PDA

View Full Version : Software you recommend for planning a diet?

Esperantistino
11-07-2003, 02:00 PM
Dear all!

There seem to be quite a number of programs where you can track your food intake (like online at fitday.com)
but I'd like to plan my diet on a C-P-F ratio of 33-33-33 or 20-40-40 ratio.

Is there any software you recommend and mind to share?

I've head about zonaware and NutriGenie 7 but wasn't sure if it is really what I want.

I 'm looking for a program that uses grams, not those silly american oz and cups. Plus that has a vast array of food items as a lot of stuff that is on sale here isn't on sale in the US. Vice versa isn't too bad.
Plus... I want to be able to add food items or recipes..

Can anyone shed light on this?

Espi

lift4life
11-07-2003, 02:06 PM
Fitday allows you to set any goals you want. I use 40/30/30 and use fit day well.

www.keyoe.com has a desktop and PDA software which does this as well and it isnt too expensive. I have used the PDA software and it is very good.

Esperantistino
11-07-2003, 02:09 PM
Hadn't seen that yet on Fitday, but if I recall well, Fitday doesn't work with grams... does it.. I am fit for an asylum when they want me to do oz=s here...I'm a metric fundamentalist to the core!

Wow... PDA sounds good to me. I'm using a Sony Clié myself.
But as said I'm needing one to plan things.. I keep track with a Dutch program , but it doesn't calculate ratios... :( just total wt in grams and kcals.. I'm too lazy to do the calculations myself all the time. I can't make myself eat the same every day either

Espi

STM
11-08-2003, 11:36 PM
http://www.crosstrainer.ca

Shao-LiN
11-09-2003, 08:37 AM
Fitday works with grams, ounces, tablespoons, cups, etc. etc.

If you mean the grams of p/f/c in a meal...that's like the first thing you see when you click on the food section and add food...