PDA

View Full Version : Needed a refeed alrdy?

defcon
11-09-2003, 05:29 PM
Hey people, its been 5 days since my last refeed.. im eating 2100 cals with appox 150gram carbs ( oatmeal and my p/w dextrose ). Well tonight i felt really bad.. headache, dizzy, overall lazy, couldn't focus, ect ect.. SO i decided that i would do a mini carb.. so i went and ate 3.5 cups of oatmeal, now im feeling great.. think that my body needed that mini carb? maybe for this diet i will do a mini carb up every 4-5 days.. instead od eating 10 cups of otameal on 1 day for my refeed..

Any ideas/suggestions about this?

bradley
11-10-2003, 02:13 AM
Originally posted by defcon
Hey people, its been 5 days since my last refeed.. im eating 2100 cals with appox 150gram carbs ( oatmeal and my p/w dextrose ). Well tonight i felt really bad.. headache, dizzy, overall lazy, couldn't focus, ect ect.. SO i decided that i would do a mini carb.. so i went and ate 3.5 cups of oatmeal, now im feeling great.. think that my body needed that mini carb? maybe for this diet i will do a mini carb up every 4-5 days.. instead od eating 10 cups of otameal on 1 day for my refeed..

Any ideas/suggestions about this?

In the end you are the one that has to determine when you refeed, and if that refeed was necessary. There is no way to determine when someone else needs a refeed, and the best we can do is speculate.:)

From what you described above it sounds as though a refeed was warranted, or you might have total calories too low to begin with. The mini carb up will not slow progress to any great degree, but one has to wonder what you have experienced the same feeling only eating a small amount of carbs rather than a large amount?

If the small refeed helps you stay on your diet and not binge then I see nothing wrong with incorporating something like this into your weekly dieting strategy. Although I doubt the refeed you described above would be large enough to boost leptin levels to any significant degree, and most of the benefits are probably purely psychological.

Sorry I missed your PM, but I hope this helps.:)

defcon
11-10-2003, 05:03 AM
Yup, it helps.. and its okay about the PM :P

Well im just gonna keep using my 45p/25c/30f 2100 cal diet and see how many days i go before i feel a refeed would be nesscary.

AJ_11
11-10-2003, 09:59 PM
well I refeed tomorro, and I told myself if I am good w/ dieting for a couple of day, no carb, and low carb day, then I will allow myself for a nice refeed.

I even bought some fat free/ suger free ice cream.

Shroud
11-10-2003, 10:11 PM
In the end you are the one that has to determine when you refeed
:withstupi
If you go from feeling crappy and sluggish to feeling great then I think you've discovered what your body is craving. "Feeling great" is a real good sign that your body and hormones are all in the proper state.

defcon
11-11-2003, 06:03 AM
thanx guys, this board is so cool! * says in a girly voice * Okay.. i need to get back to studying :P

* start vent *
#&(^$(#& engineering midterms, #(&$* them all!
* /end vent *