PDA

View Full Version : Sauna for cutting?

Big o Boy
11-11-2003, 12:37 PM
Is it unhealthy... healthy? I heard it might be good for your pores to clean them out and stuff. But I don't know. I'm not cutting yet or anything, just wanted the low down when I start.

Thanks. ;)

Silverback
11-11-2003, 01:11 PM
I think the main purpose of the sauna and physique interest is that you will shed subcantaneous (beneath the skin) water.

It works well, but dont overdo it, a friend of mine was hospitilised for over a week after spending too long in there!

chops
11-11-2003, 02:24 PM
you might notice a small temporary loss due to water loss thru perspiration, similar to weighing less right after you work out. nothing permanent tho.

re: time in sauna, there's usually warnings posted about not exceeding 15 mins in there, and not using it if you have heart conditions, etc.

geoffgarcia
11-11-2003, 02:44 PM
ditto whats been said....
I wouldn't expect real bf loss

Scott S
11-11-2003, 05:00 PM
I love sitting in saunas. As long as you don't expect anything but water loss, you'll be fine.

defcon
11-11-2003, 06:14 PM
its great.. for fun and relaxing.. but as scott said your just losing water weight.. and with the loss of water due to sweating you will need to drink more water to rehydrate yourself.

Newby81
11-12-2003, 12:18 AM
ummm which gym do you go to where members can walk in nude in the sauna,,,
if i ever caught one of our members nude in the sauna id boot em outta the gym :)
as for the sauna i use it 3-4x a week ,, but only for relaxation,,, besure to take a bottle of h20 in with you to assure hydration,,, also dry saunas have been known to break down lactid acid build up as well as ridding toxins

WestyHeadbanger
11-12-2003, 12:47 AM
H20 is in the air so just keep your mouth open. This shouldn't be a problem if there's naked chicks in the sauna.

Spartacus
11-12-2003, 01:46 AM
ummm which gym do you go to where members can walk in nude in the sauna,,,
if i ever caught one of our members nude in the sauna id boot em outta the gym
as for the sauna i use it 3-4x a week ,, but only for relaxation,,, besure to take a bottle of h20 in with you to assure hydration,,, also dry saunas have been known to break down lactid acid build up as well as ridding toxins

dude saunas were make for getting naked

Madd Hatter
11-12-2003, 06:18 PM
Uhh, yeah. I belong to the crappiest gym in town, and we have 2 saunas in each locker room, and everyone goes in naked. Best to bring a towel to sit on 1) for sanitary concerns 2) you don't burn your balls

wrestlemaniac
11-13-2003, 02:09 AM
The best way I can explain saunas is that it's kind of like skipping meals (only no where near as bad for you). The fact is that you will lose weight for a short time but since it's un-natural your body will retain more fat the next time you eat. I'm pretty sure thats only untill you get back to the size you should be.