PDA

View Full Version : From Jay Cutler- What the industry won't tell you

Xand
11-15-2003, 11:20 AM
WHAT THE MAGS WON'T TELL YOU!!!
WHAT THE PROS HIDE FROM YOU!!!!!
WHAT THE SUPPLEMENT INDUSTRY FEARS YOU FIND OUT!!!!
HAVE NO FEAR BADGUY IS HERE----I WILL EXPOSE IT, SHOW IT, PROVE IT, AND BEAT IT DOWN TO MAKE A fu**ing POINT!!!
THE BODYBUILDING SECRET.

The 'secret' in bodybuilding - is eating.

THE SECRET----Muscles must have nutrition to grow.
Nutrition can be broken down into 2 groups
1) micro NUTRITENTS--VITAMINS AND MINERALS
2) macro nutrients--PROTEIN, FAT, AND CARBS AND ARE THE MOST IMPORTANT!!

THE MICRO NUTRIENTS ARE EASY--TAKE A fu*king VITAMIN AND QUIT YOUR CRYING B*TCH!!
The macro nutrients - THESE ARE THE TRUE SECRET TO MUSCLE GROWTH. Calories are the key word here. Everyone loves to argue about the correct amount of protein, fat and carbs - too much of one, t0o little of the other - it's all bull s..t.
YOU HEARD ME--ITS ALL BULLSH*T!!!!

***THERE IS ONLY ONE BODYBUILDER WHO I NOW HAVE RESPECT FOR SAYING THIS---JAY CUTLER! HE SAID IT ONE DAY AND IT SHOCKED THE HELL OUT OF ME!! HE HAD ACTUALLY TOLD THE PUBLIC THE REAL SECRET!! NOBODY EVEN PAID ATTENTION. HE ACTUALLY SAID " I'LL EVEN EAT CARBS ALL DAY AS LONG AS I GET IN THE CALORIES I WILL GROW!!!!!! YOU SEE, JAY HAS NOTHING TO LOSE--HE HAS THE MONEY, THE CONTRACTS, AND CAN NOW BE OPEN ABOUT IT.

THE POINT IS SIMPLE!!!!---- the body does not grow because you ate 200 grams of protein today, or only 40 grams of fat - or even 400 grams of carbohydrates - calories are what control growth. CALORIES CONTROL MUSCLE GROWTH. Not supplements, not protein, not carbs, not fat, not some magic pill, not even steroids - CALORIES CONTROL MUSCLE GROWTH!!!!

SO WHY THE HELL ARE YOU STILL READING WHAT I'M TYPING--YOU SHOULD HAVE A DOUGHNUT IN YOUR RIGHT HAND AND HAVE YOUR KEYS IN YOUR LEFT HEADING OUT THE DOOR TO YOUR NEAREST BUFFET!
NOW GO DAMMIT AND GET BIG!!

Bam Bam
11-15-2003, 11:29 AM
eats a dozen krispy kremes

donescobar2000
11-15-2003, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by Xand
WHAT THE MAGS WON'T TELL YOU!!!
WHAT THE PROS HIDE FROM YOU!!!!!
WHAT THE SUPPLEMENT INDUSTRY FEARS YOU FIND OUT!!!!
HAVE NO FEAR BADGUY IS HERE----I WILL EXPOSE IT, SHOW IT, PROVE IT, AND BEAT IT DOWN TO MAKE A fu**ing POINT!!!
THE BODYBUILDING SECRET.

The 'secret' in bodybuilding - is eating.

THE SECRET----Muscles must have nutrition to grow.
Nutrition can be broken down into 2 groups
1) micro NUTRITENTS--VITAMINS AND MINERALS
2) macro nutrients--PROTEIN, FAT, AND CARBS AND ARE THE MOST IMPORTANT!!

