PDA

View Full Version : working out on a cold day

seth042280
11-10-2003, 03:40 PM
My bench is outside and tonite is my bench day ..it will be about 45 to 50 degrees outside. I am wondering if anyone has ever worked out in the cold before and if you have had any difference in the workout. not sure if this is gonna be a good thing or not ..I will try to stay warm .

DEADLIFT4405
11-10-2003, 06:13 PM
I dont know if it makes a difference or not, but I used to lift in my garage, and I live in florida and everything but the winters can get pretty low for florida- down to 20-30 degrees f. I loved benching in the cold weather. I have no idea why either though, but thats a good idea, I'm going to do that one day. It gets my adrenaline pumping just thinking about it. I guess because the weather had a dramatic change, so I relate that to my lifts. Something mental I guess. (goosebumps):moon:

Budiak
11-11-2003, 02:17 AM
Just wear some snap pants and a light sweatshirt, perhaps a hoodie. If you work out intensely enough, thats all you'll need after a few sets.

funkenstein
11-15-2003, 10:32 AM
Yeah, our workout equipment is on our front porch where there is no insulation, and of course im in Canada where its nice a warm :) so yeah i workout in the cold all the time, right now its probably about 20 degrees out there, but its not bad at all, i just wear pants, shirt and sweater after a couple sets your good to go.

Shroud
11-15-2003, 11:39 AM
Wasn't there just a thread about this exact topic?