PDA

View Full Version : me at 220

Teufelhund
11-07-2003, 08:22 PM
Well, I thought I'd post some pics. This is about the most I've ever weighed. 220lbs, 5'11", 31yo, 2+years of working out.

Let me know what you think. I am not very good at posing (or composing pictures), so... be kind. I tried to get favorable lighting, but I'm not so sure I succeeded. :rolleyes:

uh, there's a lot of 'em coming.

Teufelhund
11-07-2003, 08:22 PM
Back double biceps...

Teufelhund
11-07-2003, 08:23 PM
Horseshoe.

Teufelhund
11-07-2003, 08:24 PM
Most Muscular

Teufelhund
11-07-2003, 08:25 PM
umm... veins?

Teufelhund
11-07-2003, 08:25 PM
Full Front

Teufelhund
11-07-2003, 08:26 PM
And finally, wheels.

SquareHead
11-07-2003, 08:26 PM
I hate you!

rookiebldr
11-07-2003, 08:38 PM
HaEt is such a strong word. But yeah, I'm with him. ;)

btw, awesome and you owe us a front double bi. ;)

Teufelhund
11-07-2003, 08:52 PM
yeah, about that front double bi... Maybe next chest day. :)

I had tried to get it, but they all sucked. Here's a not-so-great front single. Notice the lack of wings... :(

Man - I need to shave.

antek
11-07-2003, 09:18 PM
damn dude.. are you ready to start cutting, or you gonna bulk more? if you cut now you'll look really phenomenal.

Teufelhund
11-07-2003, 09:37 PM
I won't attempt my first cut until Spring probably. I want to hold on to as much mass as I can for a while... :)

I don't think my abs will EVER look like yours Antek - friggin' amazing. really.

antek
11-07-2003, 10:03 PM
Originally posted by Teufelhund
I won't attempt my first cut until Spring probably. I want to hold on to as much mass as I can for a while... :)

I don't think my abs will EVER look like yours Antek - friggin' amazing. really.
heh, cool I wish I could do that.
About abs, anything is possible just requires dedication and you seem to have that :)

Teufelhund
11-07-2003, 10:24 PM
anyone got any criticisms they want to throw out there??

rookiebldr
11-07-2003, 10:30 PM
Well, I agree with your assessment of the lats. They may come out more with a cut, dunno. Looks like the improvement occured mostly in the chest, delts and maybe legs. I'd say the lats and back need work though. :)

Teufelhund
11-07-2003, 10:41 PM
Yes - back and lats were almost completely neglected until recently. I really want wings. I will have them one day.

Found it! This picture is when I weighed 234. not very impressive: http://www.wannabebigforums.com/attachment.php?s=&postid=608450

steveo
11-07-2003, 11:59 PM
Dammit dude you look awesome. I'm with the I hate you.

If you want some feedback. Well, I would say your weakness is you legs. I cant really tell, but it might look like your hamstring might need some work.

Like they said when you cut you will look freakish.

JustinASU
11-08-2003, 12:33 AM
First things first. You have great genetics as far as I can tell. Very symmetrical and well built. I weigh 5 lbs more than you and some some reason you look a little thicker, esp. in the arms (well...MUCH thicker in the arms)...What is your height? How big are those guns? Lastly weak points are...as pointed out bac and possibly calves IMHO.

Reinier
11-08-2003, 03:30 AM
Well you look great first of all. big, fairly lean, and a lil sunburnt.
Id say you could use more Calves, Lats and Quads tho. though quads im not sure, they looked a bit small in the full body pic and less small in the closeup

Silverback
11-08-2003, 03:48 AM
You look good man, very thick and i mean that in a good way.

As for weakpoints: you dont really have any, it seems like you have developed your physique proportionally very well which some find hard to do.

What has your training been like?

defcon
11-08-2003, 05:11 AM
Dude your freaking THICK. IMO only thing that could be worked more is back/lats, but once you cut your smaller body will make those seem better.. bleh * envious of your thickness * :)

Teufelhund
11-08-2003, 09:31 AM
Thanks for the feedback everyone. keep it coming.

wow - I knew my lats and hams were weak points. I haven't been training them for long. I've only been doing deads for probably 2 months now. It looks like the concensus is that my back is lagging, too. I didn't expect to hear that.

There's something about the mind-muscle connection with muscles on the back of my body, back, lats, hams, calves. I just have a really difficult time isolating them. Maybe becuase I can't see them working. Once in a while I can get a few more synapses firing in that direction, and I'll have a good back day. Its going to take time to make the link, I think.

JustinASU - guns are 17 1/4'' flexed, this morning. I'm 5'11'' and some change, 220lbs. I'm looking at your avatar and thinking you're smoking crack about me looking bigger than you, though. :)

Reinier - LOL, Its not a sunburn, thats me sweating and turning red from flexing for 30minutes trying to take the pictures. Exhausting.

Teufelhund
11-08-2003, 09:46 AM
Originally posted by Big-Ron
What has your training been like?

Pretty much stuck with 1 body part a day, 5 or 6 days a week. So, excepting compound movements, everything gets worked at least 1/week. I'm now trying a 4 day split, because I think I need more rest time now, and because my training partner is out of town for a while. Still hitting everything 1/week, though. Seems to be working fine.

Uh- not to sound stupid, but what does "you look thick" mean? Just big? Or does it refer to something else, like muscle fullness, definition, etc.

chris mason
11-08-2003, 09:50 AM
You look great, especially from the front. Please do me one favor and don't claim to be clean (not that you will).

Scott S
11-08-2003, 10:07 AM
He'd admitted to using, chris. Don't worry.