THE MICRO NUTRIENTS ARE EASY--TAKE A fu*king VITAMIN AND QUIT YOUR CRYING B*TCH!!
The macro nutrients - THESE ARE THE TRUE SECRET TO MUSCLE GROWTH. Calories are the key word here. Everyone loves to argue about the correct amount of protein, fat and carbs - too much of one, t0o little of the other - it's all bull s..t.
YOU HEARD ME--ITS ALL BULLSH*T!!!!

***THERE IS ONLY ONE BODYBUILDER WHO I NOW HAVE RESPECT FOR SAYING THIS---JAY CUTLER! HE SAID IT ONE DAY AND IT SHOCKED THE HELL OUT OF ME!! HE HAD ACTUALLY TOLD THE PUBLIC THE REAL SECRET!! NOBODY EVEN PAID ATTENTION. HE ACTUALLY SAID " I'LL EVEN EAT CARBS ALL DAY AS LONG AS I GET IN THE CALORIES I WILL GROW!!!!!! YOU SEE, JAY HAS NOTHING TO LOSE--HE HAS THE MONEY, THE CONTRACTS, AND CAN NOW BE OPEN ABOUT IT.

THE POINT IS SIMPLE!!!!---- the body does not grow because you ate 200 grams of protein today, or only 40 grams of fat - or even 400 grams of carbohydrates - calories are what control growth. CALORIES CONTROL MUSCLE GROWTH. Not supplements, not protein, not carbs, not fat, not some magic pill, not even steroids - CALORIES CONTROL MUSCLE GROWTH!!!!

SO WHY THE HELL ARE YOU STILL READING WHAT I'M TYPING--YOU SHOULD HAVE A DOUGHNUT IN YOUR RIGHT HAND AND HAVE YOUR KEYS IN YOUR LEFT HEADING OUT THE DOOR TO YOUR NEAREST BUFFET!
NOW GO DAMMIT AND GET BIG!!

Dude I can agree with this. Prior to a high protein diet I was adding and cutting with more carbs than anything.

MrWebb78
11-15-2003, 12:12 PM
in this case i challenge anybody to get big and ripped off of an all doughnut diet.

donescobar2000
11-15-2003, 12:25 PM
Hell you probably could squeeze into your diet.

PeterParker
11-15-2003, 12:43 PM
i would like to hear what Bradley has to say on the matter.

Silverback
11-15-2003, 01:03 PM
I have to agree with him, protein is pushed far too much and the daily totals reccomended by the magazines i.e. weider are just a marketing ploy to sell products, in fact all bb magazines are government registered as 'catalogues'.

Look at any of Chris Mason's post on his nutrition views and you will see that he has a good balance and the guy is huge. An all donut diet aint going to cut it (although i think you were joking :)) You need certain levels of protein just not the ones specified in Flex for example.

bradley
11-15-2003, 01:11 PM
I will agree that it is not as complex as some would make it out to be, and as long as you are taking in a surplus of calories along with enough protein and fat, you will grow.

Although if one were to take the original post and follow it to a T, we would have a lot more obese bodybuilders walking around with 50 inch waists. What I am getting at is you still have to have some sort of balance, and most people can not go around eating whenever and whatever they want without adding unnecessary amounts of bodyfat.

I also do not think Jay Cutler is a good source of nutrition information. Every column I have seen him give nutrition advice in consists of some mention of an ISS product, and "eating big."

I wonder if Jay Cutler added all that LBM with a low fat, low protein, high carb diet.:rolleyes:

PeterParker
11-15-2003, 01:15 PM
could it be the chemicals :confused: :angel:

thetopdog
11-15-2003, 01:26 PM
What exactly is it about junk food, fast food etc. that makes somebody fat (apart from the calories)? I was trying to figure it out in my last thread "The only ways to limit the amount of fat gained on a bulk are..." but nobody really had any advice

bradley
11-15-2003, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by thetopdog
What exactly is it about junk food, fast food etc. that makes somebody fat (apart from the calories)? I was trying to figure it out in my last thread "The only ways to limit the amount of fat gained on a bulk are..." but nobody really had any advice

The overall calories would be the main factor attributing to the ease at which bodyfat accumalates, when making fast food a mainstay of your diet.

