PDA

View Full Version : Newbie diet quick questions

Seb
11-12-2003, 05:20 PM
Hi guys.

I havent been able to find that info, maybe I don't know how to search properly...

-First, what is the proper split between proteins, fat, and carbs for bulking? What about cutting?

-Second, is 4000cals enough for a 160lbs hardgainer with fast metabolism who's trying to bulk up? Or do I need more? I'm not gaining much fat with that amount... which is good, I guess?

Thanks!

geoffgarcia
11-12-2003, 05:46 PM
I see your tracking your intake on fitday, thats a good start

1-1.5g of protein per lb of bw
20% fat
rest carbs
for bulking go 500cal over maintenance
for cutting go 500cal under

I've never used fitday, but I'm concerned about the serving information on there.

Does it let you create your own foods and assign true cal/pro/carb/fat values?
or do you have to pick from a list?
if your picking from a list then I'd recommend you start using a pen and paper to track your diet otherwise I'd guess you could be off by as much as 20%

Some of those are VERY suspicious looking

I personally use dietOrganizer, i find it to be an excellent tool, and from what I've seen of fitday I wont be switching

Seb
11-12-2003, 07:56 PM
well, actually for the reasons you mention, and because it's just way too time consuming, as I'm in kind of a rush period right now with school, I stopped (temporarily?) entering my foods in fitday.

it does seem like a doubtful tool, though, as foods sometimes don't match, but I just wanted to get an idea of how much I was eating per day.