, because it reminds me of the ridicule I get at my high school. Some people will say I'm on steroids and others will say that I'm natural. Most would say I'm on steroids, but than again most people don't know ME. "There is no way that an 18 year old kid could put up that amount of weight without taking steroids". That came from my own football coach!!! So I must stick up for him when you say that thier is no way! I mean for one thing that makes me want to believe him is the fact that he has arms the size of basketballs! I believe that basketballs are 30 inches, his arms are 29inches! Nothing is known for sure unless its in a competition I know I read that, but that doesn't mean that it ISN'T true.

I think we (including I) should just stop worrying about wheather or not what he does, and worry about our goals. I can't wait until I put up my goals for the first time. :drooling:

DEADLIFT4405
11-08-2003, 06:47 AM
Originally posted by EdgeCrusher
Read through his site - it screams "I'm full of it!"

????

KingJustin
11-08-2003, 07:15 AM
Yeah, but if someone in your high school said, "there is no way you can bench 440 lbs" you would probably prove that you can by doing it in front of people. This guy knows that he has many people doubting what he can do, and he refuses to prove them wrong by actually doing a public powerlifting competition.

drew
11-08-2003, 09:56 AM
Deadlift, it's very simple for you to prove you're not on steroids. Just tell them to test you. (Unless, you ARE taking them. lol)

Ironman15
11-08-2003, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by DEADLIFT4405

I think we (including I) should just stop worrying about wheather or not what he does, and worry about our goals. I can't wait until I put up my goals for the first time. :drooling:

It's spelled whether, man. Perhaps you should pay more attention in school than you do to that website. Learning some anatomy and physiology could benefit your bench as well as the rest of your lifts.

DEADLIFT4405
11-08-2003, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by drew
Deadlift, it's very simple for you to prove you're not on steroids. Just tell them to test you. (Unless, you ARE taking them. lol)

I did take a test for steroids, and it tested negative for steroids. Some people don't want to believe it.

DEADLIFT4405
11-08-2003, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by Ironman15

It's spelled whether, man. Perhaps you should pay more attention in school than you do to that website. Learning some anatomy and physiology could benefit your bench as well as the rest of your lifts.

I wrote that when I first woke up, whats up with all this attitude? I am just stating that you CAN'T say that he does or doesn't take steroids if you don't know for sure, all you can do is believe what he says or not. The man didn't do anything wrong to me so I don't have any reason to talk bad behind his back. A little arrogant, yes but we all are at times.

PowerManDL
11-08-2003, 01:44 PM
He's making the assertion that he can bench more than anyone. Burden of proof is on the one making the positive assertion. Therefore, if he wants to be taken seriously he needs to prove it.

Saying he hasn't done a comp, but you don't know it isn't true isn't good argumentation for the above reason.

chris mason
11-08-2003, 01:55 PM
Let's get back to you deadlift. You sound pretty ignorant about the whole iron game yet you have the 2nd highest claimed bench on this site. You are not quite sure how to train yet claim some pretty impressive lifts.

There are 3 possibilities here:

1) You are lying
2) You are lifting 450 on a Universal type of machine
3) You are a genetic freak with a propensity for incredible size and strength

I would guess the answer to be 1 of the first 2, but who knows, it could be 3.

Dedicated
11-08-2003, 02:22 PM
I think that guy who says he can bench 825lbs is full of crap. Sorry you don't go out and say, "I can do soandso better than anyone in the WORLD" and not prove it and expect to gain any kind of credibility whatsoever. It's the fact that he is claiming to be the best and not backing it up, you simply don't do that, it's freaking arrogant and it makes him look like an idiot imo.

Shroud
11-08-2003, 02:25 PM
:withstupi Dedicated and Chris

synthetic
11-08-2003, 07:01 PM
Originally posted by chris mason
Let's get back to you deadlift. You sound pretty ignorant about the whole iron game yet you have the 2nd highest claimed bench on this site. You are not quite sure how to train yet claim some pretty impressive lifts.

1) You are lying

lol i can bench 405 decline on the smith machine :whazzup:

BHerks
11-09-2003, 12:05 AM
where in fla are you? any pics to show us how big you are? i remember reading a few years ago the strongest high school'er in the nation from texas benched ~440, so thats a great feat if you really do that much. and is isaac nessar living in delray beach. if so where does he train?

Bruteman
11-09-2003, 12:10 AM
Let's get back to you deadlift. You sound pretty ignorant about the whole iron game yet you have the 2nd highest claimed bench on this site.
-There are lots of good athletes that don't know the history of their sport. They don't need to know the history, just how to perform the sport.

You are not quite sure how to train yet claim some pretty impressive lifts.
-He's just trying to learn more. No matter how far you've gotten, you can always learn more to get better.