BTW, you look very good, Teufel! "Thick" means your muscles look very full. Just work on those calves (slooow reps!) and lats and you'll be a force to reckon with! :thumbup:

Silverback
11-08-2003, 10:38 AM
Originally posted by Scott S
He'd admitted to using, chris. Don't worry.

BTW, you look very good, Teufel! "Thick" means your muscles look very full. Just work on those calves (slooow reps!) and lats and you'll be a force to reckon with! :thumbup:

exactly:) another term for well devloped muscles

AtomicXY
11-08-2003, 11:33 AM
Your calves look small for your thighs. Otherwise you look really good

Kirman
11-08-2003, 11:35 AM
i wish i could beef up like you :D im bulking again now and things seem to be working well ..

i never used to work my back much but once i started doing pullup and chinups i got addicted to working my back. My back isnt cut but my lats look cool and are progressing.

Your delts are pretty awsome too ... what does your routine look like? im training 3 times a week but it would be interesting to see what yours is like...

Teufelhund
11-08-2003, 12:48 PM
I have a pretty standard Delt routine:

BB Military presses, Lateral raises (pause at the top), Rear Raises, Overhead DB Presses, and some rear delt machine my gym has. Sometimes I do smith military presses.

Look through my journal - I've been pretty consistent keeping it up to date for a while (except the last month or so - had a baby)

My front delts are hit pretty hard on chest day, too. I have to remind myself to try not to use them, and instead focus on the "squeeze" of the chest rather than the "push" of the delts (if that makes any sense).

X-force24
11-10-2003, 07:53 AM
Dude, overall nice build. Freaking swole guy. On the Legs need work on the thighs and calves. I do not think the lats need improvement unless you want them to stick out, but I think they'll show when you cut. What has your diet been like? supplements have you been taken?

Teufelhund
11-10-2003, 08:37 AM
Diet. uhhh... my diet sucks. I eat what I can when I can. I'll forget to eat if I don't set reminders for myself. It always involves lots of weight gainer and pro-complex. Oatmeal, yams. chicken or steak every night and at lunch. I try to alternate the real food with the shakes, but it rarely works out that well. Diet is my #1 obstacle. pisses me off. oh - lots of fiber, too.

Supplements over the last 2 years?
creatine, pro-complex, Serious mass weight gainer, E, C, multi. I've tried a couple prohormones to no effect. I guess I had some modest gains(5-10lbs) when I did my first bulking cycle(probably due to poor diet). If I ever choose to do something like that again, I'll be an eating machine.

Relentless
11-10-2003, 08:42 AM
looking pretty damn solid, t-hund

is there anyone that can help you with your diet? Can you hire a food delivery service or something?

Teufelhund
11-10-2003, 08:50 AM
Thanks Cal.

The gym I go to has a service like that. Its not an extensive menu or anything, but they can set you up with frozen microwavable healthy meals for the week. Unfortunately, A T-hund sized portion costs about $7.50. Money is tight right now because we just had our first baby and my wife is not working.

Teufelhund
11-10-2003, 10:08 AM
This is what I looked like before... I guess this is at about 155-165lbs. You can see the legs actually have improved quite a bit, still more to do, though.

Mik
11-10-2003, 11:33 AM
Lookin' huge T. Your hard work has def. paid off. Keep up the good work. When I gow up I wanna look like that! :D

Teufelhund
11-10-2003, 11:33 AM
<looks at ceiling, hand behind back, whistling>

<bump>

shameless, I know.

Teufelhund
11-10-2003, 11:41 AM
Hey Mik - you beat me to it... Thanks.

btw, look at the top 10 poster's list! Thats me at the bottom there!!! :thumbup:

AdamGberg
11-10-2003, 12:08 PM
good god! that before picture can't be real! that is crazy...

lookin good now buddy! congrats and keep up the good work

Teufelhund
11-10-2003, 12:57 PM
Its sick, isn't it?

raniali
11-10-2003, 01:12 PM
i barely believe that is you only 2 yrs ago
i do like the 'after' pics, though. keep up the good work ... and hit the calves!

Teufelhund
11-10-2003, 01:36 PM
Hey Raniali, thanks!

Yep - Its the truth. I had unbelievable newbie gains once I stopped smoking and started eating more and working out. I was also working full time graveyard shifts near the Astrodome and going to school full time in Huntsville, ~100miles to the north of Houston for several years prior to this. Not much time left to be a healthy guy. God, that sucked.

Relentless
11-10-2003, 01:48 PM
Thanks Cal.

The gym I go to has a service like that. Its not an extensive menu or anything, but they can set you up with frozen microwavable healthy meals for the week. Unfortunately, A T-hund sized portion costs about $7.50. Money is tight right now because we just had our first baby and my wife is not working.

if your wife isn't working, then she has time to prepare and pack up lunches/snacks for you before you leave for work... dont' let her con you with that "taking care of the baby is a full time job" line of crap... ;)

seriously though -- if you have the advantage of a stay-at-home mom as a resource, I say use her!

Herc
11-10-2003, 02:06 PM
Great job!

You should post a before / After composite.

:thumbup:

Teufelhund
11-10-2003, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by Callahan

if your wife isn't working, then she has time to prepare and pack up lunches/snacks for you before you leave for work... dont' let her con you with that "taking care of the baby is a full time job" line of crap... ;)

seriously though -- if you have the advantage of a stay-at-home mom as a resource, I say use her!

LOL - I wish!
I think she really does have her hands full with the baby. She isn't doing anything else. no dinner, no laundry, no cleaning, not even any nookie. I don't think I can count on her right now.

