PDA

View Full Version : bw x ??? for cutting cals?

Jasonl
11-11-2003, 08:17 PM
hey, ive been bulking for a while and i'm feeling(and looking) a bit too fat. i know i need to find a cal count below maint. to lose a small amount of weight each week, but i haven't found what exactly it is. could someone give me a rough calorie estimate for bw x ___ for maint. and bw x ___ for cutting? thanks.

the rock
11-11-2003, 10:43 PM
Just go 300 calories above or below maintanance for a week and see how many pounds you lose, if you lose around 1.5 you have found the right cal count but if you didn't just up or drop the cals untill you do.......I think

Newby81
11-11-2003, 10:59 PM
well are you gonna give us a weight to work with or do we guess that???
the general rule to go by for a normal metabolism is :
11-13 cals/lb for cutting
14-16 cals/lb for maintenence
17-20 cals/lb for bulking
it would be much better if you found your maintence before trying any bulking or cutting cycles,, once you know your maintence you will have complete control of your body cutting and bulking will be an easy game !!!!!!
start finding your maintenece by eating 15cal/lb ,,, see how that goes for a week ,,, weigh yourself on an empty tummy in the morn ,,, do the same a week later,, if you lose weight up your calories by 200,,, vise versa ,, the process can sometimes take several weeks but youll be extremley happy when you figure it out

defcon
11-12-2003, 04:59 AM
Originally posted by Newby81
well are you gonna give us a weight to work with or do we guess that???
the general rule to go by for a normal metabolism is :
11-13 cals/lb for cutting
14-16 cals/lb for maintenence
17-20 cals/lb for bulking
it would be much better if you found your maintence before trying any bulking or cutting cycles,, once you know your maintence you will have complete control of your body cutting and bulking will be an easy game !!!!!!
start finding your maintenece by eating 15cal/lb ,,, see how that goes for a week ,,, weigh yourself on an empty tummy in the morn ,,, do the same a week later,, if you lose weight up your calories by 200,,, vise versa ,, the process can sometimes take several weeks but youll be extremley happy when you figure it out

BUMP on that, those numbers are only guesses... an ecto @ 160 lbs would eat a lot more then an endo @ 160 lbs to lose weight.. just decrease by 300 every 10 days or so until you lose 1-2 lbs a week.

Jasonl
11-12-2003, 05:58 PM
i should've been more specific, i'm just looking for a rough number to get a guess of where i should begin, btw, i weigh 205 so i'm gonna try eating about 3000 cals a day and see where that takes me, thanks.

defcon
11-13-2003, 09:24 AM
it will take more htena day.. eat at the same level for a week atleast.

ericg
11-13-2003, 09:42 AM
inho it would be easier to just start subtracting foods from what you are currently eating now. you can measure your progress each week and adjust the cals from there. so if you are bulking now at 3000 cals/day then take away 200 cals away/day and see what happens. if you lose 1lb that week then keep at it, if not then subtract some more. also, play with cardio - eat the 3000 cals, but add 3 days of cardio.

i dont think there is a need to multiply your current mass by some magical number when it seems that you have a grasp on the number of cals it takes to bulk. just play with the cals you are consuming now.

Jasonl
11-13-2003, 07:00 PM
it will take more htena day.. eat at the same level for a week atleast.

oh i know it will take at least a week to figure it out, i was just stating i was going to be consuming 3000 cals per day for a week to see what happens.