1) You are lying
-Always a possibility on the internet.

-Even if he is, it is a hell of a lift. I doubt it though. On a machine it would be harder. You don't get to bring the bar down to your chest and then press. On a machine it's more like a pause rep. It starts out in the bottom position then you push it up from there. I haven't seen to many people who can push that much weight from a complete dead stop up off their chest.

-Quite possible. Remember we are on the internet. These aren't just the people who live around you. You get a cross section of the world, of people who like lifting, stoping in on these type of sites. There is going to be a higher rate of people who can move a lot of weight amongst this cross section.

-I'm thinking 3. If he began getting an attitude and getting defensive about, I would say 1. He has been very cool about all the smack though, so why don't you just help him out?

I do think he should have done a search first though :D .

EdgeCrusher
11-09-2003, 02:16 AM
Deadlift wasn't showing off his numbers nor was he posting pictures about his all natural transformation in 2 weeks that added 50lbs muscle and burned 70 lbs of fat - he simply has it in his sig. I don't think it's a need to get on him about his lifts. Do I think he can do it? It's possible. I don't care if he can, so there is no interest in believing or disbelieving his lifts. Does it bother you that someone in Florida might be 18 and can bench 440? I'd hope not. Would it bother you if someone in Florida is 18, can't bench 440 but says so in his sig on a website? ...

Delphi
11-09-2003, 08:00 AM
Chris' point is that somebody that can bench 440 wouldn't need to be asking the general populace here (of which very few can even bench 350) how many times a week to bench press. Before you ask, no, I cannot bench 350.

DEADLIFT4405
11-09-2003, 10:05 AM
Ok, if you guys NEED the proof, I am going to use a digital camera and vid myself maxing to whatever my new max is when I max at the end of my program. I'm guessing 475-500lbs. Who knows. So and yes it will be with gym free weights the original benchpress.

When people doubt how much I lift for my age ect. It actually makes me feel supernatural, so.... power to ya. I have been lifting since 2001. I didn't have a computer so I couldn't research POWER LIFTING all I had to go by was body building stuff and my friends magazines. I would do reps of 5 and stuff. I've learned more about powerlifting in the month that I've had a computer than I have ever learned about weightlifting in general ever. I do not take steroids, nor do I take supplements such as protein shakes or stuff like that. I tried taking joint medicine but stopped after 3 days. I actually had really bad form about 2 weeks ago, but I've been reading and watching people bench on these videos and changed my form according to observation and reading. So now I actually have form, before I was just using my chest and a little triceps, now I'm using both to a better leverage when I'm lifting. So the website that I'm going to send my video is www.irongame.com I already emailed the owner of the website and asked him if I could send a vid when I max of 500lbs which I'm hoping to get as soon as I'm done with this workout program! Well I just woke up again, so if I say something that doesn't make complete sense, don't be a jackass and correct me, cause they have nothing else bad to say. lol justkidding.

chris mason
11-09-2003, 11:16 AM
Fair enough, I'll reserve judgement until I see the video.

benchmonster
11-09-2003, 12:25 PM
Oh, and deadlift, Jaime Harris had at one time the all time world record in the bench press. He did a 771 about 5 or 6 years ago at the Mountaneer Cup. He did it in a sanctioned meet, wearing a Frantz Double Denim bench shirt and was in the superheavyweight class.

At that time the only 2 people on the planet who were putting up numbers even remotely close to that were Jaime Harris and Anthony Clark.

I could put up a website and claim that I can long jump 35 feet, but that would not make it true. Nesser is full of bologna.

And to those who doubt deadlift's bench ability, I agree it is amazing, and certainly far above the norm, but it is not totally beyond the realm of possibility. There have been a few very young people who have benched some amazing weights.

Kenny Patterson benched 722 at the age of 22. And rumor has it that Eddie Robinson benched over 600 as a teen down in Florida many years ago. Also, we had a powerlifting meet in my gym yesterday and we had a 19 year old kid there, in his first meet ever who squatted almost 700, benched 500 and deadlifted 625 as a 19 year old 275er with almost no experience whatsoever.

I asked this 19 year old before the deadlift whether he pulled conventional or sumo and he did not even know the difference, then proceeded to go out and pull 625 and a near miss with 675 in his first meet, and having trained the deadlift for a total of about 5 occasions (according to his coach).

There are some freaks in this world, and deadlift may very well be one of them. So like Chris says, maybe we should reserve judgement pending some video confirmation. I am sure that there have been many who doubt my accomplishments, and have posted video on the web which is available for all to view, plus, I have done my lifts in competition.

Video, and more importantly, sanctioned competition, is the best way to shut up doubters. Nesser could do that if he is the real deal. And deadlift may very well prove to all on this board that he is a genetic freak and show us something very impressive.

