PDA

View Full Version : Question on High fat Diets

Steelheart
09-11-2001, 06:19 PM
They say that once you eat fats as opposed to carbs for energy your body will use fats as fuel. But doesnt it have to go through your digested fat first then to your bodyfat?

Just like eating carbs... to get a fat burning effect you need to burn off your carbs then you will start burning fat... hence cardio on an empty stomach.

I ask this cause I have read somewhat on these diets and ready to give them a try.

Steelheart
09-12-2001, 11:03 AM
anyone know?

big calvin
09-12-2001, 12:31 PM
im not to sure on this, im sure others on board can tell u for sure but this is what i was told, is its not once u eat fat u start burning fat, its once u enter ketosis u start using ketones as fuel which is a buyproduct of fat..now on to your question, i think cause the environment your in( fat burning) its alot harder to store calories cause your insulin is low. if insulin is high your in a fat storeage mode...keto diets work so well cause it cuts alot if water out of your system and your not hungry....so cutting caloires is easier....yeah if u eat 2500 caloires its alot better then pigging out, so theres still a caloric guide u should go by . its just easier when your fat intake is 70% of your caloires:D

TvR8oRage
09-12-2001, 03:57 PM
hey read this, it should answer all your questions
hows and why if you have any questions email me
at turbo44@elitefitness.com

http://www.elitefitness.com/articles/ckdmrx.html

Steelheart
09-13-2001, 01:39 PM
mR.x

Im currently in contact with him.