Beast
11-10-2003, 02:58 PM
anyone got any criticisms they want to throw out there??
First thing I noticed were your huge arms and chest, and how your back doesn't compare to them. :) I'm sure you'll be able to bring up those wings with some time. Great pics!

Teufelhund
11-10-2003, 03:06 PM
LOL - "huge arms and chest" - thanks NDBeast. I keep looking back at my back picture and thinking "is it really that behind?"

Looks like I'll be reworking my back routine. Tonight is back night.

Relentless
11-10-2003, 03:12 PM
you need to trade the wife in

get a girl from the 'old country' ;)

Teufelhund
11-10-2003, 03:18 PM
:rolleyes: shoulda seen that coming.

Its funny - her family is from Bolivia. You would think she would be more into the traditional role. Thats how things are at her folk's house. Oh well. looks like I get to fend for myself!

Anthony
11-10-2003, 05:25 PM
At first glance, I noticed your legs needed some work to be balanced with your upper body. After taking a second look, I agree with the others about the lats - they could use some work too (although not as much as the legs, imo).

You look good overall - very thick. Good job!

rookiebldr
11-10-2003, 09:08 PM
T-hund, it's not that your back or legs haven't improved or aren't great now. It's that your chest and delts IMHO overpower those other areas that they look smaller in comparison. I'd go ****ing nuts for legs like those, however, on my body with NO chest, they'd make my upper body look even worse. But I'd live with it and work on the upper body more. :) I'd also take those delts, arms, chest... mmmmm... I need more work I think. ;)

Teufelhund
11-10-2003, 09:30 PM
Rook - Yeah, I do see the need to work on proportion/symmetry improvement.

I went to the gym to do back work tonight, but ended up getting talked into doing chest with a friend. doh! I'm weak.

Teufelhund
11-12-2003, 09:57 AM
Anyone want to estimate my bodyfat%? I tried the electronic thing at the gym, but it gives a different answer every time.

Circuit
11-12-2003, 10:28 AM
whats up Teufelhound, I hear you have a real cool work out partner these days...

Teufelhund
11-12-2003, 10:49 AM
ehh. I guess he's alright, LOL...

Welcome to the board, Circuit!

aidano
11-12-2003, 11:05 AM
Talking about fat...reading over your posts I see no mention of fats anywhere in your diet? :confused:

You look great though..unbelievable progress. Based on the size of your chest and shoulders, I'm sure your back is lagging only because you haven't put as much work into it.

Teufelhund
11-12-2003, 12:38 PM
I have a strong natural aversion to greasy foods. I eat fast food less than once/month. I would say most of the fats in my diet come from olive oil and the meat I eat.

Teufelhund
11-12-2003, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by StevenEric
That is one of the more radical before and afters. Not that the before look liked those clown shots you see on tv. You looked like a typical guy..but wow what a differnece. People must really precieve you differently now. Do you notice that social change? Your just one big dude. Congarts on all that hard work. Keep going big man.

Thanks StevenEric
this reply turned out longer than I intended - sorry about that!

Well, my old friends don't seem to know how to treat me now. I think I had been "type-cast" into a certain role in our relationships. I do not play the role of skinny ultra self-conscious socially awkward computer dork as well as I used to.

My family is wierd about it, too. They are like "Why are you doing that?" Of course they're mostly fat as ****, so I don't pay much attention. Still pisses my mom off when I go to the gym while she's visiting, though.

New friends just have a hard time believing that the guy in the pic is me. Most of my new friends are into working out.

The social change is great, though. From my perspective, I'm the exact same guy I was, but the people around me treat me entirely differently. People will give you a lot of respect just because you're bigger than the average guy. I feel great about myself, probably for the first time ever. I just love everything about this lifestyle. The best part has to be when you catch a fine ass girl checking you out, though. I'm married, but damn - its nice to be, umm, appreciated! :)

heh, strangers in the tunnels downtown even walk up to me and ask fitness/bb related questions when I'm out at lunch. That never fails to impress.

Teufelhund
11-12-2003, 04:55 PM
sure thing. I just reread it and my reply sounds a little conceited now, though. Oh well.

About that body fat estimate... Anybody any good at that?

geoffgarcia
11-12-2003, 05:20 PM
great job bro, thats one of the biggest before/after differences that I've ever seen

You look huge thats for sure! no stretch marks from such fast growth?

you dont look like your carrying to much bf, maybe in the 14-15% range, so try out a cut and get started working on that diet and you'll be there before ya know it!!!

Teufelhund
11-12-2003, 06:22 PM
Thanks Geoff. The stupid little electronic dealy kept telling me 19%. It might be a while before I work up the nerve to cut. I'm scared I'll lose all the muscle and keep the fat - that would really suck.

I have a one inch long little pink stretch mark at the corner of each armpit. I guess all the vitamin e I've been taking paid off. My sisters both got hellacious stretch marks at pregnancy, so I don't think I have any genetic resistance to it.

*edit - In that front bi shot, you can kinda see one of them. I remember when I first discovered I had them - I was so excited! Almost comparable to growing that first chest hair, LOL...

Scott S
11-12-2003, 08:53 PM
Where's your willpower dude?? When I'm working out with friends, I do whatever I planned to. If they need a spot, then sure...

;)

BTW, I've been pretty skinny myself, but I'm *starting* to field reactions from people. My mom and girlfriend both have noticed that I'm getting more muscular. It's cool. :D

SquareHead
11-12-2003, 08:59 PM
Dude cutting is for girls like Galileo don't do it. lol
J/K well j/k that cutting is for girls, but Galileo is still a girl I was not kidding about that. Just recover for a while take it easy keep an eye on your calories. Eat clean. Then go on a good clean cut. Take measurements keep up w/ weight and adjust cals and such as you need to you will be fine..

