PDA

View Full Version : "non-dairy" ice cream.

Spartacus
11-07-2003, 02:24 PM
my cafeteria replaced the frozen yogurt in the soft-serve machine with what is labeled "low fat, non-dairy vanilla" on the machine. it tastes ok, but does anyone have any idea what it is?

drew
11-07-2003, 02:30 PM
Whatever it is, you can bet it's got a TON of sugar in it. Avoid it.

defcon
11-07-2003, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by drew
Whatever it is, you can bet it's got a TON of sugar in it. Avoid it.

:withstupi

If its not oatmeal, and it contains carbs, i dun eat it :)

Newby81
11-07-2003, 10:10 PM
defcon thats not a great rule to go by( only oatmeal for carbs ),, thats a possible reason for your binge sessions... you sould eat a variety of carbs , just choose them wisely,,, your body does not want the same meal every 3 hours, every day , every week , every month striaght,,, ya it might taste good but you still need variety,,,
plus id recommend you to eat a ton of veggies because if your eating only oats for carbs,, your laking a ton of vitamins

defcon
11-08-2003, 05:04 AM
i do eat veggies, but i dun consider them "carb sources" :D

TurboStu
11-08-2003, 07:52 PM
sounds like some form of soy product or maybe their making crap out of corn or asparagus now (ok, so that was a little sarcasm, but I do believe it's some form of a soy product) And with soy products my rule of thumb is "nature didn't make it that way, so I'm ain't gonna eat it that way" good luck though!

Shao-LiN
11-08-2003, 09:14 PM
Originally posted by defcon
i do eat veggies, but i dun consider them "carb sources" :D

Whole wheat products are good sources as well.

defcon
11-09-2003, 04:22 AM
I agree whole wheat carbs are good.. and i usually suggest them when i reply to posts.. however rice/pasta is not atainable, i live on campus in a dorm room, we are not suspose to have any type of cooking equipment ect ect.. i manage to sneak in a little plug in boiler to cook eggs, but almost got caught with it a few times :P And oatmeal are easy to prepare ( i eat them dry ), when i go home on the weekends ( usually every 2nd weekend ) i don't have any oatmeal, just the same amount of calories from WW bread, rice and pasta...

I understand where your coming from tho, that i should have variation.. but i can't do that right now.