B.

BHerks
11-09-2003, 05:07 PM
where do you train? and do you know where isaac nessar lifts or if he still livs in fla.?

DEADLIFT4405
11-09-2003, 08:53 PM
I don't know, but his screen name is DR SIZE 74 at aol. So you can reach him there if you want. I train at either Gold's gym or World's gym I have 2 gym memberships. One because I had already had paid for 2 full years and the other I wanted to go there so I got a membership there too. But anyways, Good news.... I got a Digital Camera, so I can get my lifts digitally video taped onto that site when I get into my heavy lifting of my program, and even 500 when the program is over. I am at my 2nd week of my program and its a 12 week program. I customized it myself, boards mixed on monday and speed work on thursday. The digital camera was only 19.99 at wal mart.

theomen
11-10-2003, 02:09 PM
well dude, if this is true.. the world record for your age is 485lbs

DEADLIFT4405
11-10-2003, 05:27 PM
ARE YOU SERIOUS!!!!!!!!! I'M GOING TO HAVE THE WORLD RECORD!!!!! RAW!!!!!!! ahhahahahha
you just made my day!!!!!!!1
I will finally be the best at something!!!!! I am only 18 years old and 3.5 months. So I have 8.5 months to get to 485-500! I at my rate I'm thinking 525 is where I'll be when I'm 18 on the verge of 19.

chris mason
11-10-2003, 05:47 PM
Ok, let's clarify one more time, you are 6', 220 lbs, and benching raw, with a pause, close to 500 lbs. Is that accurate?

DEADLIFT4405
11-10-2003, 06:07 PM
Height: 6'0"
Weight: 220-230lbs
BenchPress: last maxed out at 440lbs raw
Guesstimate of what I'm prob benching now: 450lbs raw
School: River Ridge High School
Birthhospital: Dunedin Florida hospital, lol...]
Year started Lifting: 2001
Goal: to bench 500-525lbs raw before I turn 19 years old
Longtermgoal: to be up in the big leagues where Scot Mendelson is.
I can't see myself under 900lbs, but than yet again, I would of fainted if you told me where I would be at the age of 18 when I was 16.

My first goal was to bench 405lbs by the time I'm to old to lift anymore. I got to my goal before I was even an adult. I got 405 on April 21st 2003. I was 17 at that time. My birthday is July 13th 1985

PowerManDL
11-10-2003, 06:19 PM
Quite honestly, that's entirely too skinny for those lifts and training experience.

Normally I'm not one to call out, but I ran it past several of my national-level powerlifting friends and they all agreed. You're either a freak of the kind that has *never* been seen before, or there's BS afoot.

chris mason
11-10-2003, 06:55 PM
He didn't mention if he used a pause or not Powerman.

I will say this much, when I was 20 after a couple of years of training and a very light experiment with steroids I was able to double with 405 (raw) on the bench without a pause. I weighed in the 235-238 range. So, if he is doing 440 at that weight without a pause it just might be in the realm of possibility.

Now, if he claims to do it with a pause, and be all natural, then I am having a real tough time.

WestyHeadbanger
11-10-2003, 07:01 PM
Congratulations. I look forward to seeing your name in the papers and on the news.

What exactly was your full name?

PowerManDL
11-10-2003, 08:52 PM
He didn't mention if he used a pause or not Powerman.

I will say this much, when I was 20 after a couple of years of training and a very light experiment with steroids I was able to double with 405 (raw) on the bench without a pause. I weighed in the 235-238 range. So, if he is doing 440 at that weight without a pause it just might be in the realm of possibility.

Now, if he claims to do it with a pause, and be all natural, then I am having a real tough time.

Its not *just* the bench.

Just the bench would be one thing. But look at the squat and deadlift. The one thing that the PLer's had trouble buying was the massive deadlift in conjunction with the bench.

Now if he was 250, 260+ they'd have bought it...but 6' 220 is a tiny frame, from the standard of elite-level PLers, which is where his lifts would place him.

One lift could have been written off as freak status, but according to them a 440 BP + a 585 DL, along with a 550 squat, ALL done with no equipment and with that height/weight was immediately and with no questions asked called "bull****."

If he wants to do a meet and back it up, more power to him. But until then I don't believe it.

DEADLIFT4405
11-10-2003, 10:10 PM
yes I always pause, it doesn't feel right if I touch and go, no leg drive, and no butt lifting..... there is nothing else I can say to make you believe me unless I either one start doing contests, or two I send a video to www.irongame.com (hundreds of videos at that website) which I will do. I promise you. It hurts my feelings that you don't believe me, but at the same time I feel supernatural. I didn't think that this was going to be a big deal. I thought that my bench was good, but not world class or anything. if you want to ask me any questions catch me online
aim: hulkk500 yim: hulkk500
email: hulkk500@yahoo.com

PowerManDL
11-10-2003, 10:14 PM
No, you're exactly right, there's nothing you can say. Do a meet and you'll have something to stand on. Until then I'm just not buying it.

