PDA

View Full Version : Dry Oats n Hot Sauce.

defcon
11-15-2003, 06:20 AM
hey Guys.. well they main purpose of this journal is just to track my weight loss instead of doing it in my sig.. mainly for personal reasons and to keep a record of my cut. But i'd also like suggestions as to ways i can increase my cutting and get more fass loss, better LBM gains etc etc.

Well let me start off by saying i wanna get to 10% or so bf, then im gonna do a short bulk until the end of march. Then its the final cut for summer.

This is how its went so far..

Week 1 - weigh in @ 183.5 lbs, eating 2100 cals a day + ECA
Week 2 - weigh in @ 178.5 lbs, same diet/supp
Week 3 - weigh in @ 176.5 lbs, same diet/supp
Week 4 - weigh in @ 173.5 lbs, same diet/supp

stoped taking ECA for this week, week 5
Week 5 - weigh in @ xxx.x lbs, same diet, no ECA

This is my Diet:

Meal 1 - 2/3 Cup Dry Oatmeal And 5 Egg Whites
Meal 2 - 1/3 Cup Oatmeal and Tuna
Workout - - - - - -- - - - - - - --
Meal 3 - P/W Shake, Dextrose, Whey, Creatine ( leave out the dextrose if i only done cardio )
Meal 4 - 1/3 Cup Oatmeal and 150g Fat Free Cottage Cheese
Meal 5 - 1/3 Cup oatmeal and 5 Egg Whites
Meal 6 - 25g Peanuts and Pack of Herring Filliets
Meal 7 - Pack of Herring Filliets and 150g Cottage Cheese

ChampionLifter8
11-15-2003, 06:42 AM
good luck man with the weight loss eat clean~!

Dedicated
11-15-2003, 07:26 AM
Goodluck:)

Coke
11-15-2003, 08:23 AM
Best wishes and good luck on reaching all your goals!

:spam:

defcon
11-15-2003, 09:09 AM
thanx guys, as a note, tommorow is gonna be a refeed day :) Look out bagels! 5 packs of Dempsters easy :) Wed. is my weigh in.. i wonder how much above 173.5 im gonna be

Saint Patrick
11-15-2003, 03:57 PM
good luck w/ the cut

chops
11-15-2003, 04:24 PM
heya, good luck. im gonna have to try out that frank's sauce!

defcon
11-15-2003, 04:46 PM
its good, trust me :) LOAD it with hotsauce.. like if you cook oatmeal with water.. replace the water with hot sauce ( but don't cook it :P )

defcon
11-17-2003, 04:51 AM
I had my refeed sunday, i think i over done it :P 12 muffins, 1 box of fruit loops, half box of shredded wheat, 7 begals, 1 loaf of white bread :P

defcon
11-19-2003, 05:00 AM
UPDATE:

Week 5 weigh in.. 176 lbs

Notes: Refeed was sunday, i went overboard.. gained appox 1.5 lbs of visable fat, stoped taking the eca but kept diet+trainign the same. This week i plan to resume the eca, diet, and training. I also plan to have a better refeed next time.

TheGimp
11-19-2003, 06:00 AM
Good luck mate :thumbup:

defcon
11-19-2003, 09:30 AM
thanx :)

This cuttign cycle goal = to see a basic outline of abs while relaxed, my arms/legs would make me look like sub10%, but my gut ( endo ) makes my bf in the high teens to 20% :(

JuniorMint6669
11-19-2003, 09:40 AM
Just noticed this journal! Goodluck mang/bro/etc.

Your body type is like mine. Im fairly lean on the arms/shoulders, but carry a lot on my gut.

defcon
11-19-2003, 09:42 AM
yeah, sucs eh? :P got any pics of yourself?

defcon
11-21-2003, 05:00 AM
ERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR HIT ME HIT ME HIT ME :(

After ~2months of binge free goodnesss.. it happened, i binged :(
I dear not list what i ate, but bleh. WWHHHHHHY DOES THIS HAPPEN TO ME G DAMMIT!.

Personally i am not mentally ready to cut i do not think, i always think about how small i will be after the cut.. i want to bulk and gain some more LBM.. but my bf% is a fair on the high side, sumwhere around 15%, legs + arm = ripped, stomach = soft :\

Bleh,

Here is a question. If i SLOW bulk up now.. think its possible to gain LBM but lower my bf%? ( i will still gain fat, but the ratio of muscle/fat would be big so i will actually lose bf% , get it? ) ive been training for 8 months or so so i prolly will not have the newbie gains anymore :\

I dunno, i wanna cut.. but i want/need to bulk.

Exnor
11-21-2003, 06:35 AM
/me hits you :bash: - you asked for it :)

IMO, just bulk. If you are indeed only 15% its worth it. I personally believe in the ratio thing, hell it seems to be working for me.