Teufelhund
11-12-2003, 10:01 PM
Scott- It was cool. I'm glad Circuit was there, it was a great workout. I've got wicked chest DOMS right now, so I think I must have hit it pretty well. My back, lats, and biceps are killing me from yesterday's back workout, too. Its the best feeling when people start to take note of the changes, isn't it? Wait until you stumble across someone who hasn't seen you in a long time and they flip out at how big you've gotten.

Squarehead - yep. Recovery is where I'm at. I guess its been about a month now, still haven't lost any weight. Got a few little zits at first, and for 2 days I felt real "down", but then it was OK. Zits are gone. I actually may have gained 3 pounds(need to verify tomorrow - might just need to drop the kids off at the pool). I just plan to take it easy, not work out too much, as I tend to do, and try to eat a lot. Its not nearly as bad as I thought it was going to be.

rookiebldr
11-12-2003, 10:06 PM
I'm still waiting to show enough changes to really make them stand out and notice. They noticed the weight loss but not the growth. It will be totally sweet to see them notice the bigger changes! Congrats T-hund, I can only imagine the feeling now but I'm determine to know it in real life.

Teufelhund
12-09-2003, 09:12 PM
Comparison pic of me at the end of the cycle versus me now, ~4weeks later (http://www.wannabebigforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=9762)

Tell me what you think! I'm thinking I'm getting fat, but others say I look leaner, even though I've gained 11lbs in that 4 weeks.

Maki Riddington
12-09-2003, 09:17 PM
Comparison pic of me at the end of the cycle versus me now, ~4weeks later (http://www.wannabebigforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=9762)

Tell me what you think! I'm thinking I'm getting fat, but others say I look leaner, even though I've gained 11lbs in that 4 weeks.

*** You looked better "on" then off in my opinion. I guess its your arms that I notice more then anything. You look much leaner now then before also. Either way you're bigger then me and that means I must work harder! :)

Teufelhund
12-09-2003, 09:46 PM
thats what I was thinking, too, Maki.

rookiebldr
12-09-2003, 10:08 PM
I think you look harder in the "on" pics. Great in both though. Keep at it.

Beast
12-10-2003, 01:02 PM
Great pics, TH. I agree with the most of the comments.

BTW, how tall are you?

Also, in regard to the comparison pic, I think you look larger in the first pic. Of course, the lighting and pose are different in both pics.

Teufelhund
12-10-2003, 01:20 PM
Thanks NDBeast. I'm 5'11''.

Yeah, I tried to duplicate the picture, but didn't do too well. I might try again tonight, if I can talk my wife into it.

I was just trying to get a take on where the 11 pounds is. Is it fat? Maybe not if I'm looking leaner, but then again, I do look bigger in the first pic. Where is it???

I ended my bulking cycle in the 2nd or 3rd week of October. Do you guys think its cool to go ahead and try cutting? I figure the sooner I cut, the sooner I can bulk again... :evillaugh

ericg
12-10-2003, 02:36 PM
Your b4s and afters are awesome. As for the on/off pics, it looks like your body is turned at a different angle to the camera in the off pic. Looks like you wiegh more in the 220 pic than the 231 LOL.

fatsoPanda
12-10-2003, 03:52 PM
looking good man, can't wait to see when you lean up.

Teufelhund
12-10-2003, 04:04 PM
Thanks EricG, FatsoPanda.

I have been struck with the urge to get cut -=NOW=-. I'm going to have to be careful, because I'm new to cutting. I don't want to lose the muscle I've gained.

<sniff> I'm scared.

fatsoPanda
12-10-2003, 05:43 PM
just make sure you drop slowly and not to fast, 1lbs - 2lbs. a week is about average.

oldDurst
12-10-2003, 07:48 PM
Dude you look awesome!
I hope I look half as good as you in 2 years.
I'm 32, 5'9 and 220 LBS, started working out Oct 13/03.
If you got any pointers, feel free to drop by my journal !

Me_TiTus
12-29-2003, 05:24 PM
Didnt you gorget nothing?
Chest Maybe

Isaac Wilkins
12-29-2003, 05:33 PM
Didnt you gorget nothing?
Chest Maybe

What the hell are you talking about?

Dude, type clearer.

smalls
12-29-2003, 07:07 PM
I beleive he's foreign so you might want to "chill"
But what ARE you talking about. He posted chest pics.

Teufelhund
12-29-2003, 07:48 PM
Me=confuzored.

Isaac Wilkins
12-29-2003, 08:50 PM
I beleive he's foreign so you might want to "chill"
But what ARE you talking about. He posted chest pics.

I believe so too, but a lot of this is typographical error. When I type in French I consult a dictionary so that I may be understood.

Teufelhund
12-29-2003, 09:40 PM
I posted these links in my journal, but I think I will get a wider range of responses from this thread. I am looking for a critique of my squat and SLDL. Be nice! :)

I think there is some knee bend on the SLDLs that I need to get rid of.

The squats are with 275, the SLDLs are with 315.

Teufel Squats (http://home.houston.rr.com/kceva/Teufel Squats.wmv)
Teufel SLDLs (http://home.houston.rr.com/kceva/Teufel SLDLs.wmv)

Saint Patrick
12-29-2003, 10:15 PM
I'm a little late here, but you're looking fookin buff in those pics.

