PDA

View Full Version : my newbie bulking diet

micko
11-15-2003, 09:23 PM
hey all
just wanted some advice on my bulking diet to see if it is balanced enough.

meal 1 - 9am
2 cups of baked beans
1cup of full cream milk powder ( which makes a litre of milk)

meal 2 - 12pm
whey protien shake
1 tablespoon of linseed oil (flaxseed)

meal 3 - 3pm
4 scrambled eggs
1 cup of brown rice

meal 4 - 6pm
1 cup of chicken
1 cup of brown rice

meal 5 - 9pm
more scrammy eggs (4)
1 cup full cream milk powder

meal 6 - 12am
whey protien shake
1 tablespoon of linseed

then sleep :D

according to www.fitday.com this gives me
3868 calories
185g fat !! (maybe too much??)
305g carbs
260g protien

any suggestions on how i can mix this up a bit so it doesnt get boring??
i getting sick of cookin scrammy eggs :redface:

micko
11-16-2003, 02:19 AM
mm lookin at that diet makes me think i should cut down on the eggs!

8 eggs a day cant be good for your cholestoral levels? wot could i take insted of all those eggs?

:(

TheGimp
11-16-2003, 02:28 AM
You could maybe use just the white from some of them? I am not sure, I don't eat eggs ;)

Might want to replace that meal 2 whey shake with whole foods - whey digests quickly (unless you take it with milk?) and whole foods would keep you fuller (guess thats a negative though if you're bulking) and contain vitamins and minerals and things like fibre. If you dont take the pre-bed shake with milk then definitely do so, or has somthing else like cottage cheese - you need it to digest slowly over the course of the night.

Also I'm not sure about the full cream milk powder - that means it has a lot of fat in it? While you should be getting some fat it should be from stuff like flax oil (in fact fish oil would be better), peanutbutter and olive oil.

micko
11-16-2003, 02:57 AM
yea i have heard from a few people saying remove the yolk but it seems like such a waste!
yea i take the whey with full cream milk and the full cream milk powder is just like normal milk .. but powder so i can get the goodness of a liter of milk in 300 mls. I LOVE MILK :P
also i am taking flaxseed with the protien shakes ( tis also called linseed oil)

the rock
11-16-2003, 04:14 AM
Wasting a yolk? What is the significance of a yolk and whos going to eat it? Are you going to go up to a poor person and say "hey bud heres an egg yolk, hope you enjoy"?

Anyway just have 4 whites and 1 yolk for meal 3, maybe you should scrap the eggs in meal 5 and replace it with some tuna in olive oil. Thats just my opinion though...

Edit: Aren't Baked Beans really high in sodium?

micko
11-16-2003, 04:47 AM
noooo i love my beans
i can handle da sodium !!
:cry:

ok ill post the yolks to ethiopia :D