Problem is, to gain LBM, your gonna have to eat clean. Can you change your "refeed" days to once every 2-3 weeks instead? Or mabye even once a month?

Do you do any cardio?

bradley
11-21-2003, 08:26 AM
Instead of concerning yourself with bulking or cutting, it sounds as though you need some time away from a structured diet. I am not saying go out and eat fast food everyday, but maybe concentrate on eating clean foods every three hours or so. I sometimes find myself getting caught up in my diet and it will end up bugging you to death if you let it.

Basically what I am saying is allow yourself a little latitude with you calorie intake, and just let the calories fall where they may. One day you might take in more, then next day you might take in a little less. It really will not matter all that much, and I feel as though it would help psychologically. Who knows, you might lean out a little. Just try it for 2-3 weeks and find out.

I am currently following this approach, and while I still am constantly figuring out calories in my head, I try not to let it bother me. If I have the craving for something I will eat it, and then go about my business. Following an all or none approach will lead to stress, which in my opinion is the last thing anybody needs more of. This all or none approach is probably the root of you binge eating problem, which I can relate to. Although I do not feel that it is necessarily binge eating disorder, but more of a resuly of being overly restrictive as far as diet is concerned. Train hard and eat clean 90% of the time and the other 10% will not matter. You have to have some sort of balance. Just my long winded .02, and I hope it will be of some benefit.;)

defcon
11-21-2003, 09:04 AM
Originally posted by Exnor
/me hits you :bash: - you asked for it :)

IMO, just bulk. If you are indeed only 15% its worth it. I personally believe in the ratio thing, hell it seems to be working for me.

Problem is, to gain LBM, your gonna have to eat clean. Can you change your "refeed" days to once every 2-3 weeks instead? Or mabye even once a month?

Do you do any cardio?

I havbe no problem eating clean if i was bulking, its only when i say to myself that im "cutting" that i get these urges.. i though it was cleared up until yesterday.. bleh.

Yeah, i do cardio on my off days.

defcon
11-21-2003, 09:12 AM
Originally posted by bradley
Instead of concerning yourself with bulking or cutting, it sounds as though you need some time away from a structured diet. I am not saying go out and eat fast food everyday, but maybe concentrate on eating clean foods every three hours or so. I sometimes find myself getting caught up in my diet and it will end up bugging you to death if you let it.

Basically what I am saying is allow yourself a little latitude with you calorie intake, and just let the calories fall where they may. One day you might take in more, then next day you might take in a little less. It really will not matter all that much, and I feel as though it would help psychologically. Who knows, you might lean out a little. Just try it for 2-3 weeks and find out.

I am currently following this approach, and while I still am constantly figuring out calories in my head, I try not to let it bother me. If I have the craving for something I will eat it, and then go about my business. Following an all or none approach will lead to stress, which in my opinion is the last thing anybody needs more of. This all or none approach is probably the root of you binge eating problem, which I can relate to. Although I do not feel that it is necessarily binge eating disorder, but more of a resuly of being overly restrictive as far as diet is concerned. Train hard and eat clean 90% of the time and the other 10% will not matter. You have to have some sort of balance. Just my long winded .02, and I hope it will be of some benefit.;)

Bradely, If you were here i'd give you a hug, then brush myself off and act cool. :)

But seriously, i think this is the best thing for me to do.. ive followed/tried to follow a TOTALLY structured diet ever since i started training right, 8 months ago, i find myself CONSTANTLY thinking about my diet, even when im eating the freaking food im thinking about all the reactions going on in me and such. its crazy..

So Yes.. this is my plan. School semester ( university is coming to an end ) this is providing enough stress on me now as it is, finals coming up in 1.5 weeks. So im going to say screw counting cals, screw my structured diet. Just eat a clean meal consiting of protein, carbs, and EFA throughout the day. ( i will still have my p/w shake tho :P )

Like you siad, i will still be thinking about how many calories i will consume per meal n such, but i will try not to, and nbot let it bothme at all.. if i want a sub one night when im out with my "potential" gf, i will get it.. double the meat of course ;) But yeah, im gonna follow this until my semester is over, then the stress/schedual of school will be over, then i will see where i stand, and start a nice cut.

So, i may still weigh in every now and then.. i'll keep this jornal updated with what i ate and such.. but thanx brad. I've actually considered doing this many times.. but then i would think to myself.."it would be a waste of my time" but your right.. the psych. benefit of it would do me good! as a matter of fact, my next meal is gonna be a nice roasted chicken sub, whole wheat bread, lots of nice veggies ( no cheese mayo :P, dislike it anyway :D ). C ya guys!

Scott S
11-21-2003, 09:26 AM
:withstupi

You're taking this way too seriously. If you eat moer than you planned, move on. It's not the end of the world.

aka23
11-21-2003, 09:52 AM
I agree with the advice bradley gave. You might also want to check into groups or other services offered at your college. Binge eating is serious issue recognized by the DSM-IV. Various types of therapy may be beneficial as well as certain medications, such as SSRIs.

In regards to your question about losing BF while doing a slow bulk, it is likely to be possible for a certain time period by eating near maintenence calories while improving training (weightlifting, doing cardio), diet, or altering supplementation. I think it would be possible to lose a small amount of total BF, not just BF%.

You can find studies where subjects gained muscle and lost fat with strength training alone, strength training + cardio, or cardio alone (usually HIIT type). In such studies the subjects are almost always overweight or untrained, usually both. As a person becomes more trained, it becomes more difficult to gain muscle, and gaining muscle usually requires a postive calorie balance. Similarly the body likes to maintain a certain body fat set point. As body fat decreases, it becomes increasingly difficult to continue to lose fat, and gaining muscle while losing fat becomes more difficult.

It would probably be more efficient to focus on one activity or the other - gaining muscle or losing fat. I would recommend instead following the less structured approach that bradley described.

defcon
11-21-2003, 10:37 AM
thanx guys.. yah, im gn d that until the end of the semester, after that who knows. we'll see what i feel like :)

bradley
11-22-2003, 04:38 AM
The holidays are coming up, which is another reason to allow a little devation from an overly structured diet. I am of the belief that it may take a while to get over the sudden "shock" of being allowed foods that were once off limits. After the new wears off these so called "bad foods" will lose their luster and just become any other foodstuff that you find in the pantry.

My diet currently, while overall clean, is not very structured and I try to do something different with it everyday. Different foods, different meal times, etc. and I must say that I am enjoying this new found freedom. I am hoping that my less structured approach will help in my all or nothing mentality, which I am sure you can relate to.

Eat normal, train hard, and see what happens:D

defcon
11-22-2003, 04:56 AM
Hey brad, Yes.. i can relate to the "all or nothing" attitude :P

But you know sumthing... its crazy hard to get use to now having a structured diet haha.. wghen i woke up this morning and got breakfast.. i cracked 7 egg whites and about 1.5 cups oatmeal dry :P im gonna go eat an apple or sumthing haha, bleh.. hard to get use to not following a diet :\

bradley
11-22-2003, 05:22 AM
Originally posted by defcon
Hey brad, Yes.. i can relate to the "all or nothing" attitude :P

But you know sumthing... its crazy hard to get use to now having a structured diet haha.. wghen i woke up this morning and got breakfast.. i cracked 7 egg whites and about 1.5 cups oatmeal dry :P im gonna go eat an apple or sumthing haha, bleh.. hard to get use to not following a diet :\

I know exactly what you mean, and I still follow pretty much the same diet. My main obstacle comes when I do eat something a little out of the ordinary, and I will try and tell myself that the whole day is shot and I should just pig out on that food in question, which ultimately ends up being a inordinate amount of calories (all or nothing :mad: ). It seems to be getting better, but I try and take it a one day at a time, although my lifts are progressing in the gym quite nicely.

defcon
11-22-2003, 06:19 AM
Hey Brad, I can see myself following the same "diet foods/times" that i ususally do follow, because of a few reasons. (1) I like those foods :P (2) My School class sched. allows for certian times to eat, i must use those times, plus i can't cook nothing while living on campus. O well, even thought i've only been up a few hours today, i alredy feel better mentally :)

And Great Progress on the Lifts man :)

rookiebldr
11-22-2003, 06:43 AM
Looks like you are getting some good advice there Defcon. I too suffer from the same fat distribution. It sucks. Good luck on the cut.

defcon
11-22-2003, 06:46 AM
Originally posted by rookiebldr
Looks like you are getting some good advice there Defcon. I too suffer from the same fat distribution. It sucks. Good luck on the cut.

Our fat dist. sucks eh? :P O well.. thanx for the post.. but remember, im not cutting anymore :) Just enjoying my food when i eat it, then bustin my azz in the gym, see where it all brings me to in a while :D But now i must get back to writing my Anthropology essay :( i hate doing these "Human Nature" Studies, i gotta do one each semester :(

defcon
11-26-2003, 06:35 AM
UPdate: This week ive been following brad's diet idea :P i know ive been eating way over maintanice.. on mostly clean foods.. i weighed in this morning @ 179.5 ( + 3.5 lbs from last week ). bleh.. but the good news is that i feel less stressed now :P and that is def. a good thing considering so many final exams coming up in a few weeks :\ ima try to cut down my calories a bit tho.. still following brads advice tho.

bradley
11-26-2003, 07:39 AM
Good to hear that your overall stress levels have gone down, and when you do decide to cut cals, try and make it gradual. A few calories here and a few calories there can add up over the course of a day.

defcon
11-26-2003, 08:28 AM
:nod: mostly i'll just try to cut back the oatmeal a bit.. right now i have 2 cups or more at every meal haha :P