Good form on the lifts too. Good to know I'm not the only one who uses the sissy pad for squats :p

Teufelhund
12-29-2003, 10:26 PM
LOL, oops! did I leave that on there??? :angel:

Thanks Patty. I'm trying to get my legs caught up.

ericg
12-30-2003, 05:55 AM
Both lifts look awesome. I dont think you need to worry about the knee bend on the sldls, just as long as you keep that same amount of bend throughout the entire rep. Some people like to keep their legs perfectly straight (Straight Led Dead Lift), and some like to have a bend in their knee (like you) which is called a Stiff Leg Dead Lift. Just keep it stiff, lol. Again, impressive lifts with good form. Keep up the hard work bro.

Livin Truth
12-30-2003, 10:18 AM
very strong looking. just work on them lats, i need to use my own advice haha..train hard.LT

Teufelhund
12-30-2003, 03:32 PM
Eric - I appreciate the advice. Thanks.

Thanks LT. Yeah - I've been trying to work the lats more.

staggard
01-01-2004, 07:27 PM
Looking huge bro... awesome work, you've come a long way.. thanks for the clips. now i sorta see what i'm doing wrong with lower back.

Teufelhund
01-02-2004, 09:38 AM
Oh man, something about other people using that video as a guide makes me a little nervous! Please look at some other examples before making any decisions about your form. I posted it here because I thought maybe I was doing something wrong.

Oh and thanks!

Big o Boy
01-02-2004, 09:53 AM
I'm a little late also, but that 1st front picture will haunt my dreams forever. Those veins in both arms are awesome. You look like you can press a ton of weight. And you back that up in your journal. Keep it up man. :thumbup:

Teufelhund
01-02-2004, 10:23 AM
Wow, dream haunting... Thats wicked cool! Thanks, BoB!

LOL, sadly, I can't press sh!t for my weight... 315 is the most I've ever benched, and its ugly. I think I'm pretty good with the Fly's though. I heard somewhere that wide shouldered guys have a harder time with the presses... I believe it. Well, Thats my excuse, anyway.

ddzc
01-03-2004, 10:43 AM
WOW, looking great man. In comparison to the before pic you have made a tremendous increase in size. Great job, keep up the good work. The only advise I have is to start getting cut

Anthony
01-03-2004, 11:03 AM
There is nothing wrong with having some bend in your knee on SLDL. I tend to take a narrow stance and touch the floor, but the bend in the leg is similar.

For squats, I noticed your reps started low and slowly got higher and higher. They look good, but you may want to focus on going the same depth each rep. And get rid of that damn pad, your traps are big enough to cushion!

Keep up the good work!

Teufelhund
01-05-2004, 08:37 AM
ddzc - yeah, I'm working on the cutting thing. Its not very fun, so I don't know how long it'll last...

Anthony - Thanks for the input, man. LOL, If those are your legs in the pic, I'll take any advice you've got! I did try a narrower stance this week on the SLDLs. It makes it a little harder doesn't it - I think I felt it a little more in my back. Do you know what the advantage of a narrower stance is?

I am attempting to ween myself off of the sissy pad. I made it to my set of 315's without it, then broke down and stuck it on there for 405.

Mik
01-05-2004, 09:10 AM
Lifts look impressive T! Like you, I've got a slight bend in the knees throughout. As has been said just keep the bend the same throughout (which you obviously do).

Anthony
01-05-2004, 02:53 PM
Teufelhund, you're legs are bigger than mine, but thanks. :) The reason I take a narrow stance is I get more stretch in my hamstrings. The wider you stand = closer to the ground = less stretch.

ThreeD
01-05-2004, 02:59 PM
Lookin good bro, definately got good size all over. Horseshoe is lookin sweet :)

Maki Riddington
01-07-2004, 10:47 PM
Nice vids. Looking big Tell. I like.

Teufelhund
01-07-2004, 10:56 PM
Thanks guys.

Anthony, if those are your legs then I think you must have the only case of dysmorphia on the planet worse than mine, lol. Those legs must be twice the circumference of mine.

Anthony
01-08-2004, 04:33 AM
In that pic (yes it's me) they were 25.5", but it's from last September. I'm only 5'7, so that's probably why they seem bigger. Right now they are ~26.25". But thanks! :D

Teufelhund
02-27-2004, 02:09 PM
*Resurrects thread*

Well, I weighed myself at 236 yesterday. YAY! :cool: I wanna see 250 sometime this year. That would be cool. These are the same as the pics I posted in my journal, if you've already seen those.

Front Relaxed (http://www.wannabebigforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=10588)
Front Flexed - neckchain cutting off blood to brain (http://www.wannabebigforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=10589)
Flexed Arm, stretch marks getting a little red (http://www.wannabebigforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=10590)
My flat hairy back. I think this was supposed to be a lat spread. :( (http://www.wannabebigforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=10591)
My flat hairy back part II (http://www.wannabebigforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=10592)

I took leg pictures, but they turned out so terrible I'll not be posting them. I'll try again this weekend. I swear I've been working them out, but from the looks of those pics, you'd think I spent the last 6 weeks in a wheelchair. I'll try again this weekend.

antek
02-27-2004, 02:21 PM
*Resurrects thread*

Well, I weighed myself at 236 yesterday. YAY! :cool: I wanna see 250 sometime this year. That would be cool.

Front Relaxed (http://www.wannabebigforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=10588)
Front Flexed - neckchain cutting off blood to brain (http://www.wannabebigforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=10589)
Flexed Arm, stretch marks getting a little red (http://www.wannabebigforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=10590)
My flat hairy back. I think this was supposed to be a lat spread. :( (http://www.wannabebigforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=10591)
My flat hairy back part II (http://www.wannabebigforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=10592)

I took leg pictures, but they turned out so terrible I'll not be posting them. I'll try again this weekend. I swear I've been working them out, but from the looks of those pics, you'd think I spent the last 6 weeks in a wheelchair. I'll try again this weekend.

