PDA

View Full Version : Horrible Eggs !!!!

YatesNightBlade
02-09-2001, 01:53 AM
What the hell are those red blood bits in eggs ?
I always try to find em and put em in the bin instead of my mouth .... I found one the other day ... and it resembled a small chic .... it put me off .... and I still had 5 more to eat.

Anthony
02-09-2001, 02:56 AM
If that is common I would find a different brand of eggs! :)

Joe Black
02-09-2001, 03:58 AM
I agree with Anthony.....

I never experience that in eggs.. Just good ole yolk and whites :)

Frankster
02-09-2001, 07:31 AM
That can happen sometime, but if it happense frequently, them change egg brand for sure because they probably dont have a good quality testing policy. they pass the eggs under a light to see any defect in the eggs and eliminate the ones that are not good. Something is not being done somewere if you frequently find blood in your eggs. It never happened to me.

YatesNightBlade
02-09-2001, 08:01 AM
Honestly guys I find little Red bits in most of my eggs .... From various places .... TESCOS, ASDA and other supermarkets. Maybe it's just me that can see them !!!!.

The_Chicken_Daddy
02-09-2001, 08:01 AM
The eggs you buy from supermarkets and wherever you buy them, are from female pens only. i.e. No males have been near them. (this is quite obvious).

Think of the egg as the womb, the white as the placenta and the yolke as the stuff that comes out as after-birth.(not a pretty picture i realise!)

The blood is just what would have been the embryo/foetus/chick if it had been fertilised, but because they don't come into contact with males, this can't happen.

Eating them can't really hurt you, it is just unpleasant knowing what you are consuming.

But, unless you don't want to be put off eggs for life i suggest you change brands (what Anthony said).

I hope i have put everyone else off eggs though!!:D ;)

YatesNightBlade
02-09-2001, 08:54 AM
I often wondered where you got your name !!!! now I know.

Thanks that was very informative ...... gross but informative.

Budiak
02-09-2001, 10:58 AM
My friend, those are real unadulterated eggs- maybe they are truly "farm fresh", from a local ..uh...eggery. The only place I've ever had eggs with red bits in them is from my father's henhouse, they were absolutely delicious yet sometimes the rooster got to them. It might bug you but its really a mark of freshness!

Franco
02-09-2001, 11:09 AM
I've never had that problem, occasionoly i get eggs that have 2 yolks in them, but thats usually very rare

J-Flyer
02-09-2001, 02:56 PM
Yep, those are fertilized eggs. More Protein :D