Shroud
11-10-2003, 10:48 PM
It isn't a bigdeal DL man. Since you've got a digital camera now, upload a pic of ONE of your lifts at the weight you've listed in your sig.

-TIM-
11-10-2003, 10:50 PM
I've seen some crazy stuff so I'll reserve my doubt until we see the video.

What's the record deadlift for age 16 and 18. Just curious.

DEADLIFT4405
11-10-2003, 11:38 PM
My computer is having troubles with th software and uploading it and stuff, so I'm going to get my step dad to look at it to fix it.... hes quite knowledgable on computers. I want to put the vid up just as much as you all want to see it, so dont think I'm procrastinating. I got the digital camera in the first place to put it online.... I'm just hoping that when I put the vid up that you wont try to say its not me. Just to make sure that you'll know its me I will do a special movement before the lift. You'll have to tell me what to do, like snap my fingers infront of the camera or touch scratch my head before the lift or something....

WestyHeadbanger
11-11-2003, 12:16 AM
Deadlift: Go to www.fortifiediron.com/invision.

There's heaps of kids your age there with decent lifts. Speak to the guy with the nick FortifiedIron, I believe he associates online with some serious world class powerlifters, he could set you on the right track if you aim to attain a world record.

Best of luck. By the way what's your name?

benchmonster
11-11-2003, 07:21 AM
Re: the record deadlift for a teen, I have a freind named Kyle Gullege who recently pulled 800 at 275 as a 19 year old. His brother Dave totalled Elite in his second or 3rd ever meet and recently benched 700 at age 22.

There are some freaks in the world guys. I don't know yet if deadlift is one of them, but he could be.

But a big deadlift along with a big bench is rare, as usually you are, built to do either one or the other. I can bench more than I deadlift, personally, but I am built to bench.

B.

chris mason
11-11-2003, 07:30 AM
One more time for the possibility of it all. Again, when I was just a touch older than him and 235ish lbs (I could easily have lost enough fat to compete in the 220s) I could bench right about 400 with a pause (I am guessing a bit here based on my touch and go ability) RAW, I pulled 545 x 3 on the deadlift with a belt and high tops(Air Jordans:) ) , and I could squat ~600 with a belt, sneakers, and knee wraps. Now, put a suit and a bench shirt on me plus briefs and a bit more anabolics and who knows (plus some training for equipped lifts).

Now, personally, I am still very skeptical, but I am willing to wait and see.

DEADLIFT4405
11-11-2003, 08:30 AM
you guys still never told me what to do in the video before I do the lift...... its the only way to stop you from not believing after I show it to you. I decided to disregard the edgecrusher advice, about sticking out my penis and what not.

I guess for right now I'll pinch my shirt and show that its not denim or anything. So you know its raw..

DEADLIFT4405
11-11-2003, 08:36 AM
WestyHeadBanger... I went to that site, and it said this 404 Error- Page not found.

Please try again, or begin to use the navigation menu at the top of the site

I've already been to fortifiediron.com, so I prob know what your talking about. I am signed up and everything, but I guess I got caught up in this forum when I did, so I haven't really posted. My screen name is powerbencher1985.

DEADLIFT4405
11-11-2003, 08:40 AM
If you think about it BenchMonster, we're all genetic freaks in our on way. Most people in general (people who don't lift and lift) wouldn't even think that putting up 300lbs on the bench is realistic. And there are some people working out with double that weight-ScotMendelson. We have an apptitude for lifting that is prob why we lift and others don't. I've heard that only 10 percent of the entire world will ever get to bench over 315lbs!!!! and thats people who don't lift too. I know it didn't sound right at first, but if you include the people who don't lift it makes more sense.

KingJustin
11-11-2003, 08:56 AM
10 percent of the world bench pressing 315? No way.

PowerManDL
11-11-2003, 10:29 AM
One more time for the possibility of it all. Again, when I was just a touch older than him and 235ish lbs (I could easily have lost enough fat to compete in the 220s) I could bench right about 400 with a pause (I am guessing a bit here based on my touch and go ability) RAW, I pulled 545 x 3 on the deadlift with a belt and high tops(Air Jordans:) ) , and I could squat ~600 with a belt, sneakers, and knee wraps. Now, put a suit and a bench shirt on me plus briefs and a bit more anabolics and who knows (plus some training for equipped lifts).

Now, personally, I am still very skeptical, but I am willing to wait and see.

You also aren't 6' tall at that weight. Makes a difference.

******Man, I am 5'11.5" , close enough right?