Great progress man, you're starting to get some deffinition in the midsection. 250? that's crazy, I assume you don't do cardio. Great job so far :thumbup:

Teufelhund
02-27-2004, 02:46 PM
Well, after I hit 210-220 cardio really started to suck.

X-force24
02-27-2004, 02:55 PM
Thick!

Allenronm
02-27-2004, 04:32 PM
very thick!

Teufelhund
02-27-2004, 07:14 PM
Thanks X-force, Allen

JustinASU
02-27-2004, 07:22 PM
you're the man Teuf, you look awesome.

Teufelhund
02-27-2004, 08:13 PM
:D Thanks Justin!

Maki Riddington
02-27-2004, 09:14 PM
Front Flexed - neckchain cutting off blood to brain

*** Well done, I mean you look "well done" there. Ya I know, bad joke.

Teufelhund
02-27-2004, 09:26 PM
LOL, yep. when I strain I turn red as a beet. Haven't been in the tanning booth in forever now. The spring break crowd has been monopolizing it. Our gym just has the one bed.

staggard
02-28-2004, 10:02 AM
lookin huge teuf, thats an awesome pic w/the chain,

Teufelhund
02-28-2004, 11:40 AM
LOL, thanks staggard. I kinda like that one too. Of course, if you could see my face in that one it would be more funny than anything. I have not yet mastered the art of posing without looking like I'm getting a prostate exam.

heathj
02-28-2004, 03:57 PM
I'd say you look damn awesome. Work on those legs though!

Planning on cutting for summer?

Big o Boy
02-28-2004, 06:10 PM
cutting?? EWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!

:D

Teufelhund
02-28-2004, 10:48 PM
Heath - I'm working the legs... Its just taking some time, I guess. They don't seem to like to grow like the rest of me.

When I find a someone who can tell me what to eat and when to eat it, and what to do in the gym, then I'll attempt another cut. I'm OK at stuffing my face, but it looks like I truly truly suck at dieting. I also don't want to cut bad enough to risk losing muscle, and I figure as long as the bulk does not get out of control, I'm ok where I'm at.

heathj
02-29-2004, 11:00 PM
Look at other people's diets and modify yours to your liking with foods you like instead, etc.

rookiebldr
03-01-2004, 06:25 AM
Look at other people's diets and modify yours to your liking with foods you like instead, etc.

I think that's what he did. But he modified it to include pizza, wings and pasta. :eek:

Relentless
03-01-2004, 08:19 AM
*Resurrects thread*

Well, I weighed myself at 236 yesterday. YAY! :cool: I wanna see 250 sometime this year. That would be cool. These are the same as the pics I posted in my journal, if you've already seen those.

Good work T-hund.

the triceps showing at the side in the front flexed is impressive. I hadn't noticed that on your previous pix but it looks excellent there

I'm troubled though... why does it look like you're grabbing your unit in the front-relaxed pic? actually, on second thought maybe I don't want to know.

ElPietro
03-01-2004, 08:30 AM
Wow, you look nothing like your avatar! :D

Great work!

Teufelhund
03-01-2004, 09:04 AM
StevenEric - Thanks man, I think its about time for a new chain, too. That one in the pic is 19". It was a replacement for an 18" chain I outgrew last year. lol, My mom gave me that chain when my son was born, in late September. oh well, someday we'll be rich again and I'll go out and buy a big fat pimp chain :D!

heethj, Rook - LOL! Don't be knockin' the pasta, man! I love pasta. I can live without pizza and I think wings are a friggin nasty mess. I don't know, much of my calories come from weightgainer shakes, so I though last time, I'd just up the cardio and drop a few weightgainer shakes, and all would be good. Nope - seems like I kept a good part of the fat, lost a little muscle and a whole lot of strength. I just need to study up and try to lock down my diet now and get some numbers on what I've been eating so that I can tell what I would need to drop it to to cut. I think.

Callahan - Thanks man, I love working the tri's. Here is link to another pic that shows how they pop out sometimes (http://www.wannabebigforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=10593)
As for the other, I tend to push my stomach out, so I was tring to make it flat to show the little definition I have. Anyway, I don't really know what my hand was doing down there. I don't think I was touching myself... lol

ElPietro - Yeah, that avatar pic was taken after a pretty hard night's drinkin'. I've been meaning to update it... ;)

Xand
03-01-2004, 08:40 PM
Damn!

Beast
03-01-2004, 10:48 PM
Looking great as usual! You're huge. I like the triceps coming out as Callahan pointed out, too. I want that! Keep up the awesome work.

Also, if you're squatting 405 for reps, your legs can't be that bad. :p

Teufelhund
03-01-2004, 11:24 PM
LOL, thats exactly what I was thinking. But then I saw the pics. :( Just so no one misunderstands, the 405 squats are not as deep as my other squats, but they're getting close.

My main complaint is that they have very little definition, especially compared to the rest of me.

oldDurst
03-02-2004, 06:55 PM
dude your a freakin monster !

rookiebldr
03-02-2004, 07:00 PM
:whiner:

;) Just post them!

Teufelhund
03-02-2004, 11:37 PM
I don't know why I'm doing this, lol.

Here are my legs. like I said, they suck. But its not because I'm not beating the crap out of 'em every week. I'm usually sore as hell from Sunday (leg day) to Thursday.

they are 27.5 at top, about 25 mid quad, calf is 16.5.

Anthony
03-03-2004, 04:25 AM
I am surprised in the difference between your upper and lower body. Not to say the lower is bad (closing in on 28" isn't bad, imo), but your upper body is overpowering. Obviously you are training lower if you can squat 405x10 ... but they say it can take years to build an awesome set of wheels.

