PDA

View Full Version : what are the benefits of using protein?

showNgo
11-15-2003, 12:19 PM
im not sure if you had heard that question before but what re the benefits? example, not much people seem to see results with just protein. nitro-tech sounds good but overall in general, what are the benefits of using protein?

Jasonl
11-15-2003, 12:27 PM
its the building blocks of your muscles, i would go into it more but i have to go now. i'm sure someone else will elaborate on it further.

defcon
11-15-2003, 02:54 PM
Basically, protein is the building blocks of your muscles, without it, your muscles can not grow. You do not need nitro-tech shakes to get protein, get it from eggs, chicken, cottage cheese, tuna, lean meats, fish, etc etc.. the only time a shake would be useful is after you workout. have a WHEY protein shake, this is simply because it is absorbed really fast. even this is not NEEDED as such, but it helps a fair bit IMO.

well thats the basics.. seems like you don;t know too much about diet/nutrition so its no point for anyone to get into all the fancy chemical process of how our bodies use's the protein :P

Scott S
11-15-2003, 03:13 PM
Whey protein won't do ANYTHING for you that food protein sources won't, if that's what you're asking.