PDA

View Full Version : Visceral BF And Subcutaneous BF??

defcon
11-09-2003, 05:07 AM
Okay.. let me get this straight.. Subcutaneous Bf is basically the fat in stubborn areas, lowe abs/love handels right? While Visceral BF is the bf around organs and such?

Is there either way to "target" which type of fat you lose while cutting, example; more cardio attacks Visceral and less calories reduces Subcutaneous.. or what? Also, im not looking for info about the ab-solved supplements ect ect. Just wondering if its possible to target 1 type of fat ver the other.. or do they both be used simitaniously while on hypocalorie diets.

Shao-LiN
11-09-2003, 08:33 AM
First in, last out. You just have to lose fat all over.

bradley
11-09-2003, 09:25 AM
Originally posted by Shao-LiN
First in, last out. You just have to lose fat all over.

While I agree, somewhat, studies have shown reductions in SAT to be related to activity.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?cmd=Retrieve&db=PubMed&list_uids=9432085&dopt=Abstract
"It is suggested that the decrease in SFM, but not VFM, is proportional to the amount of aerobic exercise training. A change in VFM appears to be related to an deficit in caloric balance either by dietary restriction (decrease caloric intake) or by increased caloric expenditure."

bradley
11-09-2003, 09:26 AM
Originally posted by defcon
Okay.. let me get this straight.. Subcutaneous Bf is basically the fat in stubborn areas, lowe abs/love handels right? While Visceral BF is the bf around organs and such?

That is correct.

Is there either way to "target" which type of fat you lose while cutting, example; more cardio attacks Visceral and less calories reduces Subcutaneous.. or what? Also, im not looking for info about the ab-solved supplements ect ect. Just wondering if its possible to target 1 type of fat ver the other.. or do they both be used simitaniously while on hypocalorie diets.

See my post above.:)

defcon
11-09-2003, 05:09 PM
Thanx Guys.

Shao-lin - i know i gotta lose fat all over and i can't spot reduce etc etc.. Was just wondering if there was a way to remove a certian type of fat more prodominatly spelling? ) .

Brad - thanx, just what i was lookin for :D