Teufelhund
03-03-2004, 08:37 AM
Yeah, I know. It sucks.

LOL - how many years does it take to get to decent ones? Its been like 2 1/2 years now.

Maybe I should switch to 2 lighter lower body workouts/week instead of one big one.

rookiebldr
03-03-2004, 09:31 AM
I don't know why I'm doing this, lol.

Because they aren't as bad as you make them out to be.

You know what I think, they look good. Lots of thickness with some definition. As Anthony said, it's likely to take more time for those to reach their full potential.

Shaving helps too. ;)

GrumpyTX
03-03-2004, 09:48 AM
I think you need to switch up your routine to shock them. Lay off the squats for awhile.

Focus more on defining. Leg extensions, leg curls, and leg press. Take part of the focus off of the hips and butt and this will help to make your legs look bigger and more defined. Your legs look very thick. Definition will make them look even bigger.

Just my opinion.

I rarely do squats and my wheels were up to 31" prior to taking a year off when my daughter was born. Just started back up at the gym a couple weeks ago and my legs are a little over 27" currently.

Take a look at my leg program in my journal and try it for a month and see if you can tell a difference.

Grumpys journal. It is on the second page since I work out today in the PM, I havent added todays info to it.

Link http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?p=730736#post730736

Teufelhund
03-03-2004, 10:59 AM
rook, thanks man. No shaving until there's at least a little definition, although I'll probably trim it. They would look like girl's legs shaved. I'd be too embarassed to go to the gym.

Grumpy - Welcome to the board, buddy. you're in Texas? You in the Houston area by chance?
I'm not sure about no more squats. It sure would give me tons more energy for the rest of my leg workout. Anyone else have thoughts on this?

GrumpyTX
03-03-2004, 11:12 AM
Allen, just north of Dallas.

Try it for a month in order to shock your legs and get them out of the same old routine. It is sort of like doing concentration curls for the biceps. If you focus all of the energy into the 3 main "visible" muscles, they will respond.

I use to never do squats and found that once I did start doing them, my ass blew up but my legs still looked the same. But that may just be me. I found that by doing leg presses, I was able to concentrate more on the thighs and remove my ass from the equation almost completely. Use the leg extensions and curls to really focus on the 3 "visible" muscles of the leg to add more depth and size to round out the leg.

Like I said, it is just my opinion. Your legs look really thick, just need to get some cut in them and balance them out.

GrumpyTX
03-03-2004, 11:13 AM
Oh, btw, your upper body is looks awesome.

I think this is a better pic of your legs:

http://www.wannabebigforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=9459

They look pretty proportionate. Just get them cut up a little more and they will look alot bigger.

Teufelhund
03-03-2004, 03:08 PM
I think I might give your suggestion a try. That'll also give me a chance to rest up my back a little and do some deads on back day.

Thanks Grumpy. We'll see how it goes.

Relentless
03-03-2004, 03:15 PM
t-hund I think that you may simply be carrying more BF in your legs than upper body... it's just genetics.

looks like there's enough mass in your lower legs and if you lean up, that mass will show thru

you don't have chicken legs by any stretch of the imagination

if your legs still don't look good after a cut, THEN i'd start worrying. ;)

staggard
03-03-2004, 06:54 PM
you can see definition and stuff, i think that is more lighting issues then anything

BCC
03-03-2004, 09:43 PM
There's nothing wrong with your legs man. They're right on par.

Teufelhund
03-04-2004, 09:25 AM
:D Thanks everyone. Grumpy that pic you found of me is from like 17lbs ago. I don't see much difference in the legs between then and now at all. The weights have been going up though. I guess I'm just disappointed that they don't seem to be taking shape like the rest of me. LOL, I've had a printout of bigalyon's legs in my office desk drawer marked "The Goal" for like 4 months now.BigALyons' legs (http://www.wannabebigforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=9673)

Chase - what do you think of GrumpyTX's suggestion to maybe switch it up and lay off the squats for a while? To focus more on definition, with extensions, presses, and leg curls?

BCC
03-04-2004, 09:40 AM
I don't think definition can be focused on per say, but you don't have to squat to have well developed legs. I periodically lay off squats myself.

Teufelhund
03-04-2004, 12:49 PM
Cool. I'll probably do it for a little bit then, and see how it goes. Thanks Chase.

briancurran01
03-11-2004, 07:25 PM
damn T i wish my legs looked that "bad"

rookiebldr
03-18-2004, 08:40 AM
lol, yeah Brian, I just wish I looked that bad period!

BigPaul
03-18-2004, 09:36 AM
wow...your a big mother!
very inspiring to see....keep us updated.

Teufelhund
03-18-2004, 10:57 AM
:) Thanks guys.

SW
06-21-2004, 01:22 PM
intimidating..... looking real good man lol

voodazz
06-21-2004, 04:41 PM
crap! I'm 5'11 and 220 and I don't look that big. That ain't right. Impressive though.

Teufelhund
06-21-2004, 04:50 PM
Whoah, I didn't expect to see this thread pop up again, lol. Thanks guys.

Well, only the first set of pics was at 220. The second set of pictures was at 236, and right now I weigh 240(no pics of that). I'm hoping for at least a nice 250 by the end of the year.

JustinASU
06-21-2004, 07:31 PM
I hate you...Im back down to 220 thanks to my ****in injury.

Teufelhund
06-22-2004, 06:37 AM
Sorry to hear that man; and I hope you heal up soon. But don't hate me cuz I'm beautiful. :p

<double guns>

Groove75
06-22-2004, 07:41 AM
Most Muscular

Hopping to get where you are at one day.... wait a minute, I will get there by next year... MOTIVATION!!!!

By the way do you have a before pic... we seem to have the same build?

Cheers!

Teufelhund
06-22-2004, 07:58 AM
I posted some befores on the first page of this thread, and here are some more from my journal. Be warned. I was a pasty white anorexic loner computer geek. The ones at the fron of this thread are I guess about 3 years old now. The ones attached below are a few years older than that.

http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?p=777462#post777462

Groove75
06-22-2004, 08:17 AM
I posted some befores on the first page of this thread, and here are some more from my journal. Be warned. I was a pasty white anorexic loner computer geek. The ones at the fron of this thread are I guess about 3 years old now. The ones attached below are a few years older than that.

http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?p=777462#post777462

That's amazing.... Your an insparation...

I'm more in the category of shedding some fat to then add on muscle... I'm a large frammed person, so there is not that much fat to get rid of.

I'm thinking that by the end of the summer I will be able to post some before and after pics. I used to weight 310lbs about 4 years ago. I'm now down to 248 or so... my goal is 210 by October...

How many times a week sdo you work out? Right now I just got back to it... It's been a month, 3 times a week + 1 game of squash. I do 3 sessions of cardio and 2 of lifting. Dos this seem to much, or not enough?

Thanks

Teufelhund
06-22-2004, 08:54 AM
Wow, 62lbs lost is nothing to be ashamed of. Nice job. I work out 5 days a week most of the time. I might do cardio once or twice a week. I think 3 sessions of cardio/week is great for you. I would try to get at least 3 sessions of lifting in per week as well, though. But if you are dieting hard, 2 good sessions may be all your body can handle. I am not by any means a dieting guru. I've never had to diet before in my life, so I'm not much help I'm afraid.

Keep up the great work man, looks like you're aiming for 2 lbs/week. Stay on top of it and adjust your calories when it starts to slip. 40lbs lost is guaranteed to reduce your caloric requirements significantly.

Groove75
06-22-2004, 09:09 AM
Wow, 62lbs lost is nothing to be ashamed of. Nice job. I work out 5 days a week most of the time. I might do cardio once or twice a week. I think 3 sessions of cardio/week is great for you. I would try to get at least 3 sessions of lifting in per week as well, though. But if you are dieting hard, 2 good sessions may be all your body can handle. I am not by any means a dieting guru. I've never had to diet before in my life, so I'm not much help I'm afraid.

Keep up the great work man, looks like you're aiming for 2 lbs/week. Stay on top of it and adjust your calories when it starts to slip. 40lbs lost is guaranteed to reduce your caloric requirements significantly.

Thanks for the advice. I will keep you posted with my progress.

Cheers!

Focused70
07-12-2004, 10:07 PM
Um, Deltmastah T 2004 Saint Patrick, Inc. All rights reserved , your calves aren't small. They're on the verge of becoming cows.

Keep up the amazing work!

Stash-ito

Teufelhund
07-14-2004, 08:29 AM
*moo*

Thanks Soba, but yeah. they're still small. 16.25" at last measure.

Jezmason
07-14-2004, 11:42 AM
Overall brilliant build! The shoulders look amazing, really strong shoulders dude.

savdout209
10-09-2004, 12:13 AM
do you work for the CIA? :hide:

Teufelhund
10-09-2004, 08:29 AM
lol - obscurring your face is a common practice when posting half-naked pics of yourself on the internet. If nothing else, it makes you a little less attractive to the male porn sites.

savdout209
10-09-2004, 11:18 AM
haha..amazing transformation bro. keep up the good work :thumbup:

FawkItzTommy
10-12-2004, 09:29 PM
damn, great job man... look like a freaking wrestler man!!

Teufelhund
10-13-2004, 01:01 PM
Thanks guys.

Buffster
07-10-2005, 11:56 AM
Damn your a big boy, two things you should work on in my eyes, lower arms and your legs. Either way, you're huge!

greetz,
Ron

Focused70
03-10-2006, 09:59 AM
By the way, I just wanted to let you know that whenever I want a jolt of inspiration, I just look at Toofy's before and after pics.

It's simply unbelievable.

Pasha
03-10-2006, 12:30 PM
I hate you!

rofl, this was my immidiate reaction after seeing hte first pic. 2 years... thats a big mofo.

I envy you.:bow: . u are now my ideal physique.

Canadian Crippler
03-10-2006, 12:33 PM
I hope I'm this big after 6 years!

Detard
03-10-2006, 04:05 PM
your a monster

eps
03-10-2006, 04:17 PM
HOLY **** you made a great transformation. I hope I get as big as you one day. Keep up the good work!! :bow:

mooseusaf
03-10-2006, 04:54 PM
lookin forward for your next set of pics. i got like a month before i post some more pics.

Focused70
06-13-2006, 08:57 AM
Time for bumpage.

Toofy needs all the attention he can get.

;)

sdre
06-13-2006, 11:45 AM
dun wanna sound like an avid gay fan, but dude, your body's my goal. i hope to look like that some day.

cheers

Teufelhund
06-14-2006, 01:08 PM
LOL, Thanks guys. I've had some setbacks recently, but I'm back at it again!

Just amazes me that this thread is still popping up... :D

Beast
06-14-2006, 01:09 PM
lol, good job, Toyf.

getfit
06-14-2006, 01:11 PM
Casey is teh bomb! :D

d'Anconia
06-14-2006, 01:38 PM
Damn dude those first pics I was like "whoa", and realized it was from a few years back...
Nice work man, would love to see some new stuff.

rookiebldr
06-14-2006, 04:14 PM
Stash, really, must you inflate his ego more! ;)