PDA

View Full Version : Theoritically would this diet work?

Dedicated
11-11-2003, 06:38 AM
I want to lose bf but I don't want to lose muscle and I don't want to count every single calorie. I have a difficult time counting exact calories since much of the food I eat is home cooked. I maintain at 3000 calories it seems, but according to calculators this number is closer to 2619 calories. I have lost weight before but this was eating 1200-1800 calories and the weight loss was too fast. My plan is to do the following.

Eat 3 meals a day that are under 1000 calories each

Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner, with all three meals under 1000 calories each and definitely over 600 calories I'm sure

Would this work, my calorie range would prolly vary from 1800 to 2900ish on a given day.

defcon
11-11-2003, 07:00 AM
If you maintain at 3000 cals.. then yes.. you will lose weight. But, eating 3 meals a day.. and i do not see pre/post w/o meals/shakes.. so you would lose great amounts of muslce.

You should eat as many meals a day as possible IMO, with your carbs pre/post w/o and @ breakfast.

Shao-LiN
11-11-2003, 10:19 AM
All my meals I cook at home and I'm able to count calories just fine.

geoffgarcia
11-12-2003, 09:21 AM
Originally posted by Dedicated
I want to lose bf but I don't want to lose muscle and I don't want to count every single calorie. I have a difficult time counting exact calories since much of the food I eat is home cooked. I maintain at 3000 calories it seems, but according to calculators this number is closer to 2619 calories.

2600 sounds about right
I'm 5'10 and weigh 190lbs and my maintain zone is roughly between 2300-2800, hard to nail it down

I have lost weight before but this was eating 1200-1800 calories and the weight loss was too fast.

sounds pretty catabolic, so I'd question what exactly you were losing, probably mostly muscle and little fat

Eat 3 meals a day that are under 1000 calories each

Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner, with all three meals under 1000 calories each and definitely over 600 calories I'm sure

Would this work, my calorie range would prolly vary from 1800 to 2900ish on a given day.
what meals did you have in mind? 1000 calories is a ton for a single meal (assuming its healthy)

Dedicated
11-12-2003, 10:35 AM
Usually I eat like this, well I've started too, before I was eating like 5-6 meals, and well quite a few calories I'm sure:)

Morning = 2-3 eggs with 3-4 pieces of bread, sometimes a huge bowl of cereal with milk, I'm big on breakfast, but these calories are very easy to count and I can keep them under control
Lunch = cuban food or something I can count(tuna,frozen pizza etc)
Dinner = same as lunch

With frozen stuff I can count the calories, cause it says it on the packaging. With the cuban food I cook though it's a real pain in the ass to count. It's hard to find a reference considering not everyone cooks the same way etc, especially for cuban food. What I've been doing is keeping the portions under control, like 1 cup of congri, half a pound of meat(chicken,steak,pork,fish), a fistsize portion of yucca, a glass of milk, and maybe a side dish with some fried banana's. I bet a meal like that comes real close to 1000 calories. Again it's hard without a reference. I cook for other people also so I can't just stop cooking, the days I don't have time to cook I'll eat something out of a box, sometimes it's healthy like tuna sometimes it's considered unhealthy like frozen lasagna. However when it comes from a package I can count those calories, so this is a plus I guess in a way lol.

I also supplement with vitamins and EFA's, postworkout I take whey, that's easy cause the calories are on the tub heh, only 120 calories for 20g of proteni. Still gotta buy some dextrose.

sounds pretty catabolic, so I'd question what exactly you were losing, probably mostly muscle and little fat

Yea it was, I did lose some fat though. I'd say 50/50 not sure, sucks...I was doing ****load of cardio too at the time also on an empty stomach in the mornings.

Scott S
11-12-2003, 09:35 PM
*cringes*

geoffgarcia
11-12-2003, 09:44 PM

Yea it was, I did lose some fat though. I'd say 50/50 not sure, sucks...I was doing ****load of cardio too at the time also on an empty stomach in the mornings.

I hope you learned from this mistake
when your on calorie deficit as much as you were you probably wanna minimize the amount that you are burning...

doing all that cardio probably whacked off a crap load more muscle than you an imagine