Another issue would be the timing of the macronutrients, although in the grand scheme of things I do not think this is overly important.

aidano
11-15-2003, 01:44 PM
Jay's trying to stem the competition.

GonePostal
11-15-2003, 02:01 PM
What bradley said

defcon
11-15-2003, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by bradley

The overall calories would be the main factor attributing to the ease at which bodyfat accumalates, when making fast food a mainstay of your diet.

Another issue would be the timing of the macronutrients, although in the grand scheme of things I do not think this is overly important.

If this is the case.. then why do people "clean bulk" by eating clean foods.. what if we just ate 1.2g protein/lb bw and suffiecient EFA and ate 1000 cals from cookies and doughnuts or w/e to get us 500 cals above maintanice?

thetopdog
11-15-2003, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by defcon

If this is the case.. then why do people "clean bulk" by eating clean foods.. what if we just ate 1.2g protein/lb bw and suffiecient EFA and ate 1000 cals from cookies and doughnuts or w/e to get us 500 cals above maintanice?

That's exactly what I'm trying to get at. A dirty bulk with enough protien and EFAs would be about 1000 times easier for me to do than a clean bulk. So I'm not going to waste my time and energy trying to bulk cleanly if it doesn't even make a difference

defcon
11-15-2003, 02:43 PM
from what people in this thread are saying, as long as you are only slightly over maitnaince and gain <0.5 lb a week then no matter how much "dirty" fod you eat then u'll gain more muscle then fat..

but for general health reasons i don't know if this would be a good idea.

Jasonl
11-15-2003, 03:02 PM
eating foods high in trans and saturated fat pose some serious health risks, they are terrible for you heart and have been shown to contribute to some kinds of cancer(i think).

Scott S
11-15-2003, 03:05 PM
"I will contend that, given sufficient protein and EFA's, you can get ripped on table sugar."
-- Lyle McDonald

bradley
11-15-2003, 04:04 PM
Originally posted by defcon

It is much easier to control the timing and overall calories when bulking "cleanly," but that is not to say that you can not bulk off of Wendy's and McDonald's (assuming protein and EFAs are taken care of).

If you were to micro-manage your calories, then I see no reason as to why you could not bulk with minimal fat on what would generally be considered cheat foods.

defcon
11-15-2003, 04:52 PM
interesting.

donescobar2000
11-15-2003, 05:06 PM
Ahhhhhhhhh shyt. Dirty bulking a la Lee Priest here I come.:D

defcon
11-15-2003, 05:07 PM
but remember, you must stay barely over maintnaice :)
meaning, one double big mac combo will put you over if you get the rest of your protein from tuna or egg whites and drink a cpl tps of olive oil :)

donescobar2000
11-15-2003, 05:14 PM
Ill just get me a Quiznos 12 inch Sub to last me all day. Eat my lean proteins and some EFAs.

defcon
11-15-2003, 05:27 PM
whatever puts you over maintanice i guess. :) I still dun think bulking on big macs would be a healthy idea tho.

JeffWillConquer
11-15-2003, 09:51 PM
Ok. If i'm trying to eat 2000 cals a day I could do it with a bic mac, fries, and a coke. Sure. Would this fill me up for the whole day? Shiet no. I could eat 2000 cals a day from eating assloads of tuna and other healthy foods have my hunger well satisfied. This is another issue i would think of...

thetopdog
11-15-2003, 09:55 PM
Originally posted by JeffWillConquer
Ok. If i'm trying to eat 2000 cals a day I could do it with a bic mac, fries, and a coke. Sure. Would this fill me up for the whole day? Shiet no. I could eat 2000 cals a day from eating assloads of tuna and other healthy foods have my hunger well satisfied. This is another issue i would think of...

