PDA

View Full Version : Maltodoses

JohnnyAutoParts
11-16-2003, 04:17 PM
I finally "splurged" and bought 10lbs of Carbo Powder aka Maltodextrin. First of all, it came in a plastic bag and now all of my neighbors think I'm running coke out of my basement. Anyway, the most lacking part of my diet is the intake of enough quality carbs. From what I understand, malto is a complex carbohydrate that is mainly used in MRPs/Weightgainers. Complex carbs are good. My question is this: Is there any downside to consuming maltodextrin? Or can I be consuming this a few times a day? I know its the primary ingredient in NLarge and NLarge makes you fat if you abuse it, but isnt that because of the fructose, not the carbs? Somebody please explain.

bradley
11-16-2003, 04:38 PM
Maltodextrin is a complex carb, but it is still a high GI carbohydrate. I think it is best used pre/post workout, and at other times during the day you can use low GI carbs such as oats, sweet potatoes, etc.

N'Large will cause fat gain, due to the sheer amount of calories. I doubt the fructose will become an issue unless you are consuming multiple servings per day, while at the same time consuming other fructose/sucrose containing foods.

defcon
11-16-2003, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by JohnnyAutoParts
First of all, it came in a plastic bag and now all of my neighbors think I'm running coke out of my basement.

I must first ROFL at that, haha omg. i had to leave the public computer lab when i read it.

Okay, now to answer.

As to what bradely said, malto is best consumed post workout, if your loking for quality carbs to eat during the day, look @ oatmeal, whole wheat bread, long grain balsamic rice, whole wheat pasta. veggies are also nice :)

JohnnyAutoParts
11-16-2003, 07:10 PM
Haha, thanks for the replies fellas. Yeah next time I purchase malto, i think i will order from supplement direct which packages in pails. I often get confused between high gi/low gi vs complex/simple carb. Since my goal is to create a consistent diet of 2800 calories per day, I'm always looking for shortcuts ;)

defcon
11-17-2003, 04:36 AM
No prob man, jus post if you have any questions/concerns... also, the search function can get you the answers to MANY questions very fast :)

I am still laughing @ the cke thing tho.. funniest thing ive heard on these boards or a while lol :) Take a look @ my sig. ;)

AndresC
11-17-2003, 11:27 AM
Dude when I was opening my bag with a knife i tore a huge whole and malto flew all over my kitchen. That stuff is NOT easy to clean :mad:

defcon
11-17-2003, 05:54 PM
Its only like any other thing to clean.. get a vacum and suck it up.., now if it was on carpet, i can see it posing a BIG problem :)

Imagine if you had a dog or cat.. ran around lick up all that malto.. wow, they would die of a heart attack, or have so much energy that you will want to kill them :P

JTyrell710
11-17-2003, 06:52 PM
I finally "splurged" and bought 10lbs of Carbo Powder aka Maltodextrin. First of all, it came in a plastic bag and now all of my neighbors think I'm running coke out of my basement

HAHA thats too ****in much!

"Dude when I was opening my bag with a knife i tore a huge whole and malto flew all over my kitchen." HAHAHA this thread is good solely for the laughs

defcon
11-17-2003, 06:58 PM
Originally posted by JTyrell710
I finally "splurged" and bought 10lbs of Carbo Powder aka Maltodextrin. First of all, it came in a plastic bag and now all of my neighbors think I'm running coke out of my basement

HAHA thats too ****in much!

"Dude when I was opening my bag with a knife i tore a huge whole and malto flew all over my kitchen." HAHAHA this thread is good solely for the laughs

:nod:

daddyzombie
11-17-2003, 08:20 PM
Hahaha, yea, I`ve got a whole box full of those bags. But I only use the malto in my PW shake.

ChrisH
11-18-2003, 11:31 AM
Malto is wierd, its such a fine sugar that its really sticky. Wierd stuff.

AllUp
11-18-2003, 01:10 PM
Malto Smuggling ring with speedboats, fast cars and Miami-Vice suits. Good chases too. So who wants in? :P

defcon
11-18-2003, 02:00 PM
I want a car, then i'm in :)

AndresC
11-18-2003, 05:14 PM
Originally posted by ChrisH
Malto is wierd, its such a fine sugar that its really sticky. Wierd stuff. exactly! It's super fine stuff. That was the problem when cleaning it. I got a wet paper towel and it just absorbed it. I had to mop my floor afer because it was so sticky.

JTyrell710
11-18-2003, 05:53 PM
Originally posted by AllUp
Malto Smuggling ring with speedboats, fast cars and Miami-Vice suits. Good chases too. So who wants in? :P

*sniffs white powder*
yup.. its 100% premium grade A~..maltodextrin *dramatic music*

defcon
11-19-2003, 04:35 AM
no prob man, i'd get you tha proper hook up anytime! Pure Malto.

* buys another set of lights and noise maker for his foolish looking honda civic *