PDA

View Full Version : summer's over, less careful about diet?

Baumer
09-10-2001, 08:13 PM
Now that summer's over, is everyone less careful about diet selection and gaining some fat. I know that I'm eating more, and tend to cheat more often now, instead of maybe one cheat meal a week, it's more like 2 or 3, like on the weekends. My favorite cheats lately have been cheescake and going out for greasy breakfasts!!

syntekz
09-10-2001, 08:18 PM
A lot of people forget about their diets. Most people schedule their dieting around the seasons. So they are cutting up to prepare for summer and than the rest of the year bulking up because no one will see them with their shirts off.

Than you got those who never get a on a diet. Like myself. I hate diets.

big calvin
09-10-2001, 08:24 PM
i live in florida so its like summer here everyday! to bad im not lean :( i gotta move up north man...lol

Budiak
09-11-2001, 01:32 AM
California. Bay area. Always winter.

Either way, why would people forget about their diets? Its like setting themselves up for a fall at holiday season. During Christmas we all know that we're screwed nutritionally, so why would we go in with a cracked shell? I never go into the winter on a lax diet beause during that week- from Christmas until New Years- I know that I'm going to be eating whatever comes down the pipe.

I smell pie....tuttut

Wizard
09-11-2001, 02:28 AM
I don't care about my diet as much as I did before summer.
I still care though!

c_8nOM
09-12-2001, 06:49 AM
Up in CANADA...
2months of summer.........

twinturbo
09-13-2001, 05:15 PM
I still watch it but not as close as summer- ill do less cardio but make sure i have at least a 4 pack at all times- it keeps the cuts all over the upper body if your stomach is in decent shape...

gino
09-14-2001, 08:43 AM
I never diet based on seasons. Last december I was down to nearly 6% bf, and this spring/summer, I bulked.

Whatever...

THE RUSH
09-15-2001, 11:56 PM
its summer all year round where i live so i dont have the benifit of wearing sweaters to cover fat. really sucks when im trying to bulk up.

Mr BC
09-16-2001, 07:41 AM
2 or 3 cheat meals a week whilst in say an off-season mode is great determination.As i have always been taught all things in moderation are ok.As long as a balanced diet and training is consistent then all things will fall into place.However, you get some people who bulk up crazy in the off-season eating all kinds of crap only to have to work even harder to lose all the extra fat they have acquired and end up gaining a small amount of muscle.

Baumer
09-16-2001, 07:41 AM
thanks for all the input, yeah it's not that I'm going to forget about my diet or go crazy, but there's just not as much need to be as strict, plus I'd really like to put on 10 - 15 pounds over the winter, so that means gaining some fat. I still usually maintain a pretty lean bf% though, being able to see a 4-pack still.

Mr BC
09-16-2001, 07:48 AM
Good luck.Remember diet smart and train hard and the rest falls into place.Just add 500 calories a day to current diet and you will add the the muscle you want slowly but without the added fat and when you stop putting on weight add another 500 calories.