For me, that's not a problem at all.
When I'm bulking, I need almost 4000cals a day, and it's very hard for me to get it all in. This is the reason why I want to bulk with 'dirty' foods, to make it easier to get in all the required cals.

Xand
11-15-2003, 10:07 PM
I have a place in Venice, CA. About 4 blocks a way from Gold's and 5 blocks from Worlds.

I see pros at the drive throughs all the time especially at the Jack in the Box. I don't know what they're buying but I don't think they serve salads there.

bradley
11-16-2003, 04:40 AM
Originally posted by Xand
I see pros at the drive throughs all the time especially at the Jack in the Box. I don't know what they're buying but I don't think they serve salads there.

You can not compare the diet of professional bodybuilders to a natural trainer's diet. That is like comparing apples to oranges.

Reinier
11-16-2003, 04:48 AM
I go to a hardcore gym and I can confirm that many advanced BB competitors eat junkfood. and smoke too. Even if this article is all true, I wont change my diet for it. There is more to diet than weight and bf%, and god doesn`t like people who support McDonalds.

That type of diet would btw leave you much too low on fiber.

defcon
11-16-2003, 07:52 AM
you see "pros" wating not so clean food because they need freaking 10 000 cals to maintain their weight :P this is in no way comparable to us normal people ( although ive read your journal Xand, your far from normal, moving HUGE weight man, congrats :) )

Just be healthy and reat even relativily clean, if your an ecto you can and may want to eat semi dirty foods to get you enough calories, but the body will feel and function better with clean foods. IMO.

and for endos' we only need 3000 or less to bulk, so we hould ea clean :)

Sir Foxx
11-16-2003, 08:41 AM
I think Dan Duchaine put it best when it comes to eating while on cycle: " Don't get mad at yourself for eating a Big Mac, get mad at yourself for not eating 4 or 5 Big Macs."

:D

Budiak
11-16-2003, 12:15 PM
This article seems as if it were written by a used car salesman who doesnt feel the need to prove anything he says because if he shouts it, the point will get across.

Dan Duchaine is a genius.

F40
11-16-2003, 02:23 PM
"WHAT THE INDUSTRY WON'T TELL YOU:"

If you're taking 10g of Test a week stacked with deca, HGH, insulin and a the myriad other drugs and steroids, you could be eating 3000 calories of dog sh!t a day and still get bigger muscles.

(clearly eating more of better food and training sensibly is likely to help :) )

The WORST advice always appears to come from these drug ridden retards.

PHOENIX
11-16-2003, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by Bam Bam
eats a dozen krispy kremes

i love it. krispy kremes rulez.....

Bigmofo
11-16-2003, 08:17 PM
Originally posted by F40
"WHAT THE INDUSTRY WON'T TELL YOU:"

If you're taking 10g of Test a week stacked with deca, HGH, insulin and a the myriad other drugs and steroids, you could be eating 3000 calories of dog sh!t a day and still get bigger muscles.

(clearly eating more of better food and training sensibly is likely to help :) )

The WORST advice always appears to come from these drug ridden retards.

Wow finally someone sees the big picture...

micko
11-17-2003, 12:33 AM
:(

wot are EFA's ?? (me= newbie)

essential fatty acids??
eating farm animals?? :D

bradley
11-17-2003, 02:31 AM
EFAs=essential fatty acids

AndresC
11-17-2003, 03:07 AM
I'll continue eating healthy b/c it makes me feel good. When i eat junk food I look at the other people buying it and that is what I don't want to become.

manowar669
11-20-2003, 04:24 PM
Theoretically then, you could eat lean proteins and EFAs all day in batches until you get enough, along with a gallon or two of water and then drink enough beer to get your cals in? Sounds like fun! Of course you realize I'm joking.

universal
12-01-2003, 10:28 PM
not beer but enough efas and protein and the rest is up for grabs...if